Tiger is Back! Leading at British Open

Zambo

Founding Member
Poo Flinger
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
The loft and length of today’s 5 iron is about what a 3 iron used to be I think. Manufacturers have been slowly tweaking this for years in the war for distance.

-THE DUDE-

Founding Member
This is the year!!!
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
The loft and length of today’s 5 iron is about what a 3 iron used to be I think. Manufacturers have been slowly tweaking this for years in the war for distance.
I bought a new set of irons about 6 yards ago after having my old set for about 15 and could tell a difference in that. Lower ball flight and all my distances changed. The shafts are considerably longer...i should have had them fitted but oh well

itsgr82bag8r

Founding Member
Tell your mom I said hi
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
iron-lofts-over-time.jpg

GatorBart

Founding Member
:bandit:
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I was a +5 at one point. I still carry a one iron, and I have the same confidence in hitting it solid as any other club in my bag, ZERO! I just don’t play enough anymore. Haven’t played a round in nearly two years, though we get to the range fairly often as it’s just a two minute drive and I can have a beer while me and the boy spray balls around the range.

Great White Buffalo

Lifetime Member
Dec 7, 2017
All I can say is I can't wait to turn 50 in about 6 months. It'll be nice having an excuse to play from the white tees instead of the blues. As it is now, my 10 year old beats me at least half the time.

itsgr82bag8r

Founding Member
Tell your mom I said hi
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Speaking of 1-irons, Lee Trevino famously stated: "If you're caught on a course during a storm and are afraid of lightning, hold up a 1-iron. Not even God can't hit a 1-iron."

For those of you, like me, who've "enjoyed" the use of that club, you can relate!

:lol:

-THE DUDE-

Founding Member
This is the year!!!
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Falling apart now. 6 way tie for the lead...amazing final round so far

Swamp Queen

Founding Member
Mrs. Sasquatch
BANNED
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Guy that got hit by Tiger's shot yesterday was taking a video.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
Not a big Tiger fan but having the lead that late in the final round at the British Open is damn impressive. He melted down once he got there. I don't think he has the stamina he used too.

CaribGator

Founding Member
Snappy for Nappy
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
It appeared for a while that the adulterous gods had smiled upon their favorite golfer again, alas, he must only be diddling one lady.

A few months back he got close to a lead and melted worse. His play of recent was good and you could see the confidence there. The Tiger if old would have slayed them on the final round, this was his best shot of getting another major. The meltdown will probably get in his head, now he will have to deal with doubts about his body and mind.

CGgater

Gainesville Native
Lifetime Member
Jul 30, 2014
Not a big Tiger fan but choking in epic fashion that late in the final round at the British Open is damn impressive.

FIFY.

Maybe if his nickname was “Gator” I’d care a bit more.

Honestly, my hate is just jealousy. He broke all kinds of rules with his aggressive swing and yet hit it long and straight. And he got himself OUT of trouble so well, it was annoying. Since I can’t do better than an 87, he can kiss my butt.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.