Things people who dont know football say

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
The best defenses today actually dictate where they want the offense to go with the ball a lot of times before the ball is snapped. Scheme and discipline often produce better overall game results than intricate blitz packages and "island corners" imo. Nothing worse than watching a freak of an athlete get a 8-10 yard loss on a sack and then see the same guy get gapped off tackle on the next play for 15-20 yards and then get out of position and give up another 30 yards on the next play because he can't read a screen.
Of course. Pretty much describes all our DEs.
People think those guys are great DEs.

GatorStud

Founding Member
Score Points, Be Happy
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I've made no claims to the contrary. I'm there for the entertainment value, if any. Move the sticks until my guy with the ball is in the rectangle piece of grass without the measurement stripes and my guys cause a lot of three and outs for the other slubs... look sweet or bad ass respectively doing it and I'm good. :grin:

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
When DE's and CB's are the focal points of a defense you're pretty well fuucked ....

Ancient Reptile

Mar 4, 2015
Im stealing this quote from an argument Five Finger said in another thread.

IMO here are some of the ways I know quickly that you dont know football:

The ProStyle vs The Spread- people who don't know football think that these are the two offenses.

We just need a quarterback- people who don't no offense think that the problem is always that we need a better quarterback, and can't discern problems with the offense of liner route-running or anything else on offense.

He is staring down his receivers
- people who don't know football somehow by seeing the back of a quarterback's helmet yet know where his eyes are. a lesser related concept is judging quarterbacks by how hard they throw the ball.

Defense is about sacks and interceptions-
people who don't know football judge defenses by these two things only.

Give me more or return fire when ready.
We've had two coaching staffs in a row now who"no" offense.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
People who get pissed because a quarterback scrambles and throws it away. He’s doing it for a reason, folks, nobody’s open.

People who think every running play up the middle is the “same play.”

Probably my top indicators.

A ton of my friends are from NY/NJ and were suddenly huge Giants fans back in 2012. Watching the NFCCG and Super Bowl in a room full of people who don’t know football, I probably heard each of these statements a dozen times. Was pulling my hair out.:lol:

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
"Do you even know what a midline is?"
Well, he actually knows plenty, maybe even everything about football.... he just doesnt know that the offense is used to score points and top doesnt win games.

Last edited:

-THE DUDE-

Founding Member
This is the year!!!
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
“Why don’t we throw it deep more often?”

People who get pissed because a quarterback scrambles and throws it away. He’s doing it for a reason, folks, nobody’s open.

People who think every running play up the middle is the “same play.”

People who blame a receiver for “dropping” a pass if he gets a single fingertip on the ball.

What Williston just said, “we should blitz every down.” Although with Grantham bringing in the 3-4, that’s almost precisely what we’re going to see. :lol:
Can you send this to Franks...let him know he doesn't have to run out of bounds 5 yards behind the LOS :lol:

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Also, a new coach isn't going to coach the bowl game, people.

GatorInGeorgia

Lifetime Member
Aug 25, 2014
Hearing how loud the Tennessee fans were today in Neyland Stadium was purty kewl.

You have to give them credit for being so loud, our players couldn’t hear the play calls.

They broke the record for popcorn sales today when Tennessee came roaring back in the 2nd half to beat us.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.