This looks really bad (Callaway news)

GatorInGeorgia

Lifetime Member
Aug 25, 2014
You are incorrect. The University of Florida has no responsibility or ability to enforce criminal law.

In light of the fact that UF maintains its' own campus police department I would say you are incorrect. To your point about this being an issue of the 2 players creating an unsafe environment, they alleged did that by allegedly sexually battering or assaulting the female so to say this has nothing to do with sexual assault is wrong. The 2 alleged actions (creating unsafe environment and sexual assault or battery) go hand in hand.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
Sure thing, let's sweep it under the rug and lace em up!

I honestly don't think UF is sweeping it under the rug. At this point, why release the contract? Right now, it probably falls under student privacy policy. A lawsuit would probably bring it to the surface. If they overpaid the guy it will look worse. Right now? It's old news.

Gator98MD

Lifetime Member
Sep 16, 2014
I don't care one way or the other if callaway plays. There are Other people on this team. UF football stopped being life and death to me a long time ago. I know, cool story bro.

InstiGATOR1

Lifetime Member
Mar 27, 2016
In light of the fact that UF maintains its' own campus police department I would say you are incorrect. To your point about this being an issue of the 2 players creating an unsafe environment, they alleged did that by allegedly sexually battering or assaulting the female so to say this has nothing to do with sexual assault is wrong. The 2 alleged actions (creating unsafe environment and sexual assault or battery) go hand in hand.

Why do you think police enforce criminal law? The prosecutor's office enforces criminal law in the courts. UF does not get to prosecute anyone though their police department does get to file a complaint when they think one is merited just like the Gainesville PD and you or me for that matter.

Last edited:

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
I honestly don't think UF is sweeping it under the rug. At this point, why release the contract? Right now, it probably falls under student privacy policy. A lawsuit would probably bring it to the surface. If they overpaid the guy it will look worse. Right now? It's old news.

I don't think they are either, that was sarcasm. The article discusses how student privacy is an invalid excuse because names can be redacted.
Either way, I'm ready for this saga to be over. Just want it handled the right way is all

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
No I did not. And I made the bet when the Cavs were down 3-1

Yes you did. We never agreed to the through football season part until after you won, I said I was fine with that. Doesn't bother me lol

GatorInGeorgia

Lifetime Member
Aug 25, 2014
Why do you think police enforce criminal law? The prosecutor's office enforces criminal law in the courts. UF does not get to prosecute anyone thought their police department does get to file a complaint when they think one is merited just like the Gainesville PD and you or me for that matter.

The UF police department is a law ENFORCEMENT agency with the power to arrest people. Ergo, the University of Florida, through one of its' departments has police powers/law enforcement responsibilities within their jurisdiction (I.e- on the UF campus). So yes, UF is responsible for law ENFORCEMENT on campus.

Regarding prosecuting individuals, I never stated UF/UFPD get to prosecute anyone...but that is no different than any other police department. It's always the prosecutor's office that handles criminal prosecutions.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.