The Original DC

Founding Member
Postradamus
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Concrete Helmet said:
The Original DC;n44504 said:
Deandre Goolsby, I would imagine his reps start increasing dramatically in practice. Also, I remember hearing/reading a lot about Joyer and Matt Jones cross training at the TE position during fall camp. But if Tray Burton continues to play well, that may not be necessary.

I think you're right about Goolsby. Burton won't be effective when we need a downfield or mid range option from the TE position. Goolsby is also excellent with the ball in his hands after the catch.
Goolsby is talented. The Spring game and moments in fall practice showed that. I think he needs to learn to become a complete player, and quick.

jereed16

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
11 different guys caught passes yesterday. No wonder they like this offense. Defenses are going to have to cover the entire field.

G8RNGA

Founding Member
Jun 20, 2014
Founding Member
jereed16 said:
11 different guys caught passes yesterday. No wonder they like this offense. Defenses are going to have to cover the entire field.
This and our RB rotation should help our opponents respect this offense if we can keep it up. KY and AL games will really tell us a lot about this team.

G 2

Founding Member
Gator Great
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
jereed16 said:
Seems like we're finally going to have offensive talent that is going to produce.

stephenPE

Lifetime Member
Jul 20, 2014
I am encouraged. I think the offense has changed for the better. How will it do under pressure from a good defense? Lots of talented young guys out there. Coaching will make the difference. The nighmare may be over (fingers crossed)

Jenny On The Railroad

Founding Member
Jun 16, 2014
Founding Member
jereed16 said:
but..but...is this fair? How will the opponents' defenses know who to target each play?

Coach9

Sunshine Spreader
Sep 5, 2014
Good to see us beating bad teams like they should be beaten. Passing game was a little to horizontal for my liking. But I guess a steady diet of that opens up the inside running game. Question for those at the game. Curious if we were running any vertical routes in the seams. Seemed like every vertical shot we took was deep and usually down the sideline. Think I remember some camp reports that the Freshman QBs seem to like throwing these seam routes better.
Looks like Robinson is the YAC receiver. Not sure if EMU was good at tackling in space, but the other guys didn't seem to be able to make the first guy miss.
All in all a real nice start. The only thing that resembled last year was Mary Tyler Moore letting his guy go right in while looking for someone else to double team.

8802Gator

Founding Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
It was nice to see a very good offensive performance for the first time in years. They dominated a team they should have and did it with a huge chunk of the offense m.i.a. I dont remember Driskel keeping on one read option. When they let him start running this offense will gain another huge element. The deep balls were a welcomed sight. The rb's had to enjoy running into boxes with less than 10 defenders in it. I have heard some people complain about all the wr screens, but the defenders were playing off and Roper did exactly what he has been talking about all off-season: Taking what the defense gives him. Neiron ball answered wether or not he will be a factor in pass rush when Fowler is getting doubled. He had a great game. Feel bad for McGee. Was really looking forward to watching him this year. Maybe he will rs and come back. The biggest concern is going to be pass blocking. Way too many whiffs against these guys.

On a funny side note Duke Dawson's mom was sitting behind me in the stands. She just about tackled me when he took back that pick six. Then she called all her FSU friends and started talking ****.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
8802Gator said:
It was nice to see a very good offensive performance for the first time in years. They dominated a team they should have and did it with a huge chunk of the offense m.i.a. I dont remember Driskel keeping on one read option. When they let him start running this offense will gain another huge element. The deep balls were a welcomed sight. The rb's had to enjoy running into boxes with less than 10 defenders in it. I have heard some people complain about all the wr screens, but the defenders were playing off and Roper did exactly what he has been talking about all off-season: Taking what the defense gives him. Neiron ball answered wether or not he will be a factor in pass rush when Fowler is getting doubled. He had a great game. Feel bad for McGee. Was really looking forward to watching him this year. Maybe he will rs and come back. The biggest concern is going to be pass blocking. Way too many whiffs against these guys.

On a funny side note Duke Dawson's mom was sitting behind me in the stands. She just about tackled me when he took back that pick six. Then she called all her FSU friends and started talking ****.
I love Duke Dawson and his mother already!

Born2beagator

Lifetime Member
Aug 30, 2014
8802Gator said:

Sign Dawson's mom to the cheer squad

GatorJB

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
GatorStud said:
GatorJB;n44199 said:
Defense was great and will keep us in every game this year. The pass rush seemed to be improved from last year, and the young players got a lot playing time and still shut them out. Couldn't ask for a better performance on that side of the ball. Offensively, obviously the major improvements are encouraging, but there is still room for improvement. I thought the run game was good but inconsistent. Too many runs for little gain. The O-line is still adjusting to the new zone scheme I think. I loved the willingness to throw the ball, even with Harris in. Shows that they wanted to send a message, and they did. Just wish some of those field goals were touchdowns. This might sound crazy, but I don't think they opened up the playbook as much as it seems. It seemed obvious to me that they wanted Driskel to run as little as possible, and if I remember correctly, there were many common plays from Duke and even the spring game that weren't run in this one. I think we'll see more of the playbook next week and even more at Bama. Anyone know why Adam Lane didn't play? His absence was disappointing.

Losing McGee is big I think. The guy is a pretty proven TE from another D1. Figured him to have some clutch, break their back moments for us. Everyone says he blended into Orange and Blue well. Anyway, here's to a positive slope toward stardom Gators. We have weapons. Go Gators!
Losing McGee sucks, but I don't think his absence is going to hurt the offense too much, especially since Burton is a completely different player. Hopefully McGee can come back next year and make a difference then.

8802Gator

Founding Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
8802Gator said:

She was hilarious. Definitely a proud momma. Marcell Harris is her nephew as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.