Tony Barnhart predicts the East...

Theologator

Enchanter
Lifetime Member
Aug 11, 2015
It's an SEC road game. They have a new coach. Fans might think we "own" UT...but we "owned" FSU under Meyer too. Again, it's an SEC road game vs. a traditional rival. I'm not chalking it up as a win. I hope we win, but I'm not chalking it up. I'm on record as us going 6-6 this year. That's a 2 game improvement from last year, 50% more wins. We're going to have losses this year and UT is a possibility. Either way it's the first road game under Mullen, and the QB will be either a 2-star project, a 4-star bust, or a true freshman.

We are 2 miracle plays and a godawful game away from being 0-4 against them the last 4 years.

I’m hoping we can split the Ut and MSU road games to start 4-1. But I’m more concerned with progress. I’ll be ok if we start 3-2 but we see things improving into November, get recruiting momentum etc.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
We are 2 miracle plays and a godawful game away from being 0-4 against them the last 4 years.

I’m hoping we can split the Ut and MSU road games to start 4-1. But I’m more concerned with progress. I’ll be ok if we start 3-2 but we see things improving into November, get recruiting momentum etc.

We have a MUCH better shot of winning UT than Miss State. I'm hoping we don't get blown out in Starkville.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
We have a MUCH better shot of winning UT than Miss State. I'm hoping we don't get blown out in Starkville.
So why is our first year coach at a huge disadvantage against their first year coach?

Are we no better than South Alabama?

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member

Yep you are probably right as that team has had our number since Spurrier got to UF as coach. Spurrier and Zook went 0-3 at Miss St and we are only 6-4 against them in those years including that home loss in 2010.

Add to that Miss State having a QB that can play some unlike Franks and its a likely loss for sure I would think.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
So why is our first year coach at a huge disadvantage against their first year coach?

Are we no better than South Alabama?

Because our first year coach did the right thing and left his previous program in great shape. Pretty simple.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
Yep you are probably right as that team has had our number since Spurrier got to UF as coach. Spurrier and Zook went 0-3 at Miss St and we are only 6-4 against them in those years including that home loss in 2010.

Add to that Miss State having a QB that can play some unlike Franks and its a likely loss for sure I would think.

Miss State is about as loaded as any Miss State team ever will be. They return 17 or 18 starters off of a 9-4 team. Moorehead is a solid coach, who turned Fordham of all teams into a winner....and saved James Franklin's ass at Penn State, turning their offense into a powerhouse. Plus it's at Starkville, not only do the players want to beat their former coach the fans will be fired up. My guess is it's a night game too.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Because our first year coach did the right thing and left his previous program in great shape. Pretty simple.
Their QB is Trash. No offense and they have no talent on a defense that was known for getting blown out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator