Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Durty South Swamp;n244027 said:
I was always surprised that tunsil chose ole piss over flori.... :lmao:

Sorry, I just cant seem to get that out all the way before busting out laughing.

Maybe he just wanted to know what it's like to beat Bammers

456910820-the-scoreboard-shows-the-finals-score-gettyimages.jpg

I don't know why anyone would ever go to any place in the states of Missippi or Trailerbammer. I try my best to avoid stopping even for gas.

GMDGator

Founding Member
Slick Willie - RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 15, 2014
Founding Member
oxrageous;n244061 said:
We're gonna miss ya, man.
I will still watch.... However, if you feel this is the same quality of game/student athlete of even 15 years ago, you are kidding yourself... These entitled punks are getting worse every year and us fans forking over big time $$ to watch the games are making it that way...

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Agree completely with randy bobandy, it's beyond pathetic at this point.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Is it really any worse than its always been, or are we just more aware of it due to all the forms of media these days?

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
GMDGATOR;244082 said:
I will still watch.... However, if you feel this is the same quality of game/student athlete of even 15 years ago, you are kidding yourself... These entitled punks are getting worse every year and us fans forking over big time $$ to watch the games are making it that way...

Other than my company match donations, my cable bill , and a home game every now and then, I don't give jack. Definitely not big $$.

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
MJMGator;n244166 said:
Is it really any worse than its always been, or are we just more aware of it due to all the forms of media these days?

This.....it's not like we didn't know that Bear, Boobie, Switzer, Osbourne and dozens of others were just too good to be legit.

Gatordiddy

Member in good standing
Lifetime Member
Jul 23, 2014
Concrete Helmet;n244214 said:
This.....it's not like we didn't know that Bear, Boobie, Switzer, Osbourne and dozens of others were just too good to be legit.

Not to mention Give 'em Hell Pell and the mess he left us in during the early - mid Eighties.
I still can remember celebrating on 13th and University only to have it snatched back.

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
makes you wonder how bad it really was at SMU for them to get the death penalty

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
alcoholica;n245177 said:
makes you wonder how bad it really was at SMU for them to get the death penalty

Different time and a really small program in the grand scheme of things. Easy to be tough on a program that doesn't bring in any revenue to speak of.

NoGaGator

Lifetime Member
Aug 11, 2014
They were a big program back in the day when they finally got the death penalty. They were on the cover of SI with Anthony Dickerson and Craig James - the Pony backfield. They were caught cheating 3 times - latest was when the former Tex. Gov. Clemens was running their Board of Trustees. Every school in their conference - the former SWC - had been nailed for big-time violations. It was the true " if you ain't cheating, you ain't trying". SMU is a very wealthy school with a lot of oil money that paid their athletes big-time.

LongTooth

Lifetime Member
Feb 4, 2015
Gatordiddy;n245082 said:
Not to mention Give 'em Hell Pell and the mess he left us in during the early - mid Eighties.
I still can remember celebrating on 13th and University only to have it snatched back.

I have a 1984 Gators SEC Championship limited edition commemorative 16oz Coke bottle (unopened). I also have that Sports Illustrated with Wayne on the cover from when we beat Miami. Ahhh, the ups and downs of the eighties.....

biggator6

Oct 2, 2014
MJMGator;n244166 said:

I think it's a little of both.

1. We're aware of EVERYTHING.. because everyone has a camera in their pocket and everyone under 30 is stupid enough to post everything online.
2. The big money of CFB has gotten out of control and these 5-star kids are being treated like gods starting in middle school.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
biggator6;n247448 said:
1. We're aware of EVERYTHING.. because everyone has a camera in their pocket and everyone under 30 is stupid enough to post everything online.
Ain't it the truth! My wife just watched a 6 minute video of one of her nieces airing dirty laundry and claiming poor, pitiful me on Farcebook. :facepalm:

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator