This Thread Sucks! (Just like Orlando)

cover2

Founding Member
I've grown old
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Only day of my life (not counting my wedding and related days) that was better than moving away from Orlando was moving away from Birmingham. Orlando just sucks out loud.
Amen! Was up in Birmingham for baseball this past weekend and the traffic was the absolute worst. Every time we got on 65, it was like coming out of the pit in a NASCAR race. Didn't help that many of the native motorists were pulling boats, trailers with ATV's, or such and wearing coon skin caps.

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Amen! Was up in Birmingham for baseball this past weekend and the traffic was the absolute worst. Every time we got on 65, it was like coming out of the pit in a NASCAR race. Didn't help that many of the native motorists were pulling boats, trailers with ATV's, or such and wearing coon skin caps.
Reminds me of a joke I just heard the other day.

What do you call a virgin in Alabama? An only child.

-THE DUDE-

Founding Member
This is the year!!!
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Al big city traffic sucks but Orlando pales in comparison to LA, Houston, DC/Baltimore, New York, etc....

Gatordiddy

Member in good standing
Lifetime Member
Jul 23, 2014
Reminds me of a joke I just heard the other day.

What do you call a virgin in Alabama? An only child.

2737c3e879f12c25c3fb79434c2fa46b.jpg

Gatordiddy

Member in good standing
Lifetime Member
Jul 23, 2014
Al big city traffic sucks but Orlando pales in comparison to LA, Houston, DC/Baltimore, New York, etc....

This^

Living and working around the DC beltway has solidified all of my heretofore preconceived stereotypes about bad drivers (care to take a guess as to who a few might be?)
They (insert your typical one here) are the usual suspects that slow everything down.
I've gotten to the point where I'm about 98% accurate as to the gender and ethnicity when I am finally able to get past them while they are distracted at 10-15 mph below the speed limit.

We'll just leave it at that.

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
DC traffic is the stuff nightmares are made of. But to their credit, they pretty much have the best public transit system anywhere, so there's that.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Atalanta traffic is great. I find excellent parking spots on I-285 almost everyday.

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
Oh boy don't let URG see this.....:alone:
I've lived in the Orlando area for 48 years and can confirm without a doubt....it sucks badly. The traffic isn't the only thing either. Wasn't always so bad 15-20 years ago and longer. Most of the people who live here now are rude classless *******s or complete sh!tball scumbags.....I rarely let any of my family leave our house unless I'm with them. There are carjackings, robbery's, hit and runs, shootings.....you name it, it's here and a lot of it spills over into traffic. Just last Saturday while coming home in the middle of the afternoon we witnessed a bad case of road rage where 2 cars actually started ramming each other and this was the second such incident I've personally witnessed in the last 3 month's.

If you are ever involved in a traffic incident here make sure and get a police report. My Mother in law and our company were just served papers by some scumbag that is trying to sue over a very, very minor traffic incident 4 YEARS AGO....The guy cut in front of her pulling into his drive way from a 3 way stop and she rolled forward at about 2-3mph. There was such minimal damage the police told them to just exchange insurance info and never filled out a report. He had his vehicle fixed by our insurance company, but now is trying to get a suit claiming permanent loss of income, pain and suffering, medical expense and about 10 other things. Total BS an he lives less than a half mile from our house.....

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Ox's Former Favorite Poster
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Oh boy don't let URG see this.....:alone:
I've lived in the Orlando area for 48 years and can confirm without a doubt....it sucks badly. The traffic isn't the only thing either. Wasn't always so bad 15-20 years ago and longer. Most of the people who live here now are rude classless *******s or complete sh!tball scumbags.....I rarely let any of my family leave our house unless I'm with them. There are carjackings, robbery's, hit and runs, shootings.....you name it, it's here and a lot of it spills over into traffic. Just last Saturday while coming home in the middle of the afternoon we witnessed a bad case of road rage where 2 cars actually started ramming each other and this was the second such incident I've personally witnessed in the last 3 month's.

If you are ever involved in a traffic incident here make sure and get a police report. My Mother in law and our company were just served papers by some scumbag that is trying to sue over a very, very minor traffic incident 4 YEARS AGO....The guy cut in front of her pulling into his drive way from a 3 way stop and she rolled forward at about 2-3mph. There was such minimal damage the police told them to just exchange insurance info and never filled out a report. He had his vehicle fixed by our insurance company, but now is trying to get a suit claiming permanent loss of income, pain and suffering, medical expense and about 10 other things. Total BS an he lives less than a half mile from our house.....
Every city has bad areas, you literally live in one of the worst areas of the city. That's your choice.
I have a different opinion of Orlando, because unlike others, I know that there are more roads than I-4 and the 408 :lol:
I also live in a part of town that wasn't built prior to world war II. You choose to live there, sorry about your life choices. We've told you where to move to, but no, you choose to continue living in literally the worst part of Orlando, don't complain to me..own your mistakes.

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
Every city has bad areas, you literally live in one of the worst areas of the city. That's your choice.
I have a different opinion of Orlando, because unlike others, I know that there are more roads than I-4 and the 408 :lol:
I also live in a part of town that wasn't built prior to world war II. You choose to live there, sorry about your life choices. We've told you where to move to, but no, you choose to continue living in literally the worst part of Orlando, don't complain to me..own your mistakes.
So if I'm in such a sh!tty part of town in a $1 million plus lakefront home tell me how the rest of the city is so much better???

