Top Transfers

Theologator

Enchanter
Lifetime Member
Aug 11, 2015
Why even go there?

I’ve got a reflexive bias against transfers which I’m trying to reconcile with my encouragement about our new WRs. History doesn’t show much coming our way in offensive skill positions. Just got thinking about the other direction.

But it seems to me this is a different era. It’s more common and more guys are having an impact with their new teams. I have no data to back that up.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Ryan Smith transferred from Utah to UF and had like 8 INTs in his only season here
He was a terrible CB. It's why everyone threw his way. We covered for him as much as we could, I having both safeties and the other corner deep on a cover 3, kept him in zone mostly.

That being said, despite being too slow, too weak for the WAC (according to Creyer) much less the SEC, he actually played smart (was always in position and knew how to get away with holds the refs couldn't see especially) and got a lot from his limited God given talent.

I don't think he made it past the first cut at NFL camp his first season.

Jbossgator8

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
So Ryan Smith was Terrible cause he LED the SEC in INTs AND WON a NATIONAL TITLE??!! LOLOLOL OMG. He was an AMAZING player for us at UF. He was ALWAYS in position to make plays. What is next Donkey?? Tebow a terrible player?? Wuerffel? Spurrier a horrible coach too?? LOLOLOL

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
So Ryan Smith was Terrible
Jeezus. Stuck to owning and destroying and macking and babicking, baby doll. Im not surprised, as drunk as you are, but you dont know a thing about football sober or not.

Ryan Smith lost his job at Utah bc he sucked. He got cut in the first WEEK at NFL camp bc he sucked. Really, his only strength was being slightly better than Wondy (OMG what a disaster). He has that going for him.

I know all you can do is look at stats. You should stick to that.

Last edited:

SeabeeGator

Lifetime Member
Jan 2, 2018
Typical transfers are guys who a) got beat out and want to start fresh, b) got in trouble and need a landing place, or c) are grad transfers who may or may not be good but want to go to a more high profile school to boost whatever draft stock they might have or think they have. Our two transfers don’t fit those categories: one is a highly talented kid moving closer to home because of a sick parent and the other is a proven SEC performer who is bailing on a terrible situation caused by Things outside his control. I have high hopes that these guys will pan out better than a typical transfer.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator