Todd Grantham on his unit's performance against Kentucky

divits

Founding Member
A Muffin of the Studly Variety
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
The DL's been beating up on our sh*tty OL for too long, thinking they're good. Well, they found out they're sh*tty too.

'Zactly.

gardnerwebbgator

Founding Member
Aight Then
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Joe Lee Dunn was his mentor. Enough said. Big Head Todd (borrowing that from a UGA friend of mine), isn't worth a ****.

Omar's Coming Yo!

Gator til the grave
BANNED
Oct 6, 2016
Besides, Georgia's defenses have been successful in spite of their coaching, not because of it.

In 2012, with a roster that included John Jenkins, Jarvis Jones, Alec Ogletree, Shawn Williams, Bacarri Rambo and Sanders Commings, the Bulldogs finished 12th in the SEC in rush defense (182.14 YPG), per CFBstats.com. They looked confused, didn't know where to line up and suffered from blown assignments early and often.

The theme of confusion continued in 2013, and became more pronounced in the secondary as the Bulldogs gave up 227.4 passing yards per game, according to CFBstats.com.

The newcomers looked lost and poorly coached all season long, which culminated with the "Prayer at Jordan-Hare" where, instead of knocking down Auburn quarterback Nick Marshall's heave downfield, safeties Josh Harvey-Clemons and Tray Matthews both went for the interception on the game-defining play.

Why Todd Grantham's Departure Is a Good Thing for Georgia

ergator920103

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I didn't like the Grantham hire. But, I'm not sure it was all his fault. What is he supposed to do about guys like Polite getting destroyed? Same with Moon. Even Slaton, as big as he is, was moved around on a consistent basis. When your defenders are being beaten that badly, I don't know what a DC can do.

He could have NOT converted us to a 3 - 4 as we do not have the personnel (especially DE's) for that D... He could have run a 4 -3 until he recruited the personnel to run that scheme. Never, ever liked his hire...along with most of the staff Mullen brought in...

Last edited:

-THE DUDE-

Founding Member
This is the year!!!
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
A Dwag to me is someone who not only coached there, but played there as well. This guy's your typical carpet bagging journeyman. Coached at his alma mater, Virginia Tech, longer than anywhere.

I remember thinking how disgusting Rodman and the Bad Boy Pistons were after they sent my Bulls packing in the East finals in '90. Rodman, Laimbeer, Isiah. Hated 'em all.

Well, lo and behold, I became a huge Rodman fan when he helped us to 72-10 in '95-96.
and 2 more titles after that...The Worm was awesome especially how he got under Malone's skin so bad :lol:

-THE DUDE-

Founding Member
This is the year!!!
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
He could have NOT converted us to a 3 - 4 as we do not have the personnel (especially DE's) for that D... He could have run a 4 -3 until he recruited the personnel to run that scheme. Never, ever liked his hire...along with most of the staff Mullen brought in...
We're really not...we've been playing mostly nickel because we don't have anybody to play LB that's worth a ****

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
We're really not...we've been playing mostly nickel because we don't have anybody to play LB that's worth a ****
Yeah, well we spent all spring running with Moon, Polite, CeCe and all the other undersized DEs playing OLB in a 3-4. It would make much more sense to have a box with 3 DT/NTs with their hand down, Polite/ Zack / Zu/ Moo Chatfield, Lang whomever at the two outside LB and Chauncey moved back to safety in lieu of one of our current disasters Taylor and Stiner. It doestn change that we have two trash FIU MLBs but it does take one of our trash FIU safeties off the field and goves us one more 300 lb ass onnthe DL and two more 250lb outside Lbs.

We play exactly one passing team this year. One. This fvkktarded nickel defense is making a terrible situation much, much worse.

Fore those struggling with the concept:

This:

--- 64-56-93---
92-- MLB-MLB----99

23------29

Is better than

-----92-64-56-99
23--MLB-MLB------99

16 29

You show me a team that plays 4-2-5 or 3-3-5 and I will show you a team that can't stop the run.

Last edited:

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
and 2 more titles after that...The Worm was awesome especially how he got under Malone's skin so bad
Yeah, he was at his best taunting an opponent along the lane during a free throw. Sometimes he'd stand FACING the guy next to him. Rodman was all about getting into your head and flopping, and it worked a lot.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Yeah, he was at his best taunting an opponent along the lane during a free throw. Sometimes he'd stand FACING the guy next to him. Rodman was all about getting into your head and flopping, and it worked a lot.
They said he used to freak out Shaq and do stuff like groin bump him from behind, just to get in his head.

G8trwood

Lifetime Member
Nov 29, 2015
They got some new gym muscles.... they need some new working on the farm/ranch/laying block all day muscles.

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
I will repeat my post from earlier in this thread. Who is responsible for Joe Lee Dunn jr. being the DC at UF? I am okay with blaming the actors, but let's call out the one that hires the cast!!!

OcalaGator83

Not Hopeful
Lifetime Member
Oct 23, 2014
We'll get that corrected guys, we are just finally learning how to practice. Trust the system. Trust the process. Trust the coaches.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.