Toxic culture of Maryland football; Durkin placed on leave

Marine1

Semper Fidelis
Dec 20, 2015
In USMC boot camp there are times after certain evolutions throughout the training day where recruits are ordered to draw canteens and drink until told to stop. You will drink as ordered or you better be prepared to swallow the canteen itself.

Absolutely no excuse for failure to hydrate your troops or athletes. Period. This is not millennial or snowflake BS. It’s science...and common sense.

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
In USMC boot camp there are times after certain evolutions throughout the training day where recruits are ordered to draw canteens and drink until told to stop. You will drink as ordered or you better be prepared to swallow the canteen itself.

Absolutely no excuse for failure to hydrate your troops or athletes. Period. This is not millennial or snowflake BS. It’s science...and common sense.

Well said, but if I may, this Is America, where common sense is not so common. If the little device that people hold onto in their hand does not tell them what to do 24/7. then 99.9% of society has no idea what to do. Sad but true.

SeabeeGator

Lifetime Member
Jan 2, 2018

I’m currently deployed to the ME. Just arrived a few weeks ago. The acclimation process has been rough but my SEL and I have absolutely drilled water and taking breaks. Totally inexcusable to push someone until they drop, especially when its so easily preventable.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
I agree with the hydration stuff - that’s literally a life or death issue. It’s the “he humiliated me” crapola that is becoming the new thing in football with this wussie generation. It started with Jonathan Martin, the biggest pansy I have ever seen put on pads.

If you can’t handle it, quit the team.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I agree with the hydration stuff - that’s literally a life or death issue.
I agree re "humiliated" me. Or even the "he pushed me and told me to get back in the drill" instead of running off. If you cant handle that you need to be playing soccer.

Hydration problems is fvkking stupid. Brains dont function well under severe dehydration. Practice DOESNT make perfect. PERFECT practice makes perfect. You only get a very rigid 20ish hours of practice now. You want your people understanding as much as possible.

Last edited:

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
I agree with the hydration stuff - that’s literally a life or death issue. It’s the “he humiliated me” crapola that is becoming the new thing in football with this wussie generation. It started with Jonathan Martin, the biggest pansy I have ever seen put on pads.

If you can’t handle it, quit the team.
Lots of ways to motivate kids without doing sh*t like that. Not everything is a masculinity contest.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Wow, anyone these days can throw out any allegation they wish and instantly destroy someone's career. It's a slippery slope.

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Wow, anyone these days can throw out any allegation they wish and instantly destroy someone's career. It's a slippery slope.
Really though? Cause I’m pretty sure this information has come from multiple sources and is pretty easily corroborated by a lot more people.

gatormandan

Are we back yet?
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2014
Really though? Cause I’m pretty sure this information has come from multiple sources and is pretty easily corroborated by a lot more people.

What Ox said is still fact. Not really sure it applies to this particular case or not but true none the less.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator