Those who were in attendance last night, please post!

LadyGator74

Sep 21, 2014
Would enjoy reading your impressions of the crowd response and your take on what you saw on the field firsthand. Thanks!

G8RNGA

Founding Member
Jun 20, 2014
Founding Member
I thought the crowd was noisy, although not at the same pitch of past years when you walk away with your ears ringing as if you just sat through an AC/DC concert. Once again the sunshine seats failed to show and were half empty. The crowd was very much into the game and wanted so badly to rally behind this team, these players. I saw a defense that played its heart out and made a few mistakes, but nothing that a good offense in support couldn't aid. I saw an offense that had one good drive and at one time was 2-11 on 3rd down. I saw Demarcus Robinson storm off the field and frustrated that his QB held on to the ball before releasing it to him when he had 8 yards of separation on the DB, only to have to slow down for a floater that fell flat and was nearly intercepted. If not for Dubose, I feel the score would have been much different - he saved us by running back one for a TD and another for 40 yards. Yet, with all the defensive and special team efforts, the offense was mediocre at best with only a glimmer of hope on occasion.

OllieGator

Founding Member
Member....huh, huh, huh
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
The fans were awesome. Very high level of intensity throughout all of the roller coaster emotions.

What I saw was very unimaginative play calling interspersed with JD actually making a play. Receivers dropping balls, DE converted to TE dropping a ball and the D not getting off the field in crucial times.

I loved being back at Florida Field, especially with my son. Enjoyed the game but getting way too used to losing.

bradgator2

Founding Member
Rioting
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
It was an electric crowd. Very loud. Very positive really until the 4th quarter. Several stadium-wide boos came out when Driskel ran it up the middle for no gain. I think we were frustrated with the play calling and confused why the running backs were not being used. Nearly the entire crowd stayed to the end. It was stunned silence walking out. No bitching, no complaining.... Just silence.

G8RNGA

Founding Member
Jun 20, 2014
Founding Member
bradgator2;77774 said:
It was an electric crowd. Very loud. Very positive really until the 4th quarter. Several stadium-wide boos came out when Driskel ran it up the middle for no gain. I think we were frustrated with the play calling and confused why the running backs were not being used. Nearly the entire crowd stayed to the end. It was stunned silence walking out. No bitching, no complaining.... Just silence.
I didn't think about it much, but you are so right about the crowd. There wasn't one word said by anyone until I had crossed the street and I heard a college age girl asking her boyfriend why and how we just lost. She was stunned and disappointed like the rest of us, but the only person talking. It wasn't even that loud!

Gatorphan

Founding Member
Clown Sniper
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I was in student section. It was rowdy and loud. We had a blast despite the painful loss. Last year I became numb, this one hurt. I can't believe CWM going to go down with JD. He has the slimmest of hopes to save his job if Harris can spark this bunch. Although it's going to be hard to stop teams that run well or have balance. The Gators are snakebitten right now.

Bernardo de la Paz

Founding Member
Florida Victorious Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Agree with all of the above. It wasn't 97 UF vs FSU loud, but it was plenty loud with absolute pandemonium on the Debose returns. There were some 'Free Treon' chants early in the game and some boos on some bad passes and the QB runs that got stuffed at the line. There was also a 'Let's go Driskel' chant on the last drive.

The stadium environment has been much maligned recently on this board, but I think we just need something to cheer about.

jaywalker72

Founding Member
Current Status: Dumper
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I'll post tomorrow because I'm too tired and butt-sore from the experience but I'll say the fans left it all out there and gave this team their best.

spook

Founding Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
It was typical for a night game in the swamp.

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
It was an electric night in the Swamp. The fans brought their "A" game and it was a loud game. It was one of the most perplexing games I have watched. It was hard not to hear the BOOS coming from when Driskel ran up the gut, again and no gain. It was another display of poor coaching and Driskeling. It was consistently inconsistent. Up, down, back, and forth. Loved being at the Swamp and love it. Wished the result was different but that's what we have in a HBC. Nothing is changing anytime soon unfortunately. Agreed on the crowd. Very, very quiet. That was the silence to me that spoke volumes.

Gator87

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Bernardo de la Paz;n77805 said:
Agree with all of the above. It wasn't 97 UF vs FSU loud, but it was plenty loud with absolute pandemonium on the Debose returns. There were some 'Free Treon' chants early in the game and some boos on some bad passes and the QB runs that got stuffed at the line. There was also a 'Let's go Driskel' chant on the last drive.

The stadium environment has been much maligned recently on this board, but I think if we just need something to cheer about.

Next week they should chant Please go Driskel and take Willie with you.

Bernardo de la Paz

Founding Member
Florida Victorious Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
One more comment. With both off these teams having down years, the pregame campus environment was almost completely devoid of the usual smack talking and rowdy behavior that occurs when we pay LSU. That was disappointing.

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
I still have to post my thoughts on the game, and I might not have a chance to until tomorrow or maybe even later in the week (busy few days coming up), but the stadium was LOUD last night. A couple times I just had to look around and smile, it's such a great place to see a football game.

But yeah, heartbreaking and frustrating loss to say the least. I'll have more to say on that later. Go Gators.

NVGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Captain Sasquatch;n78058 said:
I still have to post my thoughts on the game, and I might not have a chance to until tomorrow or maybe even later in the week (busy few days coming up), but the stadium was LOUD last night. A couple times I just had to look around and smile, it's such a great place to see a football game.

But yeah, heartbreaking and frustrating loss to say the least. I'll have more to say on that later. Go Gators.

No need to stress yourself out about posting your post-game thoughts. We all have a good idea about how you will spin it in favor of your favorite coach and QB. I'm sure you walked away with a new reason to support this dumpster fire.

Pump on Bro. :lol:

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
NVGator;n78059 said:
No need to stress yourself out about posting your post-game thoughts. We all have a good idea about how you will spin it in favor of your favorite coach and QB. I'm sure you walked away with a new reason to support this dumpster fire.

Pump on Bro. :lol:

:jerkit:

jaywalker72

Founding Member
Current Status: Dumper
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
My ears were ringing after the game -- it was very loud on the alumni side and we were relentless with the pre snap hollering.

It's a pain not getting replays of some controversial plays during the game because it looked like we were getting hosed on the holding/interference penalties.

Regardless of what is said in the Nation, all of us were behind Driskel and continued to urge him on -- there were some boos on a couple of plays, but paled in comparison to the fans trying to will this team to victory.

None of us could figure out what was going on with Kelvin Taylor. I see some of you saying he hasn't cut it, but he was the best the team had after Jones got hurt last year and he hasn't been pitiful this season, and pitiful is what the running game was Saturday night. He should have had more attempts with Jones clearly hurt.

Always said that one of the most underrated things about Tim Tebow was the assuredness we would score when inside the 5. Even with Spurrier, when we would get tackled on a long play inside the five, there was no confidence we'd score. Since Tebow, we're back to that sort of tongue in cheek statement of fact when a play like Robinson's comes up just short of a TD.

There were ladies behind us ripping the players and Muschamp for not coming together on the field for a quick version of Kumbaya after Pittman went down. Calling players entitled and Muschamp uncaring like they were was some serious projecting going on there. Talk about looking for something to complain about. Plenty to take issue with this team so there's no need to be an amateur mind-reader or body language expert to get your personal opinion about athletes and this coaching staff expressed.

The fans were into it all the way, but the interception was the stomach punch and there was little doubt the kicker, who was crushing in warmups from longer than that kick and the wind blowing with him, was going to convert that kick.

I may have yelled, "suck it LSU" as they ran onto the field after the kick was good. Maybe.

It's better when we're walking out a winner, obviously, but it felt better walking with the Gator family, silent marching as we were, than if I'd had to experience that loss in my living room. It's truly great to be a Florida Gator.

Swamp Queen

Founding Member
Mrs. Sasquatch
BANNED
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
jaywalker72;n78754 said:
My ears were ringing after the game -- it was very loud on the alumni side and we were relentless with the pre snap hollering.

It's a pain not getting replays of some controversial plays during the game because it looked like we were getting hosed on the holding/interference penalties.

Regardless of what is said in the Nation, all of us were behind Driskel and continued to urge him on -- there were some boos on a couple of plays, but paled in comparison to the fans trying to will this team to victory.

None of us could figure out what was going on with Kelvin Taylor. I see some of you saying he hasn't cut it, but he was the best the team had after Jones got hurt last year and he hasn't been pitiful this season, and pitiful is what the running game was Saturday night. He should have had more attempts with Jones clearly hurt.

Always said that one of the most underrated things about Tim Tebow was the assuredness we would score when inside the 5. Even with Spurrier, when we would get tackled on a long play inside the five, there was no confidence we'd score. Since Tebow, we're back to that sort of tongue in cheek statement of fact when a play like Robinson's comes up just short of a TD.

There were ladies behind us ripping the players and Muschamp for not coming together on the field for a quick version of Kumbaya after Pittman went down. Calling players entitled and Muschamp uncaring like they were was some serious projecting going on there. Talk about looking for something to complain about. Plenty to take issue with this team so there's no need to be an amateur mind-reader or body language expert to get your personal opinion about athletes and this coaching staff expressed.

The fans were into it all the way, but the interception was the stomach punch and there was little doubt the kicker, who was crushing in warmups from longer than that kick and the wind blowing with him, was going to convert that kick.

I may have yelled, "suck it LSU" as they ran onto the field after the kick was good. Maybe.

It's better when we're walking out a winner, obviously, but it felt better walking with the Gator family, silent marching as we were, than if I'd had to experience that loss in my living room. It's truly great to be a Florida Gator.

I can agree with all of this.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator