Tiger Woods arrested

GatorInGeorgia

Lifetime Member
Aug 25, 2014
Because if it can't, then that opens him up to questions over why he refused.

And the correct answer from the defendant's standpoint when testifying at trial or when releasing a PR statement to save endorsement $$$ is "attempting to disprove the results of an inherently flawed test didn't seem fair to me".

A good defense lawyer would either get him off completely or at worst, plea it down to a lesser charge, say reckless driving.

GatorInGeorgia

Lifetime Member
Aug 25, 2014
Got the Thelma Lou look goin' on there.

article-1233559-077AD753000005DC-876_468x573.jpg

She absolutely looks like a 3 hole girl!

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I honestly think he gets something of an adrenalin rush being out whoring around under the influence and avoiding getting caught. I'd be willing to bet he's probably had 10-15 near misses, maybe more, on 0.08.
Well, it was a LONG time ago, and things were different in the 80s, but 10-15 near misses was a bad month for me.

I'm sure I wasn't the only one.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Yeah but if you refuse it, you're automatically guilty anyway. :lol:

I'd be a lot more likely to believe the painkiller story if he hadn't been pulled over at 3 in the morning.
Painkiller doesn't really help the DUI defense anyway.

GatorInGeorgia

Lifetime Member
Aug 25, 2014
Made curious by your comment, I spent about a half-hour perusing the net for comments about Woods and PEDs. The consensus from the people around him seems to be that he didn't us them. Even if he did, I discount the notion that PEDs were the primary reason for Woods' physical breakdown. His violent swing is what took the biggest toll on his body.

07-30-15-tiger-twirl-18.gif

Here '78, try this link. You'll find plenty more, too, if you just google Anthony Galea.

https://www.google.com/amp/amp.time...-galea-76k-14-visits-new-book-says?source=dam

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
What was he booked for? DUI or DWI?

GatorInGeorgia

Lifetime Member
Aug 25, 2014
What was he booked for? DUI or DWI?

DUI. I don't believe Florida has DWI anymore. I think they did away with that 25-30 years ago. DUI serves as a catch all for booze, drugs, etc. DWI was specific to being intoxicated.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
DUI. I don't believe Florida has DWI anymore. I think they did away with that 25-30 years ago. DUI serves as a catch all for booze, drugs, etc. DWI was specific to being intoxicated.

Yep I don't think FL has that. Oklahoma had a DWI and DUI charge and the DWI charge was just for driving from a .05 to .07 level I believe and the penalties were a lot less than a .08 or more DUI. I think drugs fell under a DUI there. In FL I think you can technically get a DUI for any level of alcohol if your "normal faculties" are affected but at .08 or higher you are considered by law to be DUI. I think the actual jury instructions are that from .04 or less you have an assumption that your normal faculties aren't impaired and from .05 to .07 there is to be no assumption either way. Usually the state will drop those under .08 cases in FL if you get a lawyer unless you caused an accident that injured others or something like that.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
http://nypost.com/2017/05/29/tiger-woods-arrested-for-dui-in-florida/

He was heading southbound — in the opposite direction of his $83 million waterfront home and his restaurant The Woods, local reports said.

The 14-time major champion, who was the world’s No. 1 golfer longer than anyone else, was driving a 2015 Mercedes-Benz “erratically, all over the road” when he was stopped, law-enforcement sources told TMZ.

Woods grew “arrogant” during the stop and refused to take a Breathalyzer test, which is grounds for an automatic arrest.

The site also reported that his reps repeatedly called the Jupiter Police Department to find out if the cop was wearing a body camera.

http://www.tmz.com/2017/05/29/tiger-woods-busted-for-dui/

5:00 PM PT -- Tiger just released a statement ... "I understand the severity of what I did and I take full responsibility for my actions. I want the public to know that alcohol was not involved. What happened was an unexpected reaction to prescribed medications. I didn't realize the mix of medications affected me so strongly."

Woods goes on ... "I would like to apologize with all my heart to my family, friends, and the fans. I expect more from myself, too. I will do everything in my power to ensure this never happens again.

I fully cooperated with law enforcement, and I would like to personally thank the representatives of the Jupiter Police Dept. and the Palm Beach County Sheriff's Office for their professionalism."

1:00 PM PT -- We've learned Tiger's girlfriend, Kristin Smith, learned about the arrest while shopping at a Neiman Marcus store in Dallas. Someone called her and, according to several eyewitnesses, "she went crazy" and said "I knew it, I knew it." We're told she began crying, then bought $5k worth of merchandise and left.
--------------------------------------------------------------

I would think the police car had a dash cam at least. If he did act really arrogant they are probably hoping it wasn't caught on tape.

Last edited:

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
The only friend he has left is the bottle...His wife left him and his body deserted him, why not snuggle up to some 80 proof comfort. It's scary how many drunks are on the road.

He has a new GF that was stopped at the airport for having 200k in cash on her recently. I think they gave it back finally when she showed Tiger gave the cash to her. It sounds crazy to be giving a GF 200k in cash however.

gatormandan

Are we back yet?
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2014
He has a new GF that was stopped at the airport for having 200k in cash on her recently. I think they gave it back finally when she showed Tiger gave the cash to her. It sounds crazy to be giving a GF 200k in cash however.

With his wealth? Thats a 20 dollar bill to him.

ufgator812

Founding Member
Duke of Marlborough
Lifetime Member
Jun 20, 2014
Founding Member

Pussy is a hell of a drug.

Alumni Guy

Lifetime Member
Nov 7, 2015
And the correct answer from the defendant's standpoint when testifying at trial or when releasing a PR statement to save endorsement $$$ is "attempting to disprove the results of an inherently flawed test didn't seem fair to me".

A good defense lawyer would either get him off completely or at worst, plea it down to a lesser charge, say reckless driving.

Actually, Tigers statement will be used against him at trial. He pretty much screwed himself with that statement. If he voluntarily took those meds, and they made him untoxicated, he's guilty. It doesn't matter if it hit him harder than intended.

Involuntary intoxication is only a defense If someone "slips you a Cosby".

NVGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
ESPN said:
The police had to wake up Tiger Woods when they approached his running vehicle prior to arresting him on a DUI charge early Monday morning, according to the police report.

According to the report, the officer said Woods "had extremely slow and slurred speech" and struggled with several roadside tasks. The report noted that the golfer changed his story about where he was going and where he was coming from.

Woods told police he was taking several prescriptions, including two painkillers. Police said Woods was "cooperative as much as possible" and that he agreed to take a breath test and a urine test. He blew a 0.00 in the breath test.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Tiger wont lose his license even administratively if he gets the charge reduced in court since he didnt blow a .08. I think that is the case anyway.

Sleeping at the wheel and having pain med metabolites in a urine sample will make it hard to get the charge reduced however.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.