Thoughts before the Tenn Game

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
t-gator;n64489 said:
I just don't understand why we stayed in that zone most of the game. One thing muschamp has always done is go man. I didn't understand why he didn't try to make simms throw in tight windows. I Kentucky got a few 50/50 balls but why change your identity? Why stay with something that's not working?

You start playing lots of man, they start running the ball down our throats. It's a tough call when you have to face an offense as balanced as Bama's.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Captain Sasquatch;n64490 said:
You start playing lots of man, they start running the ball down our throats. It's a tough call when you have to face an offense as balanced as Bama's.

agreed. It's very tough when you have those big backs running through that o line. It just seems like they dictated what we was going to do before the game started. I expect a close one this Saturday.

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
Agreed the best thing we have going for us is the mental advantage.
However, although I wouldn't be surprised if we won by 14 I wouldn't be surprised if we lost by 14 either.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
threatmatrix;n64526 said:
Agreed the best thing we have going for us is the mental advantage.
However, although I wouldn't be surprised if we won by 14 I wouldn't be surprised if we lost by 14 either.
Yea I agree I could see this game shaking out in a lot of different ways

ntcrze

Founding Member
Banned
Banned
Jun 23, 2014
Founding Member
It seems, contrary to popular opinion at the time, that Cody Riggs transferring was a big deal and that he didn't do so because he was worried about losing his starting job to any of the clowns UF has. Besides Hargreaves, does UF have anybody that can cover anybody?
Does anyone know if Tennessee is getting their injured receiver(s) back this week? How things have changed in a year. Justin Worley may be the best quarterback in the SEC East. The quarterbacks in the East are nothing to write home about. Hutson Mason is awful. All you need to do to beat Georgia is stop the run, easier said than done with Gurley and company.
The Gators have a mathematical possibility to beat Tennessee. More than that, you would think. With this crackerjack staff, and Driskel, having an extra week to prepare, Tennessee shouldn't stand a chance. Florida is a one point favorite. But last year showed that Vegas constantly overestimated how good Florida was. Don't fret though, Will Muschamp still said that Florida was a 'very good" team AFTER the Alabama game.
I hope it's a good game, regardless, last year's game was put college football back a hundred years. It was one of the most pathetic displays ever put on by both teams. Usually only one team is utterly hopeless, both were last year. It'll also be the burst blood vessel bowl. With Butch Jones and Will Muschamp, maybe it should be a contest, not on the field, but who first has spittle coming out of their mouth loses. If Muschamp remains clam, it's probably a sign that Tennessee is winning easily and he's resigned to his fate.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I'm a little hesitant to watch the game. Nervous. I just don't feel good about it. Treon would bring about a sense of hope. A sense of excitement. The idea of Driskel getting unfettered slack just makes me ill.

Jax Gator

Founding Member
Swamp Thing
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
We need a spark or this season is going south fast. I don't want a repeat of last year.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I would like our chances better if brisset pop Sanders and Cody Riggs hadn't transferred

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator