Thoughts before the Tenn Game

G

Founding Member
Founding Member
Dear Board,
As I write this I reflect on how different it was talking about the game under SOS and Meyer, alot more fun, even the Zooker did alright vs Tenn as I recall, He won 1 or 2 didn t he?
Augsburg is beautiful this time of the year, warm, and filled with trees of different colors standing by rivers where 1,000 old churches and buildings sit. Best of all,is Market week starting by the old city wall next fri. Where as the hawkers sell there wares I think I know what life in the Middle Ages was like here.
Sorry for the digression, I find I need to slide gently into discussions of Fla Football these days. Kinda like talking about a crazy old aunt in the attic, or a black sheep family member in Jail. Not much fun to discuss. If I had my way I d invite most of you to a good Irish Pub and go to the back room and after a little liquid courage fortified me it would be easier to talk, but I must try.
My first thought is Chimp will coach scared, run the ball, let Driskel throw it at most 4 or 5 times, and prey Defense and special teams can eak out a 14-10, 17-13 or 21 17 kind of win.. I don t think Tenn will play along. I believe they will play bombs away kind of football, and it could be over by the 1st half. I ll wonder who we get back heaalthy that is injured? If they put 8-9 men in the box can UF run on that? Could they last year?
Enough of my discouragement, if anyone has other thoughts about this I hope you ll answer me, a glass of cyber Balwinnie Portwood 21yr old, or Glenfarcus 16, or Old Pulteney cast strength await you.
Later Friends
Bayergator

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
In before the Alvie bloviation. If you don't know Alvie Dork on this board, you're in for a real treat. I'll get back to you on your post. Hang in there my friend. Things are not all as they should in the GatorNation. But I still believe there is hope. Lets just say cautiously optimisitic but not at all happy with the HBC and QB.

lagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 9, 2014
William Donald Garrett;n64244 said:
let Driskel throw it at most 4 or 5 times,
What? You think we will have 4 or 5 passing attempts in the game? Drugs are legal there I assume.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
If we beat UT, it will be a rude awakening for UT - that, in itself, a rude awakening for UF.

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
That was impossible to read, but if we're going to compare head coaches' records against UT, Muschamp hasn't lost to them. Neither did Meyer.

AugustaGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
We have G2's avatar to look at! Those are my thoughts....

BNAG8R

Founding Member
I don’t care
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
I just realized that I booked a 3 hr flight leaving at 12:10PM Saturday ..... I wonder if that was my subconscious mind making that reservation.

kepler

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 16, 2014
Founding Member
Somewhere in there I think you pretty well nailed it.

TallyGator

Founding Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
My thoughts before this game? I will watch...can't get excited about the prospect of seeing the same thing from the same coach using the same quarterback, again. The results of the game will speak itself.

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Fix the mental errors in the secondary and we should be fine on the defensive side of the ball. Start letting their receivers run free like UGA and it could be a long day. Most importantly, get pressure on Justin Worley!!!

Their defense didn't do anything to impress me, we should be able to run it down their throats. Maybe Driskel can channel his 2012 performance at Neyland and chuck the ball around a bit.

G 2

Founding Member
Gator Great
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Captain Sasquatch;n64439 said:
Fix the mental errors in the secondary and we should be fine on the defensive side of the ball. Start letting their receivers run free like UGA and it could be a long day. Most importantly, get pressure on Justin Worley!!!

Their defense didn't do anything to impress me, we should be able to run it down their throats. Maybe Driskel can channel his 2012 performance at Neyland and chuck the ball around a bit.

Pretty much nailed it.

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member

Yep sounds like exactly what we need to do. Also think if JD starts Driskeling that WM is going to have to get the kahunas to put in TH to see if we can get a spark.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014

Yeah, pretty much my take as well. I do think the secondary problems are blown coverages, not truly poor play. Hopefully the extra week was used to clean up that mental part of the game. I think Jones and/or Taylor are the difference here. If they can run effectively and(::throwupinmymouth:) slow the game down, we should be ok. Also think STs favor us and could be a big factor.

One thing that keeps me positive about this game is the mental advantage we've gained in this series over the past 9 years. Half that time we were only mediocre and yet our average MOV is probably 2TDs or more. Similar to our stranglehold on uga, I think we enter expecting to win, while many of their players--whether they'll admit or not--are waiting to see how we pull it off this time. Brantley was 2-0, Murphy won big in his first outing, Driskel lit them up in 2012. Several of their fans on Rivals are taking the "believe it when I see it" approach, and I have to thinks that permeates the fans and players as well. As bad as we've been, we still own them.

Turk182

Founding Member
Just don't care anymore
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
I'm not feeling real confident right now but I think we will play better than against Bama simply because UT isn't anywhere near as good as Bama is.

I'm predicting a win, probably a high scoring affair and whoever wins the turn over battle wins the game.

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
soflagator;n64445 said:
Yeah, pretty much my take as well. I do think the secondary problems are blown coverages, not truly poor play. Hopefully the extra week was used to clean up that mental part of the game. I think Jones and/or Taylor are the difference here. If they can run effectively and(::throwupinmymouth:) slow the game down, we should be ok. Also think STs favor us and could be a big factor.

Our secondary has proven they can make plays on the ball when they stick to the coverage. I mean, UK got a couple 50/50 balls and Amari snagged that one over VH3, but for the most part, the secondary has done a great job defending passes.

I still love how well the defense has forced turnovers this year, too. They've forced 12 so far in 3 games, and that's extremely promising compared to the 18 they forced all of last season. UT turned the ball over 3 times against OU and 2 times against UGA, so I'm betting we can get 2 or 3 ourselves, if not more.

Edit: To further the point about turnovers, our defense forced 10 of its 18 turnovers in the first 5 games last season, when we went 4-1. Then during the 7 game losing streak they managed to force only 8 total. As much deserved hate as the offense gets for the losing streak, the defense wasn't exactly helping out much, either.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I just don't understand why we stayed in that zone most of the game. One thing muschamp has always done is go man. I didn't understand why he didn't try to make simms throw in tight windows. I Kentucky got a few 50/50 balls but why change your identity? Why stay with something that's not working?

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator