Toney to start out at QB

Omar's Coming Yo!

Gator til the grave
BANNED
Oct 6, 2016
Saw this on Espn NSD coverage. That just shows how bad our QBs are.
Don't be shocked if LDR is the starter vs Michigan. I have heard Franks still isn't progressing as far as he should and Trask isn't even mentioned anymore by the coaches as an option.

chferg

#CousinEddieTime
Aug 5, 2014
Don't be shocked if LDR is the starter vs Michigan. Franks still isn't progressing as far as he should and Trask isn't even mentioned anymore.

Wouldn't read too much into it. Supposedly the only way he was going to sign was that he was going to be given a fair chance at QB. He will "try" out then be moved to a position that more suits his skillset.

maheo30

WiLLLLLLLie! WiLLLLLLLie!
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
It's the reason we got him. We did the same with Slaton. We did it with Cronk but Cronk wouldn't move positions. Get them on campus. Then, try and talk them into moving positions. Toney will be playing WR before his career at UF is over.

ATXGator

Founding Member
Austin Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Don't be shocked if LDR is the starter vs Michigan. I have heard Franks still isn't progressing as far as he should and Trask isn't even mentioned anymore by the coaches as an option.

I love when the Cane troll starts telling us about our team...

Omar's Coming Yo!

Gator til the grave
BANNED
Oct 6, 2016
Wouldn't read too much into it. Supposedly the only way he was going to sign was that he was going to be given a fair chance at QB. He will "try" out then be moved to a position that more suits his skillset.
No. Hes coming into play QB. Franks isnt grasping the playbook and Trask is Jacob Guy 2.0.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Let's just imagine that "flanker around" ending in a far out completion. Anyways, it'll give the defense
some bothers. Go 2017 Gators.

maheo30

WiLLLLLLLie! WiLLLLLLLie!
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
No. Hes coming into play QB. Franks isnt grasping the playbook and Trask is Jacob Guy 2.0.

Wrong. Even he uses the word "shot" when referring to his recruitment to UF. He is being given a chance. That is all that he's been promised. Tyhat chance is how we got him. Most other teams like Auburn wouldn't even promise that.

TheBigClaw

Founding Member
Proud to be a Gator
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member

We all know our QB's aren't good but geez dude, stop acting like you know how good each of these guys is. For all we know Toney could be a Lamar Jackson type. Give him a shot. Del Rio is done at Florida.

GatorBart

Founding Member
:bandit:
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
And you are all-knowing? :lol:
563d327fe4e5.gif

GatorInKnox

Founding Member
The Sicilian
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
You're reaching.

Omar's Coming Yo!

Gator til the grave
BANNED
Oct 6, 2016
I'll make all you guys a bet if LDR or a grad transfer starts you guys are banned for the football season. If Trask or Franks starts, Ill be banned for the 2017 year. Who's in?

gatormandan

Are we back yet?
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2014

Please...show us a link or tell us your source. Franks was a highly rated 4 star and should easily get the starting job and EVERYTHING I have ever heard from players and staff and others about Trask has been purely positive. You make crap up in your head. Franks struggled at first but should have the bugs worked out for this year.

PhD Gator

UF Ph.D. 2011
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
Am I the only one that was pretty impressed with his highlights as a QB? I'm not a recruiting "guru", so take it with a grain of salt. However, I thought he looked like he could have some potential as a QB. Obviously lots of analysts who do this for a living didn't feel he was a D1 level quarterback, so I would err on the side they are more likely to be correct. But, I wouldn't completely write him off yet. Those analysts have been wrong before.

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Ox's Former Favorite Poster
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I'll make all you guys a bet if LDR or a grad transfer starts you guys are banned for the football season. If Trask or Franks starts, Ill be banned for the 2017 year. Who's in?
Just to clarify, are you talking starting game 1, or some random point in the season?

I'll be happy to oversee this bet. Who is in?

Omar's Coming Yo!

Gator til the grave
BANNED
Oct 6, 2016
Please...show us a link or tell us your source. Franks was a highly rated 4 star and should easily get the starting job and EVERYTHING I have ever heard from players and staff and others about Trask has been purely positive. You make crap up in your head. Franks struggled at first but should have the bugs worked out for this year.
Wrong. Ok you can believe what you want and I can know what I've been told. I'm not revealing anything to anyone. Just take the bet if you think I'm making it up. Franks doesn't have the mental capacity right now to lead the team. Think Jeff Driskel.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.