Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
"Will Muschamp could blow humanity's winning streak over smallpox." :lol:

TallyGator

Founding Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
:hehehe:

Those videos bring tears to my eyes remembering what an offense at Florida used to look like. I recall Wuerful having a sort of rough start at Florida...but he worked, grew up, and became a winner. An example we expect others to follow...or get out of the way for the next guy.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Kind of related - have we dropped this low to people now ? This NFL Draft prediction site write up on Bama's safety Collins

http://walterfootball.com/scoutingre...15lcollins.php

2014 Season Outlook: As usual, Alabama will see a strong set of teams in the SEC. Florida is the first team that could provide a test for Collins, but the Gators don't have elite talent. In early October, Ole Miss will send a tough opponent Collins' direction in the form of sophomore receiver Laquan Treadwell. Treadwell could be one of the best receivers in the SEC this season.

Texas A&M and LSU have had good passing attacks the past two years, but both teams have lost their starting quarterbacks and best receiving weapons. Still, each opponent could provide a challenge for Collins. There also could be talented receivers who face Collins when Tennessee visits Alabama.

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
He said Driskel was a senior......I wish

playzwtrux

Founding Member
Wait,... what?
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
alcoholica;n53491 said:
He said Driskel was a senior......I wish

That is based on academics. He is not the only one to refer to him as a senior, i think they did on the game telecast too.

CGgater

Gainesville Native
Lifetime Member
Jul 30, 2014
Well, until UF proves it on the field against a quality opponent, there's no reason to argue with most that's been said about us.

Watched the Danny Boy highlights. Those were amazing times. I wonder if Danny would consider coaching at UF (kidding... but not really).

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I'm glad they're hearing how much better they are than us and how bad our offense is. It's like Tom luginbil said today Florida is one of the few teams that has as much talent and athletes as bama. I don't think anyone not wearing Orange and blue glasses thinks Florida is gonna win but he's gotta a point . And I hope they are overlooking us.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
t-gator said:
I'm glad they're hearing how much better they are than us and how bad our offense is. It's like Tom luginbil said today Florida is one of the few teams that has as much talent and athletes as bama. I don't think anyone not wearing Orange and blue glasses thinks Florida is gonna win but he's gotta a point . And I hope they are overlooking us.
If that is even close to being true then Muschamp has no excuses. He is the one starting Driskel.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
-THE DUDE-;n53689 said:
they have a nice article on Hargreaves and his matchup with Cooper on there as well

http://www.rollbamaroll.com/2014/9/17/6234771/who-in-the-heck-is-vernon-hargreaves-iii

If VH3 does play Cooper man most of the game I wouldn't be expecting something close to a shutout. Some of those shorter passes are hard to defend for any CB and Cooper is pretty big and its hard for a smaller CB to always stop the completion if the ball is thrown high just due to the size of the WR no matter how good the coverage is.

-THE DUDE-

Founding Member
This is the year!!!
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Gator Fever;n53696 said:
If VH3 does play Cooper man most of the game I wouldn't be expecting something close to a shutout. Some of those shorter passes are hard to defend for any CB and Cooper is pretty big and its hard for a smaller CB to always stop the completion if the ball is thrown high just due to the size of the WR no matter how good the coverage is.
Hargreaves isn't that small of a CB...and he's a hell of a tackler. Cooper won't be getting near the yac that he has become accustomed to. Cooper will make his plays but so with VHIII. Im actually more worried about their other playmakers stepping up and of course you know...their running game.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
-THE DUDE-;n53700 said:
Hargreaves isn't that small of a CB...and he's a hell of a tackler. Cooper won't be getting near the yac that he has become accustomed to. Cooper will make his plays but so with VHIII. Im actually more worried about their other playmakers stepping up and of course you know...their running game.

Me too on the other players for Bama- I think if VH3 stays 1 on 1 with Cooper most of the game and Cooper is kept to about 70 yards he will have done a great job.

ATXGator

Founding Member
Austin Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Gator Fever said:
Kind of related - have we dropped this low to people now ? This NFL Draft prediction site write up on Bama's safety Collins

http://walterfootball.com/scoutingre...15lcollins.php

2014 Season Outlook: As usual, Alabama will see a strong set of teams in the SEC. Florida is the first team that could provide a test for Collins, but the Gators don't have elite talent. In early October, Ole Miss will send a tough opponent Collins' direction in the form of sophomore receiver Laquan Treadwell. Treadwell could be one of the best receivers in the SEC this season.

Texas A&M and LSU have had good passing attacks the past two years, but both teams have lost their starting quarterbacks and best receiving weapons. Still, each opponent could provide a challenge for Collins. There also could be talented receivers who face Collins when Tennessee visits Alabama.
This does look like it was written before the emergence of Robinson last week

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
Our O managed 20 points (in regulation) vs. UK's defense. So, yes, this is a fair assessment. Agree w/ CGgator, we need to prove it on the field!

GMDGator

Founding Member
Slick Willie - RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 15, 2014
Founding Member
The LSU team that won their last national championship lost in triple OT to Kentucky... It is never as bad as we want to make it out to be...

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.