Lifetime Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
2ef697bfa5a9a8875ab04f28f3029f10.gif

Last edited:

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Why isn't someone like Tim or Leak, or DW or Lito or someone doing a pregame locker room speech? And not even just this week. Why aren't we getting more involvement from former greats? Seems like an obvious move for a young, struggling team, and yet, we aren't doing it.

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
"You're going to have a new coach next year, so start putting your best effort on tape so that the new coach will notice you on tape while he is evaluating for next year." That is all!!!!!!!!!!

Alumni Guy

Lifetime Member
Nov 7, 2015
Why isn't someone like Tim or Leak, or DW or Lito or someone doing a pregame locker room speech? And not even just this week. Why aren't we getting more involvement from former greats? Seems like an obvious move for a young, struggling team, and yet, we aren't doing it.

Not Leak. He lost his "gators VIP card"

jdh5484

Founding Member
Just Beat UGa
Lifetime Member
Jun 30, 2014
Founding Member
"You're not at Florida to compete. You're at Florida to win."

Ever hear anything remotely like this from McYet?

cover2

Founding Member
I've grown old
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Rhetorical question...we already have the answer :)

Seriously, I saw Tebow's response on the SEC network the other day and it took me back to a great time in UF football history. I would rather not believe it, but I'm wont to think that McElwain would be fearful of having one of our greats come in and speak pre-game. Might show him up. I have absolutely no confidence in him to do anything obvious or conventional. I've never gotten to this point with one of our coaches.

gatorkev85

Nov 24, 2015
He must not follow Mac recruiting cause we don't have many 4-5* players to show why they were 4-5* players. I kid I kid it got me super pumped up about the game.

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
They should seriously just pull his ass away from that embarrassment of a pregame show and have him give these guys a nice pep talk in the locker room before the game.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member

Seriously, I saw Tebow's response on the SEC network the other day and it took me back to a great time in UF football history. I would rather not believe it, but I'm wont to think that McElwain would be fearful of having one of our greats come in and speak pre-game. Might show him up. I have absolutely no confidence in him to do anything obvious or conventional. I've never gotten to this point with one of our coaches.

Chump was in over his head but at least he was passionate and tried a ton of different things to win.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Who's ready to run through a wall?

Me.

I said to myself the other day, some of us here are notoriously temperamental and may be a little quick to want to pull the plug. But when people like you and SQ are bailing, it says a lot.

I still wonder how much of the disdain for JM stems from the hangover of 2010-'14, which isn't entirely fair. But regardless, it's a problem for him.

InstiGATOR1

Lifetime Member
Mar 27, 2016
"You're going to have a new coach next year, so start putting your best effort on tape so that the new coach will notice you on tape while he is evaluating for next year." That is all!!!!!!!!!!

I have often wondered why NFL coaches on the hot seat don't have this meeting with their teams. They should start the meeting and dismiss all the stats. Tell there teams all those guys will be here or in the NFL next year no matter what. It is the remaining 30 that will decide if he stays and they remain in the league because of the huge number of players cut and never signed by anyone after a staff is fired.

Personally, I think all teams, particularly teams whose season might be sliding away, should be reminded to:

1. Do their jobs as well as the can.

2. Trust their teammates to do their jobs.

3. Do not try to win the game by themselves

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.