Tim Tebow - Single A Columbia, SC

Gatordiddy

Member in good standing
Lifetime Member
Jul 23, 2014
Not sure if this should be merged with the Epic Fail thread but I don't think it should.
Tim gets picked up for a season:

Tim Tebow will begin his professional baseball journey in 2017 with the New York Mets' Class A team in Columbia, South Carolina.

The 2007 Heisman Trophy winner was told Monday that he will be assigned to the Columbia Fireflies, the Mets' affiliate in the South Atlantic League.

"Sending him to a full-season club is what we hoped to be able to do," Mets general manager Sandy Alderson told Newsday. "And based on what he's done in spring training, and his whole body of work since last fall, we feel comfortable with him going to Columbia."

http://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/...y-new-york-mets-class-club-columbia-fireflies

aka

Founding Member
I Deliver
Lifetime Member
Jun 22, 2014
Founding Member
Good. And Columbia's not a bad place to be.

Gatormac2112

The Voice of Reason
Lifetime Member
Sep 7, 2014
It's hard to believe it's only been 10 years since he won the heisman. In many ways it feels like 30 years ago

Okeechobee Joe

Lost Ball in High Grass
Lifetime Member
Oct 5, 2014
Columbia_Fireflies_Uniform-edited.jpg

"Fireflies" --- now that's pretty cool. Minor league baseball teams have some interesting mascot names.

The new slogan: " Let's glow with Tebow".

Tebow will wear the famous number "15".

The Fireflies', a farm team of the Mets, big rival is the Charleston RiverDogs an affiliate of the New York Yankees.

Good article from the Post and Courier: http://www.postandcourier.com/sport...cle_3054388a-0d95-11e7-9023-cf9f50a9ed88.html

Last edited:

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
That league has a lot of teams scattered throughout the Carolina's (N&S) and Georgia. He'll be in Hagerstown, MD (which is pretty close to DC) for a mid-week series. I bet he brings in a couple hundred (or more) fans per game on all of his away games. I remember when I was younger, living in Jacksonville, and Michael Jordon came to town w/ the Birmingham Barons. They filled the place up for three straight games, over 10K in that sh*tty old Wolfson Park stadium. I've been to Hagerstown for a game and it's a dump!

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I hope that he moves up quickly, because because the Advanced A (A+) is St. Lucie Mets, who play near my house in the summer... So hope he moves up.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Its the worst failure ever! He went 0-4 and didnt make MLB roster. Epic failure!!!! /douchebag twins

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I thought he may have ended up staying in PSL but I am not sure how all those leagues break down now. Curious to see what he does. If there is any real hope of him pulling a miracle off he will start putting up good numbers there once he has played for a few weeks I would think.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I thought he may have ended up staying in PSL but I am not sure how all those leagues break down now. Curious to see what he does. If there is any real hope of him pulling a miracle off he will start putting up good numbers there once he has played for a few weeks I would think.

For the Mets:

Short Season A - Brooklyn
A - Columbia (South Atlantic League Southern Division)
A+ - St. Lucie (Florida - South Division)
AA - Binghamton (Eastern League)
AAA - Las Vegas (Pacific Coast League)

Chomper

Lifetime Member
Aug 5, 2014
Firefly merchandise just went through the roof.
If Mets are on top of things, they will rotate Tim throughout their minor league system to stimulate merchandise sales. No need for Tim to have great stats, just sell baseball caps baby!

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
If Mets are on top of things, they will rotate Tim throughout their minor league system to stimulate merchandise sales. No need for Tim to have great stats, just sell baseball caps baby!

Which is why I don't understand why they don't keep him in A+ ball, he would have his largest following in this state. Their ticket sales would be through the roof.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator