Todd McShay on UF job....

Discussion in 'Main Sports Forum' started by Crunchtime, Dec 3, 2017.

1. Swamp Donkey

Swamp Donkey Shytter's Full!
    Lifetime Member

Oxbucks:
    $2,756
    Ratings:
    +25,722 / -542
    Saying, through intermediaries, "would you take the job at 5 mil x 6 years", isnt the same as offering the job.

Many people were contacted. I have no clue how many.

IMO only Kelly was actually "offered" in common parlance, they what he actually signed was likely a Memorandum of Understanding or Intent to Contract. Sometimes the actual "Offer" (the actual contract) isnt even finished for weeks, after the person is announced.

Technically, I supposed we could so no one else wasnt "offered", but only if you speak like a Clinton.

2. Marianna-FL_Gator

Oxbucks:
    $328
    Ratings:
    +6,299 / -43
    Todd is full of sh*t on this and that's a fact! We we're looking at Kelly/Frost/Mullen and was going after strong if we missed on those 3.

3. gingerlover

gingerlover Junior Member
    Lifetime Member

Oxbucks:
    $196
    Ratings:
    +1,186 / -5
    The SEC as a while just cares more. The rest of the conferences have 2-4 at most that actually care and expect results. Even Kentucky has expectations here.

ACC - FSU and Clemson are the only ones that care. Clemson only started caring when they began to win.
    Big 10 - penn st, Ohio st, Michigan and depending on if they are good that year Michigan st, Iowa, Nebraska and Wisconsin.
    Big 12 - Texas and Oklahoma. If any others cared they wouldn’t be happy with 8-10 wins for 30 straight years.
    PAC 12 - not sure any actually care.

4. oxrageous

oxrageous American Hero
    Administrator

Oxbucks:
    $2,498
    Ratings:
    +17,047 / -143
    At this point I could not possibly care less about the coaching search - we’ll never know the whole truth anyway. We made a hire and I’m just glad it’s over.

5. InstiGATOR1

InstiGATOR1 Well-Known Member
    Lifetime Member

Oxbucks:
    $130
    Ratings:
    +1,563 / -40
    Well the Dooley article made me think Mullen was it all the time, but of course Dooley is in full Company mode now that the new King has been appointed. On the other hand I have never seen any evidence that McShay knows anything about anything not to mention about UF. Personally, I suspect that Dooley is right and Mullen was who they wanted all along and no one else was seriously considered.

6. AnObfuscator

AnObfuscator Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +105 / -2
    Yeah, I'm glad we got a good coach inked quickly. I don't think he was the first choice of most fans, but he's not a bad hire and at least we're not FSU jumping into the market late and watching their recruiting class disintegrate (I think they're down to 34th in the rankings), or the absolute dumpster fire that is UT.

7. Acecustis

Acecustis Active Member

Oxbucks:
    $11
    Ratings:
    +80 / -6
    Todd McShay said Nathan Petermouth was the most NFL ready QB in the 2017 NFL Draft, the f--k does he know about football? I doubt he knows anything about the Gator coaching search.

8. Jbossgator8

Jbossgator8 Senior Member
    Lifetime Member

Oxbucks:
    $131
    Ratings:
    +1,220 / -80
    Yeah and the ENTIRE GCMB was contacted about the job too so there were literally hundreds of people contacted about the job.

9. TN G8tr

TN G8tr The "Original" TN G8tr
    Lifetime Member

Oxbucks:
    $182
    Ratings:
    +2,175 / -10
    McShay is a tool to begin with. He's never been one to settle much information on. Who knows what really the deal is. Vetting the field and actually offering the job are two different things. We'll probably never know. It is evident that UF went after Kelly, done. So now its Mullen. We are so far better off than slUT and FSUck right now.

10. Frozen Gator

Frozen Gator Well-Known Member
    Lifetime Member

Oxbucks:
    $190
    Ratings:
    +779 / -7
    Sometimes when I watch sports shows I think I'm watching some kind of twisted version of "The View" and "The View" is pretty damm twisted.

11. stephenPE

stephenPE Senior Member
    Lifetime Member

Oxbucks:
    $208
    Ratings:
    +4,273 / -190
    didnt his dad also play center for the gators.........lots of future coaches also on that staff as I recall

12. stephenPE

stephenPE Senior Member
    Lifetime Member

Oxbucks:
    $208
    Ratings:
    +4,273 / -190
    or like many other "lawyers"

13. rogdochar

rogdochar Senior Member

Oxbucks:
    $603
    Ratings:
    +6,849 / -35
    .... but, but shouldn't all 'spundips run over to gawk and squawk about UT & FSU's search? UF can't use their honed-in wisdom anymore.

14. Scott512

Scott512 Senior Member

Oxbucks:
    $89
    Ratings:
    +792 / -18
    I feel the same way. You can't be soft and coach in the SEC you can't doubt yourself whether you're too chickensh*t to jump into the SEC because if that's crossing your mind do not come.

15. gatormandan

gatormandan Are we there yet?
    Lifetime Member

Oxbucks:
    $517
    Ratings:
    +5,034 / -157
    Mullen seems to be the right choice....so far. He is hitting the trail hard and has a great attitude and confidence and I really hope he lands a top class and can actually win and prove everybody wrong. It really seems like he wants to be here so it really doesnt matter at this point what anyone says or what pick he was. He seems to be a huge improvement from the shark humper and crew.

16. rogdochar

rogdochar Senior Member

Oxbucks:
    $603
    Ratings:
    +6,849 / -35
    And-yet alas,Threat, we had the biggest Buddha-butt and-yet this unreasonable fanbase had not the zenthusiasm needed to respect him, keep him safe from death threats. When will outsiders recognize that the SEC is not a somnolific conference? (yawn)

17. CU-UF

CU-UF The liberal conservative voice of reason
    Lifetime Member

Oxbucks:
    $34
    Ratings:
    +448 / -67
    I agree with Ox, who the hell cares, especially trying to split hairs on some obscure interview with an idiot reporter who happens to say something in complete passing. You are either going to believe SS or not, if you don't then I guess you got a hard on watching this interview, but either way we will never know the full story.

18. rogdochar

rogdochar Senior Member

Oxbucks:
    $603
    Ratings:
    +6,849 / -35
    they're fabricating on people out there busy doing the real work.

19. -THE DUDE-

-THE DUDE- This is the year!!!

Oxbucks:
    $374
    Ratings:
    +2,857 / -15
    The truth lies somewhere in the middle of what Dooley "reported" and what national guys like McShay say. Dooley is a mouthpiece for the UFAA and likely got a good bit of info but only enough to really put a positive spin on this and the national guys are getting crap from all over and anymore in today's reporting world just looking into a coach and them tweeting they are happy where they are at is getting "turned down"

20. GatorJ

GatorJ Hopeful

Oxbucks:
    $794
    Ratings:
    +8,525 / -54
    One thing that I like about you Dan, is that for sure you were a huge Mac pumper. But you did look at it objectively and as he deteriorated – you bailed. Long before many other “pumper” posters. I think some people would label you as a pumper. But I actually label you as probably a realist pumper.

There’s nothing wrong with higher levels of optimism as long as they are tempered with expectations.