This year's offense compared to last year after 4 games

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
[QUOTE='78;n69723]Better question is, why are we talking about serious quarterback and receiver deficiencies in year No. 4 of this project? [/QUOTE]

It is what it is, and until or unless Muschamp is gone we will probably be talking about it for a while.

G8RNGA

Founding Member
Jun 20, 2014
Founding Member
Defenses don't fear JD throwing the ball beyond 10 yards. It will be interesting to see how LSU plays defense against TH knowing he may be the starter. If TH can connect on a ball or two beyond 10 yards and against a weaker LSU defensive secondary that we've seen in a while, I think we win.

deuce

Founding Member
"Cry 'Havoc!', and let slip the dogs of war."
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I would point out that we didn't get to play the first cup-cake game. It we had these numbers for 2014 would be considerably higher, IMHO

As often stated, numbers don't mean crap.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
deuce coupe;n69752 said:
I would point out that we didn't get to play the first cup-cake game. It we had these numbers for 2014 would be considerably higher, IMHO

As often stated, numbers don't mean crap.

True but we only had one lesser opponent in the first 4 last year also with playing Miami.

Circle City Gator

Founding Member
BANNED
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Treon is not going to turn us into an unbeatable team, but he will make us a lot better this year, and next year. This year, because (a) he seems to have the necessary equipment between the ears to read a defense and run through a progression, (b) a fast running quarterback is better than a strong running quarterback unless the strong running quarterback is a Tim Tebow freak of nature, (c) he throws catchable ball, and (d) the team wants to play for him. For next year, it is clear that another year of Driskell will just make the same Driskell next year, rather than a Driskell a year better. The game has already "slowed down" more for a true freshman in his first extended action than it has for Driskell, so think what he might be after a full season.

CaribGator

Founding Member
Snappy for Nappy
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
[QUOTE='78;n69703]

That's good to hear. He potentially brings two good things into the huddle: an ability to make plays that Driskel never possessed as well as (even more important) an air about him that makes his teammates believe. Everyone just wants to win. It doesn't matter who makes it happen, just that it does. [/QUOTE]

This is what Treon brings more than anything. We've seen JD's ceiling (it's about waist high), Treon led & won his HS school team to championships at some the highest level in HS football, he knows & shows leadership. And he's a winner!

Floridagator

Founding Member
Jun 20, 2014
Founding Member
Phineus Maximus;n69687 said:
This has plenty to do with Chris as the WR coach. I am not so sure he's qualified for that position.

F our QB got the pass close and if our WRs caught balls near them, we don't even have this conversation. Leak is definitely not the problem

Floridagator

Founding Member
Jun 20, 2014
Founding Member
It only takes simple things to win games.execution of those things is another story. Ill say it again, every game left is up for grabs in my opinion. I believe the WRs will step up. They can no longer blame Jeff. Step up or find another major.

LadyGator74

Sep 21, 2014
[QUOTE='78;n69723]Better question is, why are we talking about serious quarterback and receiver deficiencies in year No. 4 of this project? [/QUOTE]

THIS. Last season, much was overlooked because of the inordinate number of injuries. What is the big issue this year that explains all the deficiencies? I think I know, and yesterday just like the Alabama game before and the Kentucky game prior to that pointed to the same answer that yesterday's game did. There is simply too much talent on this team to be struggling in year 4 of this head coach at the helm.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Captain Sasquatch;n69845 said:
Still removing stats to fit your agenda, eh?
Even you can't defend the Driskel offense this season.

Coach9

Sunshine Spreader
Sep 5, 2014
I think the passing game will be tweaked to what Harris throws well. I think a lot of the horizontal game will diminish. You don't want Harris throwing hitches from the far hash. Hopefully they throw a lot of man coverage at Harris because that will play to his passing strength. He's better at throwing run away type routes than the stop routes that seem to dominate most of JD's throws.

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
oxrageous;n69846 said:
Even you can't defend the Driskel offense this season.

Where was I defending him? Fever has been omitting stats from the OT every time he's said anything about this season. It's idiotic. It happened during the game, they gained the yards and scored the points, they count. Do we take away a player's points in basketball if they're scored during OT? No. Do we take away the 80 yards Tebow got on the OT touchdown pass against the Steelers in the playoffs? No. It happened during the game, it counts.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Captain Sasquatch;n69845 said:
Still removing stats to fit your agenda, eh?

lol - You are full of it as usual - No I am leaving KY OT stats out because its not regulation time and you start at the 25 as far as scoring - it wouldn't be a fair comparison. Maybe we should get a 7 OT game to really jack the offensive stats up and claim how great the scoring is. It would be basically the same yardage wise each year with the 70 OT yards thrown in but that isn't a true fair comparison.

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Gator Fever;n69852 said:
lol - You are full of it as usual - No I am leaving KY OT stats out because its not regulation time and you start at the 25 as far as scoring - it wouldn't be a fair comparison. Maybe we should get a 7 OT game to really jack the offensive stats up and claim how great the scoring is. It would be basically the same yardage wise each year with the 70 OT yards thrown in but that isn't a true fair comparison.

Technically speaking, when you start at the 25 (red zone), your offense has less room to work with and it's actually MORE difficult to move the ball and score. I think the OT stats are completely valid to use as part of the season's stats.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
NavetG8r;n69868 said:
Technically speaking, when you start at the 25 (red zone), your offense has less room to work with and it's actually MORE difficult to move the ball and score. I think the OT stats are completely valid to use as part of the season's stats.

Are you telling me that if we looked at teams that started at the 25 of the opposing team that they would score less points on average than a team that started on their own 40 ? I know you are kidding however.

Coach9

Sunshine Spreader
Sep 5, 2014
Your chances of scoring inside the Redzone are exponentially lower if you run the Mildcat on 1st down. This has been proven.

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Gator Fever;n69872 said:
Are you telling me that if we looked at teams that started at the 25 of the opposing team that they would score less points on average than a team that started on their own 40 ? I know you are kidding however.

No, I'm simply stating that red zone yards are widely known to be the toughest yards to get. Excluding them from a team's stats, even in OT, is ridiculous.

RocketCityGator

In All Kinds of Weather
Lifetime Member
Aug 31, 2014
NavetG8r;n69868 said:

In regulation, I'll take the defense handing the offense the ball on the opponent's 25 every time.

RocketCityGator

In All Kinds of Weather
Lifetime Member
Aug 31, 2014
oxrageous;n69692 said:
Gotta agree. No doubt he provided a spark, but he also nearly threw a pick-six. I think we need to temper our expectations a bit on him. Even if the coaching staff starts him this week (which is still very much up in the air), will they actually let him throw the ball? We could have more grinding, conservative crap.

Exactly! I don't trust Muschamp to start Harris and if he does, I expect him to play conservatively.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    fishermb