Title IX federal monetary implications for FSU

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
You know damn well they aren't going to lose one dime of federal funding over this.

Floridagator

Founding Member
Jun 20, 2014
Founding Member
Gatorbreath;n105314 said:
My initial thought was, I'd like to see the Constitutional predicate for "Title IX", or the logic and legality of federal government being responsible approximately 1/3 of a major state university's operating budget, but I digress...

You ain't kidding!

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Yeah, on that note, I didn't have a freaking clue the government funded them THAT much money. Insane.

G 2

Founding Member
Gator Great
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I would love for FSU to be forced to kick Winston out of school, before he can even declare for the draft. Make them disown their wins and trophies associated with him. Some kind of punishment for Jimbo would be nice but doubt that happens since he isn't really responsible for investigating it. Since it would be Congress, I doubt they do much other than a $100,000 fine or something silly.

AugustaGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Gov't has no balls....because our populace would go ape **** if the gov't cut the money caused problems, but they are OK with the behavior of FSU officials that caused it..sorry state of the american populace.....

TallyGator

Founding Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
The article has placed focus on this one incident...but it is not just one incident...there are many, many more that have not been handled according to the rules. That is why this investigation seems to be taking a long time. Also of note, FSU is admitting that is has never had anyone responsible for Title IX compliance...basically an admission of a lack of institutional control right there. While it would be catastrophic for any school to lose 1/3 of there funds, maybe that is exactly what is needed to send a strong message to others. And I still think the NCAA is lurking...

Time will tell...

Scott512

Sep 1, 2014
FSU is a mess and not a hot mess. Just a mess. Problem after problem and this is just what has been made public. The FSU alum who really care about their university must be embarrassed. I would hope so anyway.

ATXGator

Founding Member
Austin Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Scott512;105399 said:
FSU is a mess and not a hot mess. Just a mess. Problem after problem and this is just what has been made public. The FSU alum who really care about their university must be embarrassed. I would hope so anyway.

Your avatar makes me wonder if you are one of those alum....?

TallyGator

Founding Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
The new Half Ass U president said, on his third day on the job, that he understands a good day is a day in which you do not hear from the Athletic Department. I did not know the old fart had a sense of humor, but it did not look like he was kidding.

Also, I would advise all other schools to pay close attention to all the investigations going on at Half Ass U. If no substantial actions are taken, then the bar of tolerance will be set for everyone. This is why I believe that something will happen...

OcalaGator83

Not Hopeful
Lifetime Member
Oct 23, 2014
Well, I know several Nole fans and they wish Jameis would go away. They have adopted a permanent cringe posture just waiting for the next off the field disaster.

ReelGatorDoc

Sep 9, 2014
Like I've said...if the NCAA doesn't do anything about the FSu crap, the Fed's don't do anything about the FSu crap and the legal system
doesn't do anything about the FSu crap...then that's a message to all schools to let the inmates play and play as hard as they want, as long as the
win on the field. Should be an interesting free for all.

or they could slap "loss of institutional control" on them and call it the Winston principle.

jmskjrgator

Lifetime Member
Sep 9, 2014
Jumbo is now more a warden rather than a coach. Auburn is laughing at
him now. Who ever dreamed a school could make Auburn look good.

BoomTown

Founding Member
Mc's Red Headed Stepchild
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Holy Christmas! That "article" had to have been written by an F$U grad That is the worst written "published piece" I've ever read. My 9 year old writes a much more coherent thought and understands that paragraphs can have more than one sentence. Who the Hell knows what's really going on after reading that.

As for the repercussions to the school, there will be none. No way the DoE cuts off funding over this. If they did, the state isn't closing the school as much as we'd like for that to happen. The rest of the state's universities would pay the price by getting their budgets slashed to the bone to keep the Lyin', Cheatin', Stealin', Rapin', Stickin, F***in' Semenholes around!!!!! Hell is too good for them.

TallyGator

Founding Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
He is terrible...and has a top ten worst toupe on TV.

The point about actions/penalties is this: So much has been made public that a new standard of misbehavior would be established and presumably tolerated. I just don't think that the Feds and NCAA are going to go for that. Something will happen...there is too much going on to ignore or sweep under the rug that affects the entire student body, not just athletes.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
You people think these federal civil rights investigations give two shiiits about Semenhole football? Or any football? Or--probably-- any sport?

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.