Today is the line in the sand for me

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
Yup, it's official....I will turn in my GCMB appointed Sunshine Pumper badge if we lose today. I have done my best to remain supportive of this staff and administration however I feel that I'm starting to ride the fence over the last 2 or 3 weeks which is generally not in my nature. I guess you can say I'm sort of an all or nothing kind of guy. I've never had this feeling in 30 plus years of being a Gator fan, not even during the Zook years, which were frustrating at times....

Any other "Pumpers" feel the same way ?

GMDGator

Founding Member
Slick Willie - RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 15, 2014
Founding Member
I think we all reached this point watching the same flaccid offense over the last 2 games.... Nothing has changed from last year's disaster, and we can see it coming... Muschamp is a dead man walking...

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
GMDGATOR;n68041 said:
I think we all reached this point watching the same flaccid offense over the last 2 games.... Nothing has changed from last year's disaster, and we can see it coming... Muschamp is a dead man walking...

Kind of sobering isn't it.....Speaking of sober I forgot all about 12.00 game time and my golden soda supply is weak. Time for a trip to the store.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
GMDGATOR;n68041 said:
I think we all reached this point watching the same flaccid offense over the last 3 1/2 years.
FIFY

SaltGator

Founding Member
Midline
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I turned in my pumper badge last year, and have been hoping for the best/cautiously optimistic.

Gatorious

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
post-26206-Yosemite-Sam-keeps-crossing-Bu-vFRB_zps95cf68f2.gif

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
This game is probably the most important on the schedule to me. I was just telling my wife that it's really the only streak we have left and the only bragging rights we have left as a fan base. This used to be THE game in college football when we matched up with the Vols. Now? It's probably the 5th most important match-up in our own conference this weekend. WM has taken us to depths we haven't known since the 70s.

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
MJMGator;n68119 said:
This game is probably the most important on the schedule to me. I was just telling my wife that it's really the only streak we have left and the only bragging rights we have left as a fan base. This used to be THE game in college football when we matched up with the Vols. Now? It's probably the 5th most important match-up in our own conference this weekend. WM has taken us to depths we haven't known since the 70s.

UT has sucked for a while now. This game has been irrelevant on a national scope for years.

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
MJMGator;n68119 said:
the only streak we have left and the only bragging rights we have left as a fan base.
Funny it wasn't that long ago that most people would say we were the most feared team in CFB...I miss those days.

deuce

Founding Member
"Cry 'Havoc!', and let slip the dogs of war."
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Funny how we are exactly where we were predicted to be and yet we act like we are surprised about that.

I don't root for WM anymore, I would like to see a coaching change but that doesn't affect how much I cheer for my Gators to win every game. My job is to support my favorite team and I will do that come Hell or High-Water.

We are a flawed team coached by a flawed head coach......... but, they are still the Mighty Florida Gators in my flawed mind!

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
I will always support and be a Gator. But the pumper badge is gone all ready.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
deuce coupe;n68134 said:
Funny how we are exactly where we were predicted to be and yet we act like we are surprised about that.
Yeah, the prediction was easy to make with your head. Your heart wants them to do well and overcome the adversity on the coaching staff.

SaltGator

Founding Member
Midline
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Captain Sasquatch;n68124 said:
UT has sucked for a while now. This game has been irrelevant on a national scope for years.

Which is further evidence under this pathetic regime that this is our last significant "positive" streak. And it's in serious jeopardy of ending.

jereed16

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Concrete Helmet;n68026 said:
Yup, it's official....I will turn in my GCMB appointed Sunshine Pumper badge if we lose today. I have done my best to remain supportive of this staff and administration however I feel that I'm starting to ride the fence over the last 2 or 3 weeks which is generally not in my nature. I guess you can say I'm sort of an all or nothing kind of guy. I've never had this feeling in 30 plus years of being a Gator fan, not even during the Zook years, which were frustrating at times....

Any other "Pumpers" feel the same way ?

Yes.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
I'm just glad we still have several who are true Gators, unlike the rest of us. :rolleyes:

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
MJMGator;n68147 said:
I'm just glad we still have several who are true Gators, unlike the rest of us. :rolleyes:

Yeah, especially our admin's own father saying "go Rocky Top." True Gator, indeed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.