Toney caught with a completely legal, loaded AR-15

-THE DUDE-

Founding Member
This is the year!!!
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Yes. Quit focusing on his right to carry that AR-15 and ask why he was carrying a weapon and that particular weapon. We are close to losing another talented wr.

Why do you need to know why? It’s his right to carry for whatever reason he feels necessary.

stephenPE

Lifetime Member
Jul 20, 2014
I think AR is probably thinking a bunch of our boys head somewhere with anger on their minds cause a local gambler is causing problems and got the AR-15 JUSTTTTT IN CASE.............I guess being an old fella like me he can see some problems that might arise. Keep the gun, Jr but stay away from places like that............

stephenPE

Lifetime Member
Jul 20, 2014
but there is nothing wrong with someone legally procuring/carrying a firearm to protect themselves.
Yes, that is crystal clear but like the self appointed handicapped parking attendant with his gun ready, this has all the markings of a
clstrfck just waiting to happen. The fellas load up to confront their angry local bookie with the ar-15 locked and loaded. and btw we are all from outa town, still teen agers some of us and full of pizz and vinegar because the season is still 4 weeks away.......excuse me if I see more negative than positive in this situation.............Maybe we should just give them all a gun as they walk in the door at Ben Hill. It is legal. Too bad Watkins didnt have his side arm when he was correcting his GF recently.

Tay Bang

I might have been mean to Byrd
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2018
You think it's that easy? Even if certain players choose to quit and leave behind a specific lifestyle, who says that people from their past will do the same thing? They will remain in these players lives to get a piece of the pie. Report these things to law enforcement and let them do their job, but there is nothing wrong with someone legally procuring/carrying a firearm to protect themselves.

Capital: please point out where someone here said Toney did anything illegal besides not using his seatbelt. Several have said stupid. None illegal. Big diff.

Ancient Reptile

Mar 4, 2015
Why do you need to know why? It’s his right to carry for whatever reason he feels necessary.
Don't need to know why? Really? Do you actually think that carrying a gun to a shooting range is equivalent to carrying the same gun to revenge a slight? SMH.

Ancient Reptile

Mar 4, 2015
So you want to do what? Punish them for doing nothing wrong? Because it has the “appearance” of being wrong?
Didn't mention punishment. Our FB team has a problem, we need to deal with it. This isn't hard. I am sure you can get it and even Donkey if he squinches his eyes and concentrates real hard.
We have free speech, but that doesn't mean we should say stupid, offensive things on our employer's time. We have the right to bear arms, but that doesn't mean we should throw a loaded AR15 in the car and head off to avenge a social slight.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Didn't mention punishment. Our FB team has a problem, we need to deal with it. This isn't hard. I am sure you can get it and even Donkey if he squinches his eyes and concentrates real hard.
We have free speech, but that doesn't mean we should say stupid, offensive things on our employer's time. We have the right to bear arms, but that doesn't mean we should throw a loaded AR15 in the car and head off to avenge a social slight.
stfu. people are assuming you are drunk and or senile again.

nothing he did was on company time or on the campus. He can drive around EVERYWHERE he goes with an AR15 in the seat to protect himself.

Deal with it.

Last edited:

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Actually, I see a bad problem here.
1) it's wrong for a college kid to associate with people he needs armed protection from.
2) it's inviting tragedy to carry at the ready a loaded gun with the conviction that you're ready to shoot someone.
The mind-set in all this is seedy.

Ancient Reptile

Mar 4, 2015
Actually, I see a bad problem here.
1) it's wrong for a college kid to associate with people he needs armed protection from.
2) it's inviting tragedy to carry at the ready a loaded gun with the conviction that you're ready to shoot someone.
The mind-set in all this is seedy.
Jeez! Evidently only a couple of people see that. Maybe Donkey can sober up and see it in the morning. Everyone gets so caught up with the fact that it is legal that they can't see it represents a potential and likely problem for the team.

Great White Buffalo

Lifetime Member
Dec 7, 2017
The real concern is the kid didn't have a handgun within reach.
Outside the car, the AR is hard to beat. Inside the car, you may be dead by the time you reach back to get it. Someone needs to teach these kids a little common sense.

-THE DUDE-

Founding Member
This is the year!!!
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member

So what do you want done? Should Mullen confiscate their weapons? What else should he confiscate that could be a “potential problem”? Should they be banned from Twitter so they don’t say something stupid? Should their drivers license be taken away so they don’t speed, drive without a seatbelt, or drive under the influence? We had football players in the past make stupid decisions behind the wheel after drinking. What else?

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    fishermb