This looks really bad (Callaway news)

LeeForThree

Let It Fly
Lifetime Member
Aug 12, 2014
I don't think they are either, that was sarcasm. The article discusses how student privacy is an invalid excuse because names can be redacted.
Either way, I'm ready for this saga to be over. Just want it handled the right way is all
It is a student privacy issue until a final ruling is made. Until then keep info related to the case away from people who want to influence the decision.

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
It is a student privacy issue until a final ruling is made. Until then keep info related to the case away from people who want to influence the decision.

I don't want to argue about this but I'm fairly confident that is incorrect. Contract details with the booster do not threaten student privacy, especially when names can be redacted. I read this on the interwebs, it must be true

Ray Finkle

Fallen Mod
Lifetime Member
Jul 28, 2014
You know what else I hear LDRJ26 is a fan of?
H_8T-J.gif

TLB

Just chillin'
Lifetime Member
Jan 6, 2015
I know you get the point across, and I will sound all grammar-nazi about typos, but it gets hard to support your statements with things like this

The UF police department is a law ENDORCEMENT agency with the power to arrest people. Ergo, the University of Florida, through one of its' departments has police powers/law enforcement responsibilities within their jurisdiction (I.e- on the UF campus). So yes, UF is responsible for law ENFORCEMENT on campus.

Regarding prosecuting individuals, I never stated UF/UFPD get to prosecute anyone...but that is no different than any other police department. It's always the prisecutor's office that handles criminal prosecutions.

Edorcement? Like, they support the laws?

And I keep reading the last line as "prissy-cutor's office".

InstiGATOR1

Lifetime Member
Mar 27, 2016
The UF police department is a law ENDORCEMENT agency with the power to arrest people. Ergo, the University of Florida, through one of its' departments has police powers/law enforcement responsibilities within their jurisdiction (I.e- on the UF campus). So yes, UF is responsible for law ENFORCEMENT on campus.

Regarding prosecuting individuals, I never stated UF/UFPD get to prosecute anyone...but that is no different than any other police department. It's always the prisecutor's office that handles criminal prosecutions.

You have the power to make a citizen's arrest too just like police departments. Arrest is technically not a punishment so it is not law enforcement even though you are right it is generally called law enforcement even by me.

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
So are we happy he'll get to play this year, or naaa?

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
What's the chance TV announcers are gonna rehash this assault stuff over and over ?
Maybe people could decide for themselves if they gave the accuser air-time to explain it all??

GatorInGeorgia

Lifetime Member
Aug 25, 2014
I know you get the point across, and I will sound all grammar-nazi about typos, but it gets hard to support your statements with things like this

Edorcement? Like, they support the laws?

And I keep reading the last line as "prissy-cutor's office".

As if I give a fcvk whether a grammar nazi like you doesn't support me b/c I made a few typos using a inch long letter board on a small cell phone screen.

GatorInGeorgia

Lifetime Member
Aug 25, 2014
You have the power to make a citizen's arrest too just like police departments. Arrest is technically not a punishment so it is not law enforcement even though you are right it is generally called law enforcement even by me.

Keep grasping for straws. Arrest is one of the first steps in the entire process known as law enforcement. Then, in the typical situation, comes things like an indictment, arraignment, a trial date, a plea bargain, maybe a dismissal of the charges, a trial, a conviction or acquittal, etc.

There doesn't have to be a punishment for this process to be considered law enforcement. Many people experience the criminal justice system through arrest and subsequent trial who are found not guilty and therefore not sentenced due to no criminal conviction by the jury. That doesn't mean that the laws of society were not enforced.

Lastly, FYI, a citizens arrest is really just a fancy way of saying a person suspected of committing a crime was detained by a private citizen(s) until the police arrived to sort out what happened.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator