Lifetime Member
Mar 27, 2016

aka

Founding Member
I Deliver
Lifetime Member
Jun 22, 2014
Founding Member
All of these these players getting in trouble are just trying to keep our minds off recruiting.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
All of these these players getting in trouble are just trying to keep our minds off recruiting.
All the silent commits are going to go public in August.

gatormandan

Are we back yet?
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2014
Typical. Seems like more and more people want to "infringe" on the "shall not be infringed" constitution.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
Surprised this is still in here.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
"Florida football player Toney caught with knife and coke...at Applebees."

It's definitely a nonstory from a legal standpoint, and the cops clearly overstep things once again. That said, it's obviously not a good thing that a college student feels the need to carry around a weapon. Legal or not, I'd really prefer our players leave the "streets" behind when they come to campus.

Ancient Reptile

Mar 4, 2015
Yes. Quit focusing on his right to carry that AR-15 and ask why he was carrying a weapon and that particular weapon. We are close to losing another talented wr.

Oklahoma Gator

Lifetime Member
Nov 18, 2015
I wasn’t trying to besmirch the kid, as much as I was just concerned with this “tay bang” story hanging out there, and then one more run in with the cops. My hope is that we don’t start the year out with 4 or 5 guys suspended for the start of the season (after last year) because these guys need all the reps they can get in the new O

Tay Bang

I might have been mean to Byrd
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2018
Yes. Quit focusing on his right to carry that AR-15 and ask why he was carrying a weapon and that particular weapon. We are close to losing another talented wr.

Exactly. The players were not arrested for possession of an AR-15. They were pulled over for seatbelt violations, which is what GPD and UPD do. Cops then noted an AR-15 on the back seat. The players were "detained" while the law enforcement checked on whether the players had warrants, were of age, etc. They would also look for drugs, such that any minor amount of dope is going to get blown out of proportion. They were then released with possession of the AR-15. Possession of the AR-15 is not the issue. The issue is these knuckleheads are driving around without seatbelts, which easily invites law enforcement into your life, same as headlight, taillight and tag violations. That is their invitation to crawl up your a$$. Also, Toney kept pulling away from the GPD car. Stupid. Also carrying a firearm in the open is a further invitation to crawl up you a$$. How about how these players are transporting the firearm between their housing and their car. Is it carried openly? In a case? (I doubt it). Under a blanket? Which will then invite neighbors to call the police, again inviting them to crawl up your a$$. How about running around a liberal college campus with AR-15 pattern airsoft rifles. Again, the cops are going to be called.

This is the issue. These players are stupid enough to keep inviting law enforcement to crawl up their a$$. Bad things happen when law enforcement is continually invited into these knuckleheads lives. Especially GPD and UPD.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
Did anyone read Mullen's comments about Toney w/ the AR?

One of Mullen's rules, "No guns".....

Then he back-peddled like a mother. Either it's a rule or it's not a rule. I bet if Toney was a walk-on, 5'7 DB this would have been handled differently.

As a Lifetime NRA member, I'm glad he handled it the way he did though.

MADGator

This space intentionally left blank
Jan 28, 2015
Team's no-gun policy applies only in 'certain situations,' coach says after player caught with AR-15 rifle

Team's no-gun policy applies only in 'certain situations,' coach says after player caught with AR-15 rifle
By Benjamin Brown | Fox News
1533292297428.jpg

Florida Gators head coach Dan Mullen clarified his no-guns policy during a team media day on Thursday. (Associated Press)

When Florida Gators head football coach Dan Mullen said his team had a no-guns policy, what he actually meant was the exact opposite.

A week after wide receiver Kadarius Toney was found with a loaded AR-15 rifle in the back seat of his car during a traffic stop, Mullen said the policy allows players to own guns as “we live in a country where that’s one of your rights.”

"A lot of people I know have guns in their house to protect their homes and their family,” Mullen said Thursday during media day for the Gators. “What we do ... is really to educate them on weapons, on having guns. Why would you have it? What's the purpose of having it?”

Mullen added that the main concerns are whether gun owners are properly trained, qualified and have a license to own a weapon, as well as ensuring it is a legal gun.

“What we're not looking for, to me, is gun accidents or issues where a gun could maybe cause a bigger problem than if there wasn't a weapon involved."

While Mullen felt the need to clarify what the no-guns policy meant, several of his players thought the message was pretty simple and clear.

"No weapons allowed," receiver Josh Hammond said. "That's been our policy since coach Mullen got here."

However, Mullen, who was hired last November to turn around a struggling Gators’ offense, said that’s only the case in “certain situations.”

"It's a no-weapons policy in certain situations of how to be educated to not have (issues)," he said. "No weapons, that's easy to remember. If I write out all the different (scenarios) — no weapons in these situations or have a weapon for a hunting situation, if I'm doing this, I store it at this location, I keep it here, I have gun safety rules and knowledge — that's not a quick catch to them to register in their mind. Does that make sense?"

Toney, who was not cited for his AR-15 rifle because it was not concealed, nor did it violate the state’s open carry law, told Gainesville police he needed the weapon for protection from locals because "they be coming after us."

Police said the weapon is his.

The traffic incident comes after Toney, and several other football players avoided charges following an on-campus altercation involving some Gainesville residents in late May. Devante Zachery, a resident who was present during the altercation told police on player had an assault rifle, which turned out to be Toney’s Airsoft gun painted black to resemble a real rifle.

The players still face potential discipline from the university.

The Associated Press contributed to this report.

Benjamin Brown is a reporter for Fox News. Follow him on Twitter @bdbrown473.

MADGator

This space intentionally left blank
Jan 28, 2015

That quote doesn't concern you? I'm not sure what kind of authority the student board has but I'd be lying if I said I wasn't a little nervous about it. I fully expect some sort of suspensions to come out of the Tay Bang incident. And not the GCMB poster, although I suppose it could be.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator