Ticket Sales Down Considerably

How many rushing yards with UF have in Week 1?

• 299 or less

Votes: 72 66.7%
  • 300 or more

Votes: 36 33.3%

• Total voters

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Dabo Swinney, 2010
Bobby Bowden, 1974 & 1976
Jimbo Fisher, 2017
Jim Harbaugh, 2007 & 2008
Mike Bellotti, 1984, 1987, 1988, 1996, 2004
Mack Brown, 1985, 1986, 1988, 1989, 2010
Les Miles, 2001
Jimmy Johnson, 1980, 1982
Mike Gundy, 2005

Scott Frost, 2016
Matt Campbell, 2016
Dino Babers, 2016 & 2017
About have of those guys aren't in the same zip code as a top coach.

Theologator

Enchanter
Lifetime Member
Aug 11, 2015
Pretty sad that 4,000 student tickets didn't sell. Pathetic really. It's been my observations over the years that college kids are pretty freakin' boring these days. I mean really dull. It's not like they are doing anything special on Saturdays other than sitting around their apartments or houses. They aren't even watching the games on TV. They just don't seem to care about football. Which is their prerogative of course, but it's got to be a disturbing trend for the game itself.

Good news: my kids are all into it and go to games.

Bad news: they are UCF students & grads. (And Gator fans, too.)

Theologator

Enchanter
Lifetime Member
Aug 11, 2015
About have of those guys aren't in the same zip code as a top coach.

True - but he only asked for one. 3 were oft-mentioned darlings of the search last fall. Several I wouldn’t call great but won NC’s and Bellotti set Kelly up. Mack Brown lucked out with Vince Young but he sure won a lot of games and a NC.

SaltGator

Founding Member
Midline
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
On 1010 talk radio out of Jax this morning, they were talking about this and what a bad place Shark Humper left us in. Prosser actually called him “Butters” on the air:D. It was pretty awesome.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
On 1010 talk radio out of Jax this morning, they were talking about this and what a bad place Shark Humper left us in. Prosser actually called him “Butters” on the air:D. It was pretty awesome.
3 years too late

Omar's Coming Yo!

Gator til the grave
BANNED
Oct 6, 2016
The problem is do you want to spend thousands on season tickets with a crappy home schedule along with the expenses and time it takes to go to the game? Or you and a bunch of friends can sit around the 75 inch tv and enjoy the game with food and drinks that don't cost an arm and a leg? Imo that's why attendance is down in college. Now next years schedule is definitely worth the $. US playing miami, fsu, aub, UGA and LSU should be the norm.

Omar's Coming Yo!

Gator til the grave
BANNED
Oct 6, 2016
When you've sat through 8 seasons of poor offense, which is partly what brings in fans, it will hurt. Two losing seasons in 5 years also hurts. The sad thing is the University and their complicit media (Fooley, Crucial, etc.) will have you believe it's mostly TV's, air conditioning, and a lack of WiFi. That's bull****. Factor? Maybe, but no where near the level you'll hear some talk about it.

Example, Atlanta United of MLS who started play last year, averages over 50k a game (At least one 70k attendance). They were doing that at the beginning of last season at Bobby Dodd stadium that has not of that. Then they move halfway through the season and it did get bigger. Why? An exciting offensive style of play that wins games and makes the playoffs. I have not talked to one ATL fan who decided not to go to Bobby Dodd, but go to Mercedes-Benz for A/C and wifi. If that team sucked and didn't play excited offense, I am sold that no one would go, 10-20k max.

Point is, Stricklin, Fuchs, anyone else, you want ticket sales to increase? Stop increasing your prices while giving an awful product and trying to tell fans its gold. You have to show us that your Ford Pinto doesn't explode when it is rear-ended anymore. Show them why they want to come, then they will come. Do amenities help? Yes. Although, I don't think anyone is making the decision to drive to the Swamp from Tampa, Orlando, Jax, etc. based on Wifi. No, as a partner at the firm told me, "I stopped going because I didn't want to watch the awful offense anymore"
Agree completely .

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
That term was coined on this board. I’d have to hear him say that to believe the story.

Theologator

Enchanter
Lifetime Member
Aug 11, 2015

Last year’s disaster almost beat LSU. I think I’d wait until at least the Ky game to see if the new regime is making headway. Two weeks shouldn’t make a difference cost wise.

But, then again, $3k to you is like a nice dinner out. So why not?

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.