This is why I love Spurrier

Status
Not open for further replies.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
KC, you are aware Spurrier has recruited black quarterbacks, both in college and while coach of the Tampa Bay Bandits. At least one at USC who became a starter, seven at UF, two at Duke and a pair with the Bandits. Does that make you dislike him a little less?

GatorTAG

Paid Member
Lifetime Member
Oct 21, 2014
With every loss Spurrier has in Columbia I think he gets closer to leaving there to come home to UF. He knows he's taken that program as far as it's going to go. His actions actually seem like a guy who already knows he's not going back there.

Attachments

• conv_1227.gif
    conv_1227.gif
    160.3 KB · Views: 43
  • conv_1227.gif
    conv_1227.gif
    160.3 KB · Views: 41

stephenPE

Lifetime Member
Jul 20, 2014
someone was jilted by SOS in addition to UM. For someone so self-centered and stuck on himself he damned sure did more for gator football than any of the previous 15 coachs combined. He laid it all out there for over a decade. I guess when 10/11 wins each years was not good enough for this GREAT knowledgeable fan base he was ready to try it at the next level. He had more than earned it.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
Spurrier is the ultimate Gator...he is the chosen son. A legend.

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
Once you throw the race card you lose all cred. Cuz in reality that's your only reason for hating Spurrier - the rest is just to make it sound like you're semi-reasonable.

G 2

Founding Member
Gator Great
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
KCgator;n96885 said:
You asked very nicely, so here you go...

I've said this before. Steve Spurrier is all about Steve Spurrier. He cares more about himself and his ego more than he cares about the University of Florida. When he wasn't adored to a level befitting his liking, be bolted from his alma mater for the NFL. His choice. When he failed in the NFL and wanted to come back to college football, he not only came back to the SEC, he came back to the same division as UF, thus ensuring if he had success in winning the division every year, he'd screw his alma mater.

The fact that he can't seem to recruit and develop a black QB for his school, when every other school in the SEC has done it is the icing on the cake.

At the end of the day he is a rival coach in our division of the SEC and he is the enemy plain and simple.

While you probably came to this conclusion based on your racial prejudices, you are correct about Spurrier's ego. Anyone who thinks that Spurrier puts Florida first is lying to themselves. In 2005, in addition to the Florida opening, Spurrier had the option of going to LSU, Notre Dame, Oklahoma State or Mississippi. He chose to face Florida every single year and align his interests directly against Florida's. Hard to get any clearer than that.

While it doesn't change what he did for UF, Spurrier is just as much about himself as he is about Florida.

KCgator

Superhero
Sep 7, 2014
threatmatrix;n96949 said:
Once you throw the race card you lose all cred. Cuz in reality that's your only reason for hating Spurrier - the rest is just to make it sound like you're semi-reasonable.

You continue to worship Spurrier if you'd like. I'll stick with Jesus. White people love to call any discussion regarding race as using a "card". It demeans the conversation. Going back to GSMB, my views on Spurrier have been consistent. My allegiance is to the University of Florida, not one man. Many of you are starting to sound like Bama fans with Bear Bryant.

Turk182

Founding Member
Just don't care anymore
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Spurrier is the past, we need to move on.

Bullag8r

Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
KCgator;n96951 said:
You continue to worship Spurrier if you'd like. I'll stick with Jesus. White people love to call any discussion regarding race as using a "card". It demeans the conversation. Going back to GSMB, my views on Spurrier have been consistent. My allegiance is to the University of Florida, not one man. Many of you are starting to sound like Bama fans with Bear Bryant.

Maybe he hasn't developed a Black QB is that he knows as soon as he criticizes and pulls a black QB he will be called a racist. Just like the prez. Anyone that criticizes him is a racist. Who needs that? Keep it up KC ~ you are validating the stereo type.

KCgator

Superhero
Sep 7, 2014
G 2;n96950 said:
While you probably came to this conclusion based on your racial prejudices, you are correct about Spurrier's ego. Anyone who thinks that Spurrier puts Florida first is lying to themselves. In 2005, in addition to the Florida opening, Spurrier had the option of going to LSU, Notre Dame, Oklahoma State or Mississippi. He chose to face Florida every single year and align his interests directly against Florida's. Hard to get any clearer than that.

While it doesn't change what he did for UF, Spurrier is just as much about himself as he is about Florida.

People aren't going to like you saying this. Not one bit at all.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Race and politics all wrapped in one. Thanks guys. I can't even start a thread without even having to lock it. When it's a said and done, I'll be locking more threads the weekend we win big than all the other weekends combined...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.