Toilet knowledge?

MidwestChomp

Fun was the goal and we hit the bullseye
Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2014
Hey, maybe when my guests **** they like knowing refraction rates of tectonic pressure waves through various mediums.
Yep. Don't need any nuclear explosions on the toilet.

TLB

Just chillin'
Lifetime Member
Jan 6, 2015
Coming back to this thread, I can't help but view a request for "Toilet Knowledge" as "Who has sht for brains?"

grengadgy

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
The distance of water travel is too short for the Coriolis effect. It more design and gravity that affect water swirl.

Contrary to popular misconception, water rotation in home bathrooms under normalcircumstances is not related to the Coriolis effect or to the rotation of the Earth, and no consistent difference in rotation direction between toilet drainage in the Northern and Southern Hemispheres can be observed.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I’ve had this exact same issue. You just have to replace the innards.If the flapper (which closes and stops water for moving down) is not in good shape,It will lead to the hammering noise. It wasn’t just the flapper but it was part of it.

I had to replace all the insides twice. Don’t go cheap.

The first time I had a handyman come out and take a look at it. He couldn’t fix it. Then I had a plumber come out and do it and I haven’t had an issue since.

It’s not difficult to do – pretty simple. The only reason I had somebody come out is I didn’t know why it was making the sound. But simply, gut the inside of the tank and replace everything.

AugustaGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Upgrade
an-old-wood-outhouse-sits-on-the-grounds-of-the-historic-pratt-museum-BP49RP.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.