Time to put aside our differences

stephenPE

Lifetime Member
Jul 20, 2014
It is now game day. First weekend in September when for many many years gators got up early and attended to their rituals. The good or new gator shirt is hung and dried. The game day socks (mine were tall orange knee socks with blue stripes for most of the Pell era). The comfortable shorts (always a hot mofo). The food, the drinks, the special parking spot. The old friends you parked by or sat by in the stadium, I will never forget the year in my section I saw the son but not the dad, He pointed up and made praying hands. His dad was the mayor of New Smyrna Beach. Their daughter was the drum major one year. We sat by them forever it seemed.
We all know the how bad________is and how awful_______t is. But today we are all gators hanging together for that first game.........that first win.......when new gators show up and create their legends (fingers crossed) we all have stories about that new kid that put on the orange and blue and gave us hope for the future. Sometimes hope is all we got. ........... ,...................ORANGE..............

stephenPE

Lifetime Member
Jul 20, 2014
Here is a game day ritual that ends today: Today will be the first time I can remember my post game will not include a conversation with a person whose parents were born in the 1800s. If we were not together we would talk during the games but he always wanted my analysis after the football game. Some Saturdays he would make a big pot of oatmeal and stack of buttered toast for me Mike and Kevin. I'm having this breakfast today along with some of the last guava jelly he ever made. My dad loved gator football. My first memory of this was him and mom going to a gator game in 1962 and bringing us home a bobble head gator. I was in 2nd grade.

stephenPE

Lifetime Member
Jul 20, 2014
And one last thing regarding our boys today: Teddy Roosevelt captured it perfectly over 100 years ago.
"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the deeds; who knows great enthusiasms, the great devotions; who spends himself in a worthy cause; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat."

bradgator2

Founding Member
Rioting
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
giphy.gif

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Im wearing a pair of my sacred 1996 gameday underwear.

Let's hope that SOS did a vulcan mindmeld on Nusschump or Nusschump gets hit by a bus before the game!!!

ORANGE

-THE DUDE-

Founding Member
This is the year!!!
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I've got to make a trek into enemy territory today...may be close enough to go piss on the big house...hopefully they get it done today

BLUE!!!

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member

Spurrier not saying anything bad about the Michigan fans but takes a little jab at LSU instead.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.