Top Gun 30 years later

Gatordiddy

Member in good standing
Lifetime Member
Jul 23, 2014
admit it ... most of you, including me, were thinking "damn...Cruise is kind of a bad ass in this movie" and... "I'd totally get on Kelly McGillis - she'll be hot for decades to come".

This person just saw it for the first time - kind of a funny take on the flick:

http://www.usatoday.com/story/life/...ching-top-gun-first-time-tom-cruise/84456662/

speaking of the Danger Zone:

archer-danger-zone-video.jpg

AlexDaGator

Founding Member
The Hammer of Thor
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
I don't know why, but Patriot kept referring to it as "that volleyball movie".

Alex.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
That movie caused me to go the Air Force recruiting office. They were closed so I went back to work. Oh what could've been.
You must have been thinking about that Van Halen video for Higher and that Air Force Top Gun fighter movie that never made it.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Nah, there was another. Never made it to the big screen though. The Higher video has cuts of it, if you can stand listening to Van Hagar.

Gatorbreath

Founding Member
The original "Breath" of the GCMB.
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I can honestly say I've never seen "Top Gun". I've never seen "ET", either. Not sure why, just never did.

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
top gun was awesome, cruise and kilmer were excellent in it. Kelly mcgillis was an amazon then and definitely is now, never understood her casting. Goose was hilarious.

Delg8tor

Founding Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Top gun is awesome! If you're going to watch it though you cannot watch a network version with commercials because they cut out two of the most important scenes in my opinion. I've never understood why but for some reason they always cut out the volleyball scene and the scene where Goose and Maverick and Meg Ryan Are sitting at the bar and Goose is playing the piano and singing Great Balls of Fire and Meg calls him a stud and tells him to take her to bed or lose her forever.
Not sure why but th y always cut those two particular scenes and it pisses me off.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.