Thoughts from the trip to Mizzou

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member

... they actually had to close down 3 dorms ... and greatly downsize the groundskeeping crew.

ChiefGator

A Chief and a Gator, Master of the Ignore list!!!!
Lifetime Member
Nov 9, 2015
Despite chferg's defensive post, I will thank you for sharing. One of my thoughts is to someday travel to all the SEC stadiums with the wife, so we'll put this one well down on the list of places to go.

Perhaps, however, it would make sense to start 'away game' threads talking about where to go and what to do in town for those weekends for anyone who travels to a game? Sounds like chferg might have a different set of options for travellers. I can say I loved going to Columbia, SC (though beating them down to nothing in their home was a strong plus). I have been to the hedges, but it wasn't a game day. All stadiums are a bit of a hike now that we live in PA. Maybe one day we can travel, though.

Great idea on having a thread for each city and stadium we might go to.

Vandy is probably the best, the town has a lot of things to do, and there is usually a lot of Gators there. Not to mention we usually win.

I have been to several stadiums without a game and some to the game.

Experiences vary, I went with a package to KY, hotel, tickets, bus, sit in Gator section. Had some issues with it.

Been to UT without a game, not too impressed.

stephenPE

Lifetime Member
Jul 20, 2014
Oh **** off about the being in the middle of no where.
well it may not be the middle of nowhere but I hear you can see it from there..............;) sorry but Im not going to swampgas........

Gatormac2112

The Voice of Reason
Lifetime Member
Sep 7, 2014
George-Costanza-Eating-Popcorn.gif

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
I did say the people were nice

I went to all 4 SEC games in G'ville and paid a total of 60 bucks outside stadium on game day. You do the math. Crummy product equals empty seats. Come to a game here. Pretty soon our crowd will look like a scrotUM home game (Plenty of people dressed up as empty seats).

Windy City Gator

Banned
BANNED
Oct 26, 2017
I went to all 4 SEC games in G'ville and paid a total of 60 bucks outside stadium on game day. You do the math. Crummy product equals empty seats. Come to a game here. Pretty soon our crowd will look like a scrotUM home game (Plenty of people dressed up as empty seats).

I live in Chicago now for the past six plus years....when I bought the tickets, I was brainwashed into thinking this team would be good! Remember, we were going to kick down the door at the SEC Championship game. I will not the mistake again....buy outside the stadium!

I RARELY get back to Florida. Family in SoFla and will make that trip as infrequently as possible. When I go on vacation it is always out of the country. I prefer going to places I have never been before and/or are out of my comfort zone from a cultural standpoint or a cuisine.

After I retire, my bucket list is to rent an RV for four months and attend every home and away game and live in the RV. That is about 15 years away. I will choose the year they DON"T play at Mizzou. Nice people though.

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
I live in Chicago now for the past six plus years....when I bought the tickets, I was brainwashed into thinking this team would be good! Remember, we were going to kick down the door at the SEC Championship game. I will not the mistake again....buy outside the stadium!

I RARELY get back to Florida. Family in SoFla and will make that trip as infrequently as possible. When I go on vacation it is always out of the country. I prefer going to places I have never been before and/or are out of my comfort zone from a cultural standpoint or a cuisine.

After I retire, my bucket list is to rent an RV for four months and attend every home and away game and live in the RV. That is about 15 years away. I will choose the year they DON"T play at Mizzou. Nice people though.

Enjoy it there. I lived in Chicago for 11 years after I graduated UF, but then went to south FL to warm up from all those winters. Perhaps one of these days you can escape the snow. When I was there we had quite a good # of people that went to UF alumni events there.

Windy City Gator

Banned
BANNED
Oct 26, 2017
Enjoy it there. I lived in Chicago for 11 years after I graduated UF, but then went to south FL to warm up from all those winters. Perhaps one of these days you can escape the snow. When I was there we had quite a good # of people that went to UF alumni events there.

I really do like Chicago. The winters are LONG...I don't mind the cold nor the snow. What I hate is the 35 degrees with wind and rain when walking the dog. I am lucky to have a condo on Lake Shore Drive that faces east, so I have a view of the lake. BREATHTAKING!!! And I live 15-minute walk from Wrigley. Nothing better than walking to the Friendly Confines for a baseball game or concert. Saw Petty this summer!

The food here is simply amazing, whether it is a dive to get Italian Beef (Mr. Beef) or a steak (Chicago Cut), this place has EVERYTHING! I do not like how mismanaged the city is from a political standpoint...neither Rep nor Dem here...it is just mismanaged which costs us in the end. Hell, they had a tax on soda or as the ppl here say, Pop. That didnt go over well, and it was repealed. Anyway, great city. I miss going to Gator games. But there is more to life than Gator games..blasphemy, I know.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator