Trask versus Franks update

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
It looks like Franks is wiping the floor with him. Seem Le so with comments from Nuss.

Unfortunately, it looks like Del Rio will be in the mix for the starting job next season.

Regarding Trask: “Talking about Kyle, every day he goes out, every snap is a new adventure because he doesn’t have the library of snaps of some of the other guys that have played a lot of snaps in high school.

Regarding Franks: And Feleipe, you’re talking about a guy, ultra talented that came in and we threw a lot him early and he’s really, really learned how to prepare and how to take the offense and take the tools we’re giving him and now apply them to the field.”

https://www.seccountry.com/florida/reasons-offensive-optimism-florida-gators-2017

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
Well if Nuss said it, it must be true! The QB guru has spoken!

In all honesty, I could not possibly care less which one it is. All I want is a competent QB.

PS- gtho with the LDR talk. If he's starting next year there will be a revolt.

Marianna-FL_Gator

#GangGang
Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2014
It looks like Franks is wiping the floor with him. Seem Le so with comments from Nuss.

Unfortunately, it looks like Del Rio will be in the mix for the starting job next season.

Regarding Trask: “Talking about Kyle, every day he goes out, every snap is a new adventure because he doesn’t have the library of snaps of some of the other guys that have played a lot of snaps in high school.

Regarding Franks: And Feleipe, you’re talking about a guy, ultra talented that came in and we threw a lot him early and he’s really, really learned how to prepare and how to take the offense and take the tools we’re giving him and now apply them to the field.”

https://www.seccountry.com/florida/reasons-offensive-optimism-florida-gators-2017
Yeah...thsee are the guys who cut Grier loose in favor of the limped armed Del-Taco. I have zero confidence in anything they say or do at this point but I hope they are right this time because our program desperately needs them to be!

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Coachspeak, we wont know till the michigan game next year barring injury and we might not even know after the game.

It's Coach speak that Trask is all over the place because he has had no experience at the high school level?

Or is it coach speak that Franks could've played this year but wasn't quite ready?

gatormandan

Are we back yet?
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2014
Franks was a 4 star and should easily beat out the rest of these guys. If LDR takes another snap someone should absolutely be fired.

gators4224

Apr 30, 2016
It's Coach speak that Trask is all over the place because he has had no experience at the high school level?

Or is it coach speak that Franks could've played this year but wasn't quite ready?
No no no, you misinterpreted my point. It could be coachspeak that NUSS is seemingly elevating Franks while downplaying Trask when in actuality (you and me both dont know) Trask could be in the lead.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
No no no, you misinterpreted my point. It could be coachspeak that NUSS is seemingly elevating Franks while downplaying Trask when in actuality (you and me both dont know) Trask could be in the lead.

Could be. But that's pretty specific. Normally coach speak is vague and meandering. Mac is phenomenal at it.

InstiGATOR1

Lifetime Member
Mar 27, 2016
Coachspeak, we wont know till the michigan game next year barring injury and we might not even know after the game.

Exactly. If Trask is ahead of Franks, Franks likely leaves. So no UF coach with a brain is going to say that. If Franks is ahead of Trask, no big deal.

maheo30

WiLLLLLLLie! WiLLLLLLLie!
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
It doesn't matter who it will be, this staff will ruin him.

ChiefGator

A Chief and a Gator, Master of the Ignore list!!!!
Lifetime Member
Nov 9, 2015
Yes unless I read incorrectly they are basically even, that might be coach talk.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member

I didn't like Nuss saying the other day Trask picks things up so quickly for a QB. I think it was code for Franks is still struggling upstairs. I hope we don't have another Driskel on our hands.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member

:whistle:

What? A first rounder DB picked off a freshman QB? Color me shocked.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    fishermb