Trap game tomorrow night?

ATXGator

Founding Member
Austin Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
The basketball team has been playing at a very high level lately capped off by destroying UK Saturday night. Is anybody else worried that they may get over confident and lose focus going into Athens tomorrow? Georgia is not a bad team and we struggled with them at home. They almost beat UK last week. This is a huge game for Georgia.

I am hoping our boys keep their focus and continue playing at a high level. This one already has me worried.

maheo30

WiLLLLLLLie! WiLLLLLLLie!
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
I was thinking the same thing. A lot of focus and emotion was poured into that win. Many teams have letdowns after big wins. Hopefully White has them ready.

MidwestChomp

Fun was the goal and we hit the bullseye
Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2014
Thurs-Sat-Tues, with the Tues game on the road. Who the hell schedules this sh*t?

We always seem to get screwed with scheduling. Even Billy D brought it up, but it hasn't changed.

On to the game. Georgia is a tough physical team. They played 2 road games last week and played well. Since losing to Vandy, White has these guys firing on all cylinders, but Georgia will be ready.

LeeForThree

Let It Fly
Lifetime Member
Aug 12, 2014
Not necessarily a trap game. Maybe a gassed out/letdown game. We were so pumped for the UK game, somehow we have to match that. If not, this could be a loss, but, it could have been a loss regardless of when the game was played. Georgia is a good team with 2 really good players that can dominate any team in the country. We have to play some inspired defense again

Double Gator Dad

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I agree that this is a watch out.
Although the team is playing with better focus, they were lucky to beat Georgia a couple of weeks ago.

Three games in six days, a talented opponent on the road, SEC officiating that seems to get worse each year, but other than that I don't see any reason for concern......

LagoonGator68

Founding Member
mostly peaceful protester
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
They just gave us all we could take at our place. They may beat us at theirs, but it won't be a trap game....

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
We need this game if we want to win the SEC and get a 2 seed.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
This one will be closer but I think we'll win it.

CU-UF

Meh
Lifetime Member
Aug 31, 2014
Definitely a challenging game. If Georgia wants to play for Fox, they have to win this game. I expect a jacked crowd and team. We are going to have our hands full

TLB

Just chillin'
Lifetime Member
Jan 6, 2015
I'm ok with a hard fought loss where we ran out of gas. I will not be ok with a 'barely enough to win' performance. Team needs to understand that life is hard, and how you respond is what defines you. Beating KY was a great win, but it's behind you now. UGA is in your face, how do you respond?

My reason for accepting a close loss given the right performance is that the team would mentally be where it needs to be for SEC/NCAA tourney runs. In those, the bye time and scheduling evens out physical effects to where the mentally tougher team prevails. It can be a teaching moment before tourneys begin. However, I would of course be happiest with a focused performance that brings a win.

Jbossgator8

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Another quick turnaround on the road so yes this will be a tough game. UGA had us beat a few weeks ago so they will be confident. Gotta keep playing hard like we have been. Go Gators!!

InstiGATOR1

Lifetime Member
Mar 27, 2016
The basketball team has been playing at a very high level lately capped off by destroying UK Saturday night. Is anybody else worried that they may get over confident and lose focus going into Athens tomorrow? Georgia is not a bad team and we struggled with them at home. They almost beat UK last week. This is a huge game for Georgia.

I am hoping our boys keep their focus and continue playing at a high level. This one already has me worried.

This should NOT be a trap game. This is a tough conference game against a good conference team that is on the road. This team should know it will take their best effort to win. This team should know that this is a game that a team like UF can easily lose.

ATXGator

Founding Member
Austin Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
This should NOT be a trap game. This is a tough conference game against a good conference team that is on the road. This team should know it will take their best effort to win. This team should know that this is a game that a team like UF can easily lose.

They should, but in my opinion a trap game has to be against a team that can beat you. Maybe it isn't a trap game, but a let down game... Overall... it is just a game that makes me worried. I think we can easily lose this one.

InstiGATOR1

Lifetime Member
Mar 27, 2016
They should, but in my opinion a trap game has to be against a team that can beat you. Maybe it isn't a trap game, but a let down game... Overall... it is just a game that makes me worried. I think we can easily lose this one.

A trap game is one you should win between two big games. UF's last game, UK, qualifies, but UF's next game after UGa, aTm does not. So UGa is technically not a trap game, but maybe it is potentially a let down game.

aka

Founding Member
I Deliver
Lifetime Member
Jun 22, 2014
Founding Member
bc961776359412e11333b53a66293806.jpg

GatorStud

Founding Member
Score Points, Be Happy
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
better outcomes when the D portion shows up...

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.