This may explain why Mac has trouble landing elite QBs

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Pick a thread, and in any of them you guys are the most negative bunch I've ever come across. I visited this board every day (hell, I even gave money) when it started, but the negativity has completely pushed me away. I might drop by once a week now, and with every visit I am reminded of why I left. You guys are worse than CNN with your negative bias.

This place is quickly finding its spot at the bottom... right beside the GatorSports board. Soon, all that will be left here is a couple of crusty old bastards spewing negativity at each other, just like over at the board that I had hoped this one had replaced.
Sorry you feel that way.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I'm not sure the offensive coordinator can be called the problem if the head coach isn't aware that the offensive coordinator is the problem.
And hired the problem. Its not like he inherited the dude.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Pick a thread, and in any of them you guys are the most negative bunch I've ever come across. I visited this board every day (hell, I even gave money) when it started, but the negativity has completely pushed me away. I might drop by once a week now, and with every visit I am reminded of why I left. You guys are worse than CNN with your negative bias.

This place is quickly finding its spot at the bottom... right beside the GatorSports board. Soon, all that will be left here is a couple of crusty old bastards spewing negativity at each other, just like over at the board that I had hoped this one had replaced.

:fatnanner:

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Pick a thread, and in any of them you guys are the most negative bunch I've ever come across.
Its hard to find anything positive about the continuing downward spiral of our program. Few take solace in it. There are a few here who feel we dont deserve to be anything but an average team. 0-10-1!!!!

Most of us know weve already seen the best we will every get from Butters. It is pretty easy to look and the ingredients and know what kind of cake Butters is baking.

If your the kind of fan who enjoys the exploits of 4+ loss coach and reveling in finding the bright spot in our blowout losses or the once per year squeeker victory over a ranked team, I understand that this board probabky has too much reality.

You probably want to find a board full of like minded clueless people. Consider Gator country, you arent allowed to criticize anyone, even opposing teams, there. Happy Hunting!

Look at the brightside, righ? Tens of thousands of empty seats means more leg room in the Swamp!

Last edited:

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member

:alone::alone::alone::alone::alone:

Inforthelongterm

Lifetime Member
Sep 22, 2016
Its hard to find anything positive about the continuing downward spiral of our program. Few take solace in it. There are a few here who feel we dont deserve to be anything but an average team. 0-10-1!!!!

Most of us know weve already seen the best we will every get from Butters. It is pretty easy to look and the ingredients and know what kind of cake Butters is baking.

If your the kind of fan who enjoys the exploits of 4+ loss coach and reveling in finding the bright spot in our blowout losses or the once per year squeeker victory over a ranked team, I understand that this board probabky has too much reality.

You probably want to find a board full of like minded clueless people. Consider Gator country, you arent allowed to criticize anyone, even opposing teams, there. Happy Hunting!

Look at the brightside, righ? Tens of thousands of empty seats means more leg room in the Swamp!
You continue to make my point, and your assumptions about me couldn't be further from the truth.

MidwestChomp

Fun was the goal and we hit the bullseye
Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2014

:burn2:

Welcome to the posting world. Consider staying. One thing we all have in common is our passion to make Gator football great again.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
Season ticket holder since 1989; haven't been to a game in six years.

In all seriousness, welcome to the board. It's not as bad as you think. There are plenty of pumpers on here. I think there's a lot of agreement on both sides that YEAR 3 is HUGE for Mac. It is put up or shut up time. He needs to show he can coach and lead men. I'm talking about FSU and Bama not winning the tallest midget contest of the East.

It starts with Mich.

Try sticking around...a lot of it is mostly joking around.

Sep 29, 2015
If your the kind of fan who characterizes the exploits of a moribund, rebuilding program winning back-to-back East Championships and taking great vengeance against LSU as negatives, and reveling in finding the worst interpretation of any news about the program to shout about ad nauseum, I understand that this board is perfect for you.

FIFY

Here's a list of qb's Mac's coached/recruited in the past. See, see, he's only ever recruited a few top ranked pro-style qbs (including 1 last year for us!) and only won a NC with one. Mac will never land an elite an QB! Booooooooooo. :law:

Hey, there's no practice news this week. Must mean really terrible play going on, no progress. Oh, spring break, really? Well, Mac should mandate practice over spring break! He has no clue! Fire him now! :boom:

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
2-8 vs. ranked teams with 6 blowouts and a loss to (OMG) Bandboy.

Pump away.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
I continue to amazed at the folks complaining about negativity. Know who can make that go away? Mac!
If he can't, then he needs to go away.

Sep 29, 2015
I continue to amazed at the folks complaining about negativity. Know who can make that go away? Mac!
If he can't, then he needs to go away.

I'm not complaining about negativity per se, as there's plenty to be legitimately negative about.

First, I was mocking Donkey Law's eternal misery for a little fun. Second, I was mocking the need to invent goblins that aren't there, like with the meaning of no practice news or Omar's OP. It's almost like some are not content with the actual levels of negativity to the point they have to make up more of it up.

Gotta maintain that negativity quota at StridentChatter!

InstiGATOR1

Lifetime Member
Mar 27, 2016

Personally, I think people who are not that far apart in their views call each other pumpers and negators on this board. I think everyone sees causes for concern. I also think everyone knows that if McElwain can coach up a QB we will see it this fall.

