This may explain why Mac has trouble landing elite QBs

Gator98MD

Lifetime Member
Sep 16, 2014
Guys, guys, we can't expect either of the two qbs to produce until their sophomore or junior seasons. So it's not fair to expect too much from them this year. I know this because I read it here

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
Yes! We agree he had the most potential. But he didnt light up the SEC.
He had a decent arm, not the best by any means. He may not have lite up the SEC but he didn't have a whole lot to work with either...That line was garbage, we had a feeble running attack, no backs that knew how to pass block, and one D1 level WR....He at least had a pocket presence, could hit a receiver in stride and the nuts to run for it if given daylight. In other words he was at least 3x better than anything we've seen here at that position in about 7 years.

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
No on has argued his talent, we don't know if he is a head case or not. But he was marginalized by the two best pass defenses he faced, Kentucky (benched after 13-22 125 1 int 0 td) 24th ranked pass defense and Missouri (20-33 208 0 int 0 td) 8th pass defense. Neither game were impressive. It not like he had a Redshirt Freshman start like Wuerfell (better competition) or Grossman (better competition). Dude got benched against ECU and Kentucky. Was he better than Harris or LDR, yep... no one has argued that. Was he dependable, and did he throw passes against those lower teams that would have been picks by LSU, FSU, and Michigan without a doubt. He is an athletically gifted kid, whose head wasn't on straight. Does that mean we have completely $hit the bed because he isn't here, don't know. Would he be God's gift to quarterbacking as you continually suggest, doubt it.
He wasn't benched Dougie.....That was Butters and Nuss trying to keep the Stoned Oompa Loompa engaged in the offense because they couldn't tell the difference between a punt returner and a QB....

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Grier had a ton of potential. He wasn't breaking records but there was hope. It was ridiculously stupid to to run him off. I don't care how much cocaine he was doing or how big a dick his was, Mac gets paid 3.5 mil a year. He should be able to put up with a little shcit if it gets the job done. We coddle these coaches too much. Apparently, even the bad ones.

gatormandan

Are we back yet?
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2014
Grier had a ton of potential. He wasn't breaking records but there was hope. It was ridiculously stupid to to run him off. I don't care how much cocaine he was doing or how big a dick his was, Mac gets paid 3.5 mil a year. He should be able to put up with a little shcit if it gets the job done. We coddle these coaches too much. Apparently, even the bad ones.

Please, post one ounce of proof that Mac "ran him off". Grier was a spoiled brat that didnt get his way after he screwed us so he moved on. He is a punk ass druggie. Bye bye.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
He wasn't benched Dougie.....That was Butters and Nuss trying to keep the Stoned Oompa Loompa engaged in the offense because they couldn't tell the difference between a punt returner and a QB....

So I guess the three previous series Harris was in (2 missed field goals and a Herndon fumble) wasn't keeping Harris involved? I guess Grier having 6 of his 8 drives end in a punt (5 3 and outs) or interception had nothing to do with it? I mean ECU is a defensive beast (65th overall and 69th agaisnt the pass). He did lead two of the offensive scoring drives (Tabor Int and Harris drives other two TDs).

But with the way you speak, the lowly ECU and Nuss's play calling shouldn't have been enough to overcome for the great Grier. Nuss is a $hit playcaller, and Butters is discorganized as hell... But that doesn't mean that Grier's only mistake is that we didn't hang on to him. You like to pretend Grier had nothing to do with is own demise and that if he were here we would have back to back national titles.

Last edited:

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Please, post one ounce of proof that Mac "ran him off". Grier was a spoiled brat that didnt get his way after he screwed us so he moved on. He is a punk ass druggie. Bye bye.
Him coming out and saying mac told him he should transfer isn't proof enough?

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Him coming out and saying mac told him he should transfer isn't proof enough?

T-gator, do you believe Grier's whole story. Both Butters and Grier are selling a story that best fits their narrative and the truth is somewhere in between. Grier says that Butters told him to transfer, but not what was said or talked about before that (kinda leaves that vague). Butter is a dick, no questioning that and Grier is a giant douche. Neither has been completely honest over the situation.

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
Butters ran him off in favor of Ol Noodlearm.....Noodlearm's daddy will give Butters a soft spot to land....see how that works?

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
So I guess the three previous series Harris was in (2 missed field goals and a Herndon fumble) wasn't keeping Harris involved? I guess Grier having 6 of his 8 drives end in a punt (5 3 and outs) or interception had nothing to do with it? I mean ECU is a defensive beast (65th overall and 69th agaisnt the pass). He did lead two of the offensive scoring drives (Tabor Int and Harris drives other two TDs).

But with the way you speak, the lowly ECU and Nuss's play calling shouldn't have been enough to overcome for the great Grier. Nuss is a $hit playcaller, and Butters is discorganized as hell... But that doesn't mean that Grier's only mistake is that we didn't hang on to him. You like to pretend Grier had nothing to do with is own demise and that if he were here we would have back to back national titles.
It wouldn't mattered if Joe Montana was our QB that year....The offense was going to have flat spots. Plain and simple Grier made more happen around here in his half season than any other QB....End of argument.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Then why would he say it? He stayed committed to UF through 3 OC's and 2 HC's.

I guess in your opinion that is the same as sitting through a year suspension and the media of Gainesville and fans bad talking you for a year. As opposed to being commited, then when on campus having two different OC's and HC's. Being sold as the great white hope, until you are suspended. Easier to sit when you are the hope, than the goat.

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
Plain and simple, Butters does not know true talent at the QB position....Name me any great QB that he has ever recruited or coached in all of his time being a coach....I'll be waiting.

gatormandan

Are we back yet?
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2014
You can say Mac ran Grier off I guess if you think about what likely went down....Grier takes illegal substance and gets caught. Ncaa suspends him for a year. Mac says I will help you any way I can. Spoiled brat and daddy says we want you to guarantee us that Will is the starter when his suspension is up. Mac says he cant do that and that makes perfect sense. No coach can see into the future and should never allow a parent to dictate his program. So Mac says we will just have to wait and see when the time comes. Drugboy and drugdad say if you dont promise, I transfer. Mac says I will help you in any way I can....end of story. Drugboy screws the university and ruins his career in the SEC. Only one person to blame. Drugboy.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
It wouldn't mattered if Joe Montana was our QB that year....The offense was going to have flat spots. Plain and simple Grier made more happen around here in his half season than any other QB....End of argument.

Changing your argument again.... not surprised. What exactly did he do, beat a up and down Ole Miss team. Let Butch Jones keep us in the game, and took advantage of prevent defense (by a great play by Callaway). If he was so great against Tennessee, why were we down 27-14 with 5:00 left in the game. Before the two final touch downs, how good way Grier? Final stats were 23-42 2td 1 int 8 drives ending in a punt (none more than 8 plays), one in interception, 1 in end of half, one touched (30 yard drive after Dobbs fumble), and one touchdown (70 yard drive 55 of it being Taylor). So he was lighting Tennesse on fire too, right?

How is your boy Chad, do you like your new coaching job?

Last edited:

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Plain and simple, Butters does not know true talent at the QB position....Name me any great QB that he has ever recruited or coached in all of his time being a coach....I'll be waiting.

AJ McCarron was pretty good, and has been a decent pro... played well in the games he has started.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.