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
So if I'm in such a sh!tty part of town in a $1 million plus lakefront home tell me how the rest of the city is so much better???
You overpaid to live in a shiity part of town
:raysgirl:

Those old areas, particularly the one you live in, has the streets, sometimes on lakes, with expensive houses, only to have a couple of streets over, low (or lower) income type houses.
Fact is, you live in a high crime area. It is what it is, sorry that you choose to live there. Where you are has some of the worst infrastructure because it's such an old area, built around the time of McCoy Air Force Base being built there, now OIA, in 1940. Metropolitan Orlando was less than 400,000 people back then maybe less than 300,000. Today Orlando is pushing 2 million people for the same area.
So yea, perhaps you should consider another spot. Or you can stay in the worst part of town and continue bitching about it...pretty sure we already know which you'll choose ;)

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
You overpaid to live in a shiity part of town
:raysgirl:

Those old areas, particularly the one you live in, has the streets, sometimes on lakes, with expensive houses, only to have a couple of streets over, low (or lower) income type houses.
Fact is, you live in a high crime area. It is what it is, sorry that you choose to live there. Where you are has some of the worst infrastructure because it's such an old area, built around the time of McCoy Air Force Base being built there, now OIA, in 1940. Metropolitan Orlando was less than 400,000 people back then maybe less than 300,000. Today Orlando is pushing 2 million people for the same area.
So yea, perhaps you should consider another spot. Or you can stay in the worst part of town and continue *****ing about it...pretty sure we already know which you'll choose ;)
URG I own commercial and residential property in both Orange and Seminole Counties and Orange County sucks balls and Orlando in particular. Yes, we have to live close to Downtown because we have a 30 year established business located there.....I not going to move out to Groveland or whatever area you think is so great....it all sucks and once the properties and business is sold we'll be gone from this crime ridden, turd of a town....but you can choose to stay and swing from Buddy Dyer's nuts if that's what suits you....

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
URG I own commercial and residential property in both Orange and Seminole Counties and Orange County sucks balls and Orlando in particular. Yes, we have to live close to Downtown because we have a 30 year established business located there.....I not going to move out to Groveland or whatever area you think is so great....it all sucks and once the properties and business is sold we'll be gone from this crime ridden, turd of a town....but you can choose to stay and swing from Buddy Dyer's nuts if that's what suits you....
Groveland? That's not even Orlando, hell that's west of Clermont.
Really, Orange county sucks compared to Seminole? Seminole has good schools pretty much throughout, but they are a geographically small county, but the entire thing is just about as dense, if not more so, than Orlando area.

Gotha, Windermere, hell the portion of Winter Garden that is near Windermere, all great areas to live, less crime, better infrastructure because it's newer, and still accessible to downtown, probably almost as quickly as you get there now, considering the traffic you face. From where I live, I can be driving down Orange Av in less than 20 mins, without using toll roads.
I've been all around where you live, it's terrible. There is some interesting older architecture, but screw that.

Your part of town is crime ridden, that's what I've been trying to tell you, not every place is like your part of town bro.

Besides, we too will one day leave this place, not because of Orlando itself though, but rather what the state and area we would like to go has to offer.

You choose to live in a shiity area, just accept that fact :lol:

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
Groveland? That's not even Orlando, hell that's west of Clermont.

Gotha, Windermere, hell the portion of Winter Garden that is near Windermere, all great areas to live, less crime, better infrastructure because it's newer, and still accessible to downtown, probably almost as quickly as you get there now, considering the traffic you face. From where I live, I can be driving down Orange Av in less than 20 mins, without using toll roads.
I've been all around where you live, it's terrible. There is some interesting older architecture, but screw that.

Your part of town is crime ridden, that's what I've been trying to tell you, not every place is like your part of town bro.

Besides, we too will one day leave this place, not because of Orlando itself though, but rather what the state and area we would like to go has to offer.

You choose to live in a shiity area, just accept that fact :lol:
You're just like a rat that has become conditioned to living in a sewer and eating turds.....you think because there are plenty of turds floating in the sewer that life is grand......Well the realty is it stinks and taste bad and if you live there too long it becomes toxic....I've lived In Winter Park, Longwood , Lake Mary, Altamonte, College Park Oviedo and currently in Belle Isle which pretty much covers the entire area and yes 20 years ago most all of them were nice....Now they all suck and so does anywhere west of those areas.....Seriously though, are you related to Buddy Dyer, or hold a position of the tourism council?

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I've lived In Winter Park, Longwood , Lake Mary, Altamonte, College Park Oviedo and currently in Belle Isle which pretty much covers the entire area
So you've lived in the most dense, oldest, heaviest traffic areas in the metropolitan area, but never west of Orlando where I suggested you'd have less issues. Got it.
Belle Isle is literally the worst part of the town, period.

You're just like a rat that has become conditioned to living in a sewer and eating turds.....you think because there are plenty of turds floating in the sewer that life is grand......Well the realty is it stinks and taste bad and if you live there too long it becomes toxic....
Nah man, you're just like the old man that gets pissed because the neighbors dog steps foot on your lawn. You'll always find a reason to have a shiity attitude. You'll find a reason to have a shiity attitude no matter where you go.

Now they all suck and so does anywhere west of those areas.
You've never lived there, how would you know?

Seriously though, are you related to Buddy Dyer, or hold a position of the tourism council?
Nah, I'm just not easily agitated like you are. But I guess you need ridiculous comments like this in order to justify your poor life choices.
Have a good night crete...try not to get shot living in the shiitist part of town :byebye:

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
I guess you're right. When I lived in College Park I accidently made a wrong turn and ended up in your neck of the woods.....swore I would never go west again.
upload_2016-7-23_21-2-43.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.