Trask versus Franks update

Slug

I fcuking hate people.
Lifetime Member
Jul 2, 2014
I heard Brantley was throwing darts at practice.

CGgater

Gainesville Native
Lifetime Member
Jul 30, 2014
Yeah...thsee are the guys who cut Grier loose in favor of the limped armed Del-Taco. I have zero confidence in anything they say or do at this point but I hope they are right this time because our program desperately needs them to be!

I hated to lose Grier, but some of you act like Mac got rid of a perfectly good QB without just cause. I suppose you think Mac doesn't want to win?

Marianna-FL_Gator

#GangGang
Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2014
I hated to lose Grier, but some of you act like Mac got rid of a perfectly good QB without just cause. I suppose you think Mac doesn't want to win?
I think he does but several stupid decisions (by him) has set us back. Letting Grier leave was the biggest. He needed help and instead of trying to get him help he booted his a$$!

CGgater

Gainesville Native
Lifetime Member
Jul 30, 2014
I think he does but several stupid decisions (by him) has set us back. Letting Grier leave was the biggest. He needed help and instead of trying to get him help he booted his a$$!

He kept AC, Cleveland and Wells, so he doesn't toss out every kid who gets in trouble... Maybe WG didn't have the right attitude to make Mac feel good about keeping him in the locker room or on the field. We'll never know the real story, regardless of what Mac's or Grier's version of the story may be.

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
We'll never know the real story, regardless of what Mac's or Grier's version of the story may be.
I've pretty much ben told Grier was run off to clear the path for LDR to be the starter....Sometimes in the coaching profession you can find a safe place to land down the road by helping another coaches son out.....

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I heard Brantley was throwing darts at practice.
GA's at the time said that Meyer ruined Brantley by making run the spread option like Tebow, and if he had played in a pro style system, he'd been perfectly fine.

CGgater

Gainesville Native
Lifetime Member
Jul 30, 2014
I've pretty much ben told Grier was run off to clear the path for LDR to be the starter....Sometimes in the coaching profession you can find a safe place to land down the road by helping another coaches son out.....

I don't know who your contacts are, but if true... that's just stupid.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Sometimes in the coaching profession you can find a safe place to land down the road by helping another coaches son out.....
Butter's going to need a job soon.

The drop off AA to Franks is pretty steep, unfortunately. Trash and Allen are walkon level. We'd better be praying we pull a rabbit out of our hats with a transfer and Stidham was the only talented one available.

Last edited:

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Hey, at least Franks has mastered that good QB trait of spreading the ball around. :confused:

KronoGator

Aug 28, 2014
Mac will never have to work another day in his life after UF pays him off, I don't think he's setting up his next job.

GatorAuthor

Bringing Prestige Worldwide
Feb 24, 2016
Yeah, bc no coach wants too many good QBs in the stable. Whoever told you that was wrong.

divits

Founding Member
A Muffin of the Studly Variety
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I'm jealous of USC's quarterback. Redshirt freshman throws for over 500 yards and looks cool as a cucumber doing it. Imagine how different things would be on all fronts if the Gators could just find a good QB.

BNAG8R

Founding Member
I don’t care
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
I'm jealous of USC's quarterback. Redshirt freshman throws for over 500 yards and looks cool as a cucumber doing it. Imagine how different things would be on all fronts if the Gators could just find a good QB.

Am I the only one that thought he looks like Jason Bourne?

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Mac will never have to work another day in his life after UF pays him off, I don't think he's setting up his next job.
Most of those guys just aren't wired that way, but Butters does seem lazy enough just to retire.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.