Traeger

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by NVGator, Nov 21, 2017.

1. NVGator

NVGator Member
    Lifetime Member

Oxbucks:
    $314
    Ratings:
    +4,134 / -92
    Anyone got one? Pros? Cons?

I didn't want this lost in the BBQ thread but I'm seriously looking to invest in one. They're running a great price for Thanksgiving.

2. crosscreekcooter

crosscreekcooter Cunning Linguist

Oxbucks:
    $154
    Ratings:
    +4,258 / -6
    I have never used a pellet smoker.
    but before you buy an offset smoker, there are numerous models on the market that are really inefficient, most of them are cheaper smokers like the offset i have (charmglo). i realize the traeger is a quality unit. If i had it to do over again, i wouldn't have gotten the charmglo.. there are numerous forums with numerous threads about how to modify them to perform better. I have done the mods and still dont like it. Again im sure the traeger has no problems but it better to go into that knowing as much a you can.
    I'm old school . I grill and smoke everything on a 30 year old weber 22" dome grill. It aint sexy but cooks and smokes like a bytch.
    heres one link on modifications

https://amazingribs.com/more-techni...-firing/offset-smoker-and-barrel-smoker-setup