This year's team is a success if:

Gatorraid81

Lifetime Member
Dec 4, 2016
If so UF once again hired the wrong guy. With the talent on this roster a good to very good coach should win at a minimum 10 games. To not win 10 games means that UF hired a guy that:

A. Lost to Charleston Southern or
B. Lost to UK for the first time in forever or
C. Lost to CO State. or
D. Lost at Miss State which if UF has UF standards should not happen and has a worse roster than UF and a new inexperienced coach or
E. Lost at UTn which was a bigger dumpster fire than UF last year or
F. Lost to Ed Orgeron or
G. Lost at Vandy which has a worse roster than UF or
H. Lost to Missouri which has a worse roster than UF or
I. Lost to SoCar which has a worse roster than UF and a coach UF fired or
J. Lost to Idaho

Heck one of those could happen and UF could beat FSU with a new coach or UF might beat UGa. So while 10 wins with the other things I mentioned will be a successful season, depending on how things unfold not all concern with this hire is likely to go away in one season.

Doubt I could knock Mullen for losing to Miss St this year, besides the fact that they are probably more talented than us, or as talented. They’re at home, a place we’ve just struggled at. Hell, Spurrier twice took more talented Florida teams in there and lost handily both times. Not to mention they’ll be jacked up to beat their former coach.

Gatorraid81

Lifetime Member
Dec 4, 2016
Averaged 30 in 2014 (Muschamp's last year) and over 25 all but one of his years (2013 averaged 20).
Butters never broke 24.

Good god those pathetic offenses actually averaged over 25 per game, hard to believe. I was just wondering why being under 25 per game scoring offense was listed as a reason for successful season. Figured surely it was a typo.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Top 8 recruiting class at minimum and we go 8-4 at least with Jones replacing Franks before the season ends.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
If we had facilities that were not being classified by recruits as, and I'm quoting here, "section 8 housing" I think more of us would be expect top 5 classes. We were about 10 years behind the curve when Meyer was here. In the time since we got the IDPF and....? What has happened since here since Meyer? Meanwhile...

https://www.usatoday.com/story/spor...all-facility-hatfield-dowlin-complex/2606223/

https://www.greenvilleonline.com/st...otball-center-just-time-signing-day/97274716/

https://rolltide.com/galleries/?gallery=1117

http://www.ohiostatebuckeyes.com/facilities/woody-hayes-center.html

If you don't think this should put a ceiling on our expectations until we decide to start competing in the arms race, I can't help you. The completion of the football complex will help, but it is a starting point not the end of the road if we want to really be competitive for the attention of 18 year-olds. UF is 20 years behind this, at least.

Muschamp brought in some good classes with that problem and even some high rated offensive players who didn't work out. I know it has to be taken care of but if Mullen doesn't pull at least a top 8 or so class he just isn't a good recruiter. Mac was a terrible recruiter.

5-Star Finger

Apex predator of the political forum biome
Lifetime Member
Nov 16, 2017
Muschamp brought in some good classes with that problem and even some high rated offensive players who didn't work out. I know it has to be taken care of but if Mullen doesn't pull at least a top 8 or so class he just isn't a good recruiter. Mac was a terrible recruiter.

I think we still should pull top 10. We've been stuck in reverse not just in facilities but in performance for the better part of these recruits lives. WM had kids that were still thinking of Tebow and Harvin. Our recruits this year were 9 the last time we were really relevant. Our brand is damaged and when you slather our facilities on top of that, I'm willing to cut him some slack. He's going to have to do more with less at first I think, while we play catch up in the arms race. If we start winning, I think we'll still be able to attract recruits while we wait.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I think we still should pull top 10. We've been stuck in reverse not just in facilities but in performance for the better part of these recruits lives. WM had kids that were still thinking of Tebow and Harvin. Our recruits this year were 9 the last time we were really relevant. Our brand is damaged and when you slather our facilities on top of that, I'm willing to cut him some slack. He's going to have to do more with less at first I think, while we play catch up in the arms race. If we start winning, I think we'll still be able to attract recruits while we wait.

The kids we are going to be recruiting at most will be 8 the last time we won a national title, the last time we had a 3000 yard passer. Will have been at most 2 the last time we had a 1000 yard receiver.

InstiGATOR1

Lifetime Member
Mar 27, 2016
This team and season is a success IF ALL of the following happens:

1. UF wins 10+ games.

2. UF's scoring offense goes up by at least 7 points per game.

3. UF's total offense goes up to at least 400 yards per game.

4. UF's scoring defense is under 25 points per game.

I think if the items 2 and 3 happen, then item 1 will not be a mirage this time. Item 4 would mean UF has not traded an unbalanced reliance on defense for an unbalanced reliance on offense.

Caloosahatchee

I voted for Law!
Sep 12, 2014
L
Ummmmm, NO!

OurProgramIsBroken said,

Translating the symbol that means

"Franks throws greater than 10 ints."

Or as MathIsFun.com says:

https://www.mathsisfun.com/equal-less-greater.html

Umm, again. You need to look at a legitimate source. In the end no big deal, but the symbol can be drawn either way. Big end points to the larger number. That is all that matters. But not trying to be mathematically correct to the point it's a pissing contest, because I'm right anyway. Lol. I was just trying to help ya out

GR8 2B

A Florida Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2016
This is so so funny. When you are winning, you follow recruiting but you don't live and die by it unless you think your coaches are not very good and can only get by with vastly superior talent. When you are winning, winning is what matters and recruiting follows from that. UAL, Ohio State and now UGa fans care about winning games not recruiting rankings. Heck if anyone knows that winning recruiting is not the same as winning games it is UGa fans who for decades have had highly ranked recruiting and indifferent results on the field.

The idea that anyone would take a topic that says "This years team is a success if...." and interject recruiting into it is mind boggling. This team will only indirectly influence recruiting by their results on the field. Other than that this team can have no affect on recruiting and thus CAN be a success based ONLY on their record, offensive development and player development.
I'd give this a B+, easily.

InstiGATOR1

Lifetime Member
Mar 27, 2016
L

Umm, again. You need to look at a legitimate source. In the end no big deal, but the symbol can be drawn either way. Big end points to the larger number. That is all that matters. But not trying to be mathematically correct to the point it's a pissing contest, because I'm right anyway. Lol. I was just trying to help ya out

The issue was and remains what does:

1. Franks throws >10 ints

mean in English. As you said and I translated, the open side is toward the larger number or the point is towards the smaller number. Again in English what OurProgramIsBroken said was, "Franks throws" greater than "10 ints" That is Franks throws is a larger number, ie the open side than 10 ints. Or if you like the point is toward the smaller number so 10 ints is smaller than the number Franks throws. If OurProgramIsBroken wanted to say Franks throws less than 10 ints, he should have written it Franks throws < 10 ints?

If this is somehow wrong, help me out. I certainly do want to go around misusing the greater than, ie > and less than, ie < symbols. Explain to me if the open side is toward the larger number and the point is toward the smaller number how Franks throws > 10 ints can mean anything other than what I said?

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
It’s a success if I don’t end up hating myself for sitting through a full game

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads