Toney to start out at QB

Fishon

Founding Member
BANNED
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Death, taxes, and law billing his clients while he complains on here. At least there are some constants in this world

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
You guys are funny.

We must trust the coaches and understand that Bhtters is slowly building brick by brick.

And Butters is out there deslerately trying to land any transfer in sight, even praying to change SEC rules for Zaire of all people.

And if he doesnt start youre favorite high school two star career backup, forget brick by bric, fire Butters!

Dahnnnkey, you know better than that. I've been on Mac's azz just as much as many around here. But I will give credit when credit is due. Sorry you disliked my post but it was not off of what I've been saying for a long time. And as far as Trask.....I don't care who it is, Franks, etc. Just IMO LDR should not take another snap. We've all been saying since last season at least try the two Frosh on the bench. But knowing Mac...he will not throw Toney out there just because he showed a lack of balz last season to throw a TF out there. Sure he may look for a Txfer but do we really want LDR taking another snap? So my post is not off what we've been calling for all the while. Not knocking Toney. If he's da man then so be it. Just don't see Mac having the fortitude to pull the trigger.

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Ox's Former Favorite Poster
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
If LDR is healthy for summer camp he will be your starter for the 1st game and I'll go as far as to say he will be the starter until the east is of reach or he is injured
You've lost your friggin mind bro.

LagoonGator68

Founding Member
mostly peaceful protester
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Death, taxes, and law billing his clients while he complains on here. At least there are some constants in this world

Law is a "public servant".....Shirley ye jest....

Omar's Coming Yo!

Gator til the grave
BANNED
Oct 6, 2016
We all know our QB's aren't good but geez dude, stop acting like you know how good each of these guys is. For all we know Toney could be a Lamar Jackson type. Give him a shot. Del Rio is done at Florida.
He's not. Lamar is 6-2-6-3. Faster and more agile. Toney is a less athletic Treon Harris.

gatorkev85

Nov 24, 2015
You've lost your friggin mind bro.
The proof is in the pudding LDR we had only lost 1 game before going out do to injury, you don't think Mac is not going to use that in the media to give a reasoning for starting him.

I'm gonna line it up for you right now. LDR starts against Michigan L, Starts against the cupcake W, L to TN, beats UK, beats Vandy, L to LSU, then another L to A&M, after a crap ton of media backlash and I mean a ton of it, he opens up the Qb comp during the buy week and LDR does not start against UGA which another L. We go on to win a few games in a row have a competitive game against FSU but lose and he's given another year to find out what he can do when he starts one of the freshman the whole season. He's very calculated in what he does. He know he's in over his head but his showing the next school he can be competitive in the SEC.

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Ox's Former Favorite Poster
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
The proof is in the pudding LDR we had only lost 1 game before going out do to injury, you don't think Mac is not going to use that in the media to give a reasoning for starting him.
No, I don't. I think you are simply looking for something to complain about. If anything, Mac has repeatedly given reasons to the media recently why LDR WON'T be starting.

I'm gonna line it up for you right now. LDR starts against Michigan L, Starts against the cupcake W, L to TN, beats UK, beats Vandy, L to LSU, then another L to A&M
See what I'm saying, you just aren't happy if you aren't complaining. You've given ZERO reason to believe this will occur other than some opinion that has zero basis in any type of fact. You have a right to an opinion, but that doesn't make your opinion right, you are simply making things up to make some argument that in all honesty has zero need to be made at this point in time.

after a crap ton of media backlash and I mean a ton of it, he opens up the Qb comp during the buy week and LDR does not start against UGA which another L. We go on to win a few games in a row have a competitive game against FSU but lose and he's given another year to find out what he can do when he starts one of the freshman the whole season. He's very calculated in what he does. He know he's in over his head but his showing the next school he can be competitive in the SEC.
So you are on record as predicting at least 6 losses in the regular season. So 6-6.
Bro, let's go ahead and make the bet right now :lol: You're going to make it easier and easier every year lmao

Bro, the bolded part doesn't even make sense, when coupled with the rest of your comments. Are you drinking right now?

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
If LDR is healthy for summer camp he will be your starter for the 1st game and I'll go as far as to say he will be the starter until the east is of reach or he is injured.

I think so too. LDR is going to start. Mac was already prepping for that in his post NSD comments. By saying that it was his fault that LDR played hurt against Arkansas. And that he got hurt really bad in the North Texas game. Both shoulders and his knee. He played hurt all year.

But I think that he'll start and play lousy and we will lose a game we shouldn't lose and about four games in he will have an "injury" that will clear the way for one of the redshirts.

I Have No Friends :(

Founding Member
Gator Bait! It's only racist to dumb Fuchs
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
It's not even close, Omar. Your own links prove Toney is a better athlete and passer. Not sure what you're trying to prove by this except the fact that you don't know what you're talking about :dunno:

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Treon's biggest problem was he was afraid to throw the dang ball unless the receivers got wide open all by themselves or blew past the DBs immediately. Held the ball way too long, and caused most of his own problems because of it. Defenses learned to play bump and run and that would completely confound Treon and stop our offense because of it.

Meh, after further review of the Toney video, I can see where Omar is coming from. They're almost carbon copies of each other. Toney "may" be a bit more athletic. Maybe a tad faster, but the arm talent and hesitation to throw look very similar.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Treon's biggest problem was he was afraid to throw the dang ball unless the receivers got wide open all by themselves or blew past the DBs immediately.
Treon was better when he first stepped on the field. He was actually pretty efficient at first and was a drastic improvement over Driskel. He won 1st team freshman All-SEC as so few remember.

Although plenty of QBs look good for their first few games then struggle once the DCs get film and know what they can't do well, Treon also got Mushnusschumped. They are both so damn scared of a turnover that they'd rather punt than take a risk. Once Grier got himself kicked out of the NCAA, they also seemed to limit him from scrambling and running too, for fear of playing the backups, which made things even worse. His off field troubles no doubt scrambled his brain also. A QB with a messed up head is often useless, which he was by November of 2015.

LagoonGator68

Founding Member
mostly peaceful protester
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Toney has a chance....let's see how he does in the spring....

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    fishermb