It appears UF has an improving receiving group, a stabilized OL, and at least sold RBs. I think most here recognize that this is the condition where young QBs like Bell for example have thrived at UF before. On the other hand I think most recognize that another season with an offense in the 100s is really going to undermine the fan base support.

deuce

Founding Member
"Cry 'Havoc!', and let slip the dogs of war."
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Do you even bother to read?

Every word and 90% of it is the same BS, day after day.......
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

T-Rex - "Disagree? If so, why?"

Try reading this.... you obviously didn't...

"I know that most people fall victim to confirmation bias, but I honestly don't see how people can't see the flaw in the OP.

ThreatMatrix covered most of it, but it bears repeating.

McElwain was at Fresno State for a single season. One. When McElwain arrived in Fresno returning starting QB Brandstater was a junior. Brandstater was drafted by the Denver Broncos in the 6th round.

McElwain was at Alabama for 4 seasons. In his second season at Alabama McElwain brought in A.J. McCarron. McCarron was good enough to grab the starting job and take the Tide to two national championships. McCarron became the first QB to ever win back to back BCS National Championships, broke the school record for TD passes in a season and passing yards in a season and became Alabama's all time passing yards leader.

At Colorado State McElwain inherited sophomore Garrett Grayson. In the three seasons Mac was at CSU Grayson threw for 8,648 yards with 62 TDs and 21 INTs. Grayson was drafted by the New Orleans Saints in the third round.

In his second year at Florida Mac signed the 5th ranked pro style QB.

Mac coached a QB that was drafted by the Broncos, a QB that won 2 NCs and was drafted by Cincinnati and a QB that was drafted by the Saints. Then he came to the Gators and there was zero depth at the QB position so he brought in the 5th ranked QB in the nation.

So everywhere Mac has gone he inherited a starting QB that has excelled in Mac's system and been drafted by the NFL and somehow that shows that Mac can't recruit. Except for that one time he did need a QB and he brought in a record breaker who won multiple NCs. However, the original premise states that you can only count the times when there was an established starter and you can't count the one time he needed a QB and hit a home run.

The original premise is that if you land a job that already has an established QB that is somehow proof that you can't recruit. The premise is so flawed it's laughable.

I understand those who doubt. There is no evidence that Mac can recruit his own QB. However, this is not evidence that he can't recruit QBs. The flaw in the original premise is simple to see."

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
Every word and 90% of it is the same BS, day after day.......
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

T-Rex - "Disagree? If so, why?"

Try reading this.... you obviously didn't...

"I know that most people fall victim to confirmation bias, but I honestly don't see how people can't see the flaw in the OP.

ThreatMatrix covered most of it, but it bears repeating.

McElwain was at Fresno State for a single season. One. When McElwain arrived in Fresno returning starting QB Brandstater was a junior. Brandstater was drafted by the Denver Broncos in the 6th round.

McElwain was at Alabama for 4 seasons. In his second season at Alabama McElwain brought in A.J. McCarron. McCarron was good enough to grab the starting job and take the Tide to two national championships. McCarron became the first QB to ever win back to back BCS National Championships, broke the school record for TD passes in a season and passing yards in a season and became Alabama's all time passing yards leader.

At Colorado State McElwain inherited sophomore Garrett Grayson. In the three seasons Mac was at CSU Grayson threw for 8,648 yards with 62 TDs and 21 INTs. Grayson was drafted by the New Orleans Saints in the third round.

In his second year at Florida Mac signed the 5th ranked pro style QB.

Mac coached a QB that was drafted by the Broncos, a QB that won 2 NCs and was drafted by Cincinnati and a QB that was drafted by the Saints. Then he came to the Gators and there was zero depth at the QB position so he brought in the 5th ranked QB in the nation.

So everywhere Mac has gone he inherited a starting QB that has excelled in Mac's system and been drafted by the NFL and somehow that shows that Mac can't recruit. Except for that one time he did need a QB and he brought in a record breaker who won multiple NCs. However, the original premise states that you can only count the times when there was an established starter and you can't count the one time he needed a QB and hit a home run.

The original premise is that if you land a job that already has an established QB that is somehow proof that you can't recruit. The premise is so flawed it's laughable.

I understand those who doubt. There is no evidence that Mac can recruit his own QB. However, this is not evidence that he can't recruit QBs. The flaw in the original premise is simple to see."

Quoting 2222, the Minister of Propaganda is pretty funny. That guy has swallowed Mac's sword permanently. Hell, he might even be Mac.

I quoted my post because I am anxious to see what this season brings. It's mostly Mac's guys and he won't have that great D to lean on anymore(through his own poor recruiting). This year is it. Come strong or don't come at all.

This is the year the QB whisperer finally whispers, right?

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member

and yet, this board keeps growing...

:nole:

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
the need to invent goblins that aren't there, like with the meaning of no practice news
I think you're misunderstanding that one. The convo is based around the fact that the only news that's come out is more of the same stuff we've heard for months. Trask struggles mentally with being the guy and cant take seem to take a hold of a leadership position and be the guy, and while Franks is a good leader, he cant hit water from a boat. THAT is what is bothering people. The fact that there's no new news indicating anything otherwise, no news of improvement, just more of the same stuff we knew about for quite some time now.

Pumpers are always complaining about how everyone exaggerates things negatively, but then do the exact same things.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator