Tom Luginbill says UF will win a National title before FSU/Miami

maheo30

WiLLLLLLLie! WiLLLLLLLie!
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
I heard this interview on the radio. Both Frangie and Carlyon were shocked as both peg Taggert as the next Saban. Never mind there’s no evidence whatsoever to back that up.

deuce

Founding Member
"Cry 'Havoc!', and let slip the dogs of war."
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Of course I agree!111

Marianna-FL_Gator

#GangGang
Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2014
I heard this interview on the radio. Both Frangie and Carlyon were shocked as both peg Taggert as the next Saban. Never mind there’s no evidence whatsoever to back that up.
Taggert is 10-35 against teams with a winning record. He doesn't worry me at all! Now if Cristoball follows him to FSU then that changes my opinion because he's the best recruiter in CFB so it will be damn near impossible for him to screw up the amount of talent Cristo will bring in. Hopefully...Oregon gives him the HC job and that won't be an issue :grin:

ncargat1

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 16, 2014
Founding Member
Taggert is 10-35 against teams with a winning record. He doesn't worry me at all! Now if Cristoball follows him to FSU then that changes my opinion because he's the best recruiter in CFB so it will be damn near impossible for him to screw up the amount of talent Cristo will bring in. Hopefully...Oregon gives him the HC job and that won't be an issue :grin:

Mullen is the WORST all-time in match ups of ranked teams at 2-15....doubt the laughing has stopped in Coral Ghetto, Talla-crappee, Athens and even Knoxville over our hire. I mean, with Dan's barely-even-high-school-level offense that has exactly 6 plays (the same 6 as the Wheel of Offense from his first stint in Gainesville) he has run everywhere, who doesn't peg us for future greatness?? How will anyone contend with the dreaded "4-verticals"??

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Richt will always choke and Taggart will always be utterly overrated until he can stay long enough to confirm or deny it

Marianna-FL_Gator

#GangGang
Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2014
Mullen is the WORST all-time in match ups of ranked teams at 2-15....doubt the laughing has stopped in Coral Ghetto, Talla-crappee, Athens and even Knoxville over our hire. I mean, with Dan's barely-even-high-school-level offense that has exactly 6 plays (the same 6 as the Wheel of Offense from his first stint in Gainesville) he has run everywhere, who doesn't peg us for future greatness?? How will anyone contend with the dreaded "4-verticals"??
Screenshot_20171129-191722.jpg
Enough said! Dude has been the best QB developer in CFB for the last 5-7 yrs. Give him the talent he can reel in at UF and he'll do very well. Btw...that Stat about Taggert wasn't against "ranked teams" it was against teams with a "winning record" in what ever shi*ty ass conf he was coaching in at the time. Mullen was at freaking miss st and coaching in the SEC.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
He was the same guy bragging about Franks potential prior to the season and said we might make the playoff

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
He was the same guy bragging about Franks potential prior to the season and said we might make the playoff

Could be wrong, but I believe that that was Steele. Apparently he went on a complete bender from May to September, dabbling in hallucinogenics as well.

To the part about rivals laughing at the hire, that's simply incorrect. For the 100th time, DM was not my first choice. But he is light years more proven than the guy in Tallahassee(knowledgeable actual fans/alum will admit this) and has a 1-1 record against Richt while playing with Msu level talent. There is not a single human being alive that can honestly say they feel that MR would've had a better record if he'd spent the last 9 years in Starkville facing what was probably the toughest stretch any division has ever faced. Richt had a losing record to Zook. End of discussion.

I get it if you don't like the hire, and time will tell how good it was. But ignoring the facts and using hyperbole is silly.

Last edited:

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Could be wrong, but I believe that that was Steele. Apparently he went on a complete bender from May to September, dabbling in hallucinogenics as well.

To the part about rivals laughing at the hire, that's simply incorrect. For the 100th time, DM was not my first choice. But he is light years more proven than the guy in Tallahassee(knowledgeable actual fans/alum will admit this) and has a 1-1 record against Richt while playing with Msu level talent. There is not a single human being alive that can honestly say they feel that MR would've had a better record if he'd spent the last 9 years in Starkville facing what was probably the toughest stretch any division has ever faced. The guy had a losing record to Zook.

I get it if you don't like the hire, and time will tell how good it was. But ignoring the facts and using hyperbole is silly.

I didn't like our hire but I am coming around to it. The FSU hire hasn't really proved much but the guy seems to be a lights out recruiter considering where he was coaching at. I just hate us being 2nd fiddle to FSU in getting the top recruits.

Jbossgator8

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Mullen following the Meyer path to success at UF minus the chest pains. In Mullen We Trust!! UF to the Playoffs 2019!! Go Gators!!

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
I didn't like our hire but I am coming around to it. The FSU hire hasn't really proved much but the guy seems to be a lights out recruiter considering where he was coaching at. I just hate us being 2nd fiddle to FSU in getting the top recruits.

At some point you have to deliver on all those promises, and that requires being able to win with Xs and Os. WM is known as a lights out recruiter and yet he was hovering around the 100th ranked class by the end of his 4th year here. Zook's '05 class was crumbling even before he was fired.

He's not going to just live off of talent against Clemson, miami, or even us.

And I don't buy into the notion that all kids and/or coaches in the Tampa area are just going to ignore that two years ago he was telling them to go to Usf, last year Oregon, only to leave those players in the hands of someone else for the lion's share of their college career. He'll be a formidable opponent on the trail, especially at first. But I absolutely despise that we rave about someone repeatedly talking 17 year old kids into making bad decisions as if it's some kind of badge of honor. If we can show actual development of both players and a team, that will take care of itself, because I don't believe he can.

Theologator

Enchanter
Lifetime Member
Aug 11, 2015

Woodroe

Sir Knowitall
Lifetime Member
Nov 13, 2017
Might be 30 years from now but it'd be better than after one of those 2.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
So, what is the secret ingredient that makes a coach a better recruiter? Is one pushing Krispie Kreme while the others are pushing bagels? The main attractant to recruit to FSU would have to be easy courses, not a lot of studying required plus at UF you will work harder and still might flunk. ??

Woodroe

Sir Knowitall
Lifetime Member
Nov 13, 2017
So, what is the secret ingredient that makes a coach a better recruiter? Is one pushing Krispie Kreme while the others are pushing bagels? The main attractant to recruit to FSU would have to be easy courses, not a lot of studying required plus at UF you will work harder and still might flunk. ??
All charges swept under the rug. You know the kleptocard 9 would not have missed a game at Free Sh!t U

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator