Thoughts from the trip to Mizzou

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
No offense, but I dont even like driving thru Chicago.

It still smells like @Bammer there.

Since65

Oct 5, 2014

They generally have a pretty loyal fan base, even when they're lousy. I find them to be far less obnoxious than the UT fans at Neyland.

Bojangles will sell a lot of chicken for those Noon kickoff games. We were at the 2015 game and it seemed 2 out of every 3 parked cars had the big tailgate box perched on the roof.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I live in Chicago now for the past six plus years....when I bought the tickets, I was brainwashed into thinking this team would be good! Remember, we were going to kick down the door at the SEC Championship game. I will not the mistake again....buy outside the stadium!

I RARELY get back to Florida. Family in SoFla and will make that trip as infrequently as possible. When I go on vacation it is always out of the country. I prefer going to places I have never been before and/or are out of my comfort zone from a cultural standpoint or a cuisine.

After I retire, my bucket list is to rent an RV for four months and attend every home and away game and live in the RV. That is about 15 years away. I will choose the year they DON"T play at Mizzou. Nice people though.

Remember when you couldn’t buy a ticket outside the stadium for under $50? If it was FSU or Tennessee you were paying $150 plus.

Windy City Gator

Banned
BANNED
Oct 26, 2017
I remember the 97 Tennessee game was the first game I paid over $50.00......got to see the sexual harasser go oh for four....good times

SavannahGator

Founding Member
Behind Enemy Lines
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Great idea on having a thread for each city and stadium we might go to.

Vandy is probably the best, the town has a lot of things to do, and there is usually a lot of Gators there. Not to mention we usually win.

I have been to several stadiums without a game and some to the game.

Experiences vary, I went with a package to KY, hotel, tickets, bus, sit in Gator section. Had some issues with it.

Been to UT without a game, not too impressed.

We don't play in Athens (other than the '95 game), but I've been there 2x on game day (yes, younger son earned double major there - here in GA, that 4-letter word is the HOPE Scholarship, which Scott kept for ALL FOUR YEARS), and while I hate to say it, Athens has to be the prettiest college town in the SEC (been to Auburn, Knoxville, Columbia SC, and Nashville for games, so no, I haven't been everywhere). I'm just glad I have no reason to go back (he graduated in 2010). All that red and black is enough to make a Gator sick - it's bad enough with them #1 living here in Savannah!:eek3:

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator