Trask versus Franks update

InstiGATOR1

Lifetime Member
Mar 27, 2016
I'm jealous of USC's quarterback. Redshirt freshman throws for over 500 yards and looks cool as a cucumber doing it. Imagine how different things would be on all fronts if the Gators could just find a good QB.

UF has good experienced RBs coming back, some experienced good WRs coming back and experienced OL that has made improvements coming back. UF has had excellent QB play from red shirt FR under these circumstance in the past including a walkon in Kerwin Bell, Wuerffel, etc. No reason for UF not to have a really good offense next year.

InstiGATOR1

Lifetime Member
Mar 27, 2016
So if it looks the same, you won't be pumping and making excuses?

I have not been pumping nor making excuses this year either. I am in jury is out crowd on McElwain, but I know Muschamp was fired because UF's offense was not good enough and it has been no better under McElwain.

I bought the Treon excuse for the second half of his first year. I do not buy any excuse for this year. Either Del Twitter should have been better or McElwain should not have even taken him. He should have gone with Appleby who has some tools and coached him up. Pell would have. Meyer would have. Spurrier certainly would have. None of them would have made him great, but he has the tools to be better than UF was.

Where you and I differ is I do not fall in your recruiting is everything view. It is foolish. Any UF fan who has followed UF for any length of time should know better.

oxking

Founding Member
Pops
Lifetime Member
Jun 23, 2014
Founding Member
It's Coach speak that Trask is all over the place because he has had no experience at the high school level?

Or is it coach speak that Franks could've played this year but wasn't quite ready?
One of them should have played this year because neither Luke or AA were ready. Neither Frosh would have done worse than those two and would have gained experience.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Not sure about Franks. I think he needed a year of learning to have any chance to succeed.

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
No way Del Taco should take another snap for UF. This has to be Franks or even Trask. That will tell me all I need to know about Mac.

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
Yeah, bc no coach wants too many good QBs in the stable. Whoever told you that was wrong.
I'm not sure I trust your husbands judgement on what is a good QB, Mrs Butters.....Since taking over he's managed to run off a 4-5 star who won games......He then served us up a misplaced Midget WR, a noodle arm 3 time transfer, a guy who got benched at Purdue for throwing too many int's. Then there's the 2 we've recruited, one who hasn't saw meaningful downs since Middle School and the other appears to be color blind at best or possibly the most inaccurate QB ever....At least this next year will give us a guy who will take a minimum of 3 years to get on the field.....SMH

Last edited:

GatorAuthor

Bringing Prestige Worldwide
Feb 24, 2016
I have not been pumping nor making excuses this year either. I am in jury is out crowd on McElwain, but I know Muschamp was fired because UF's offense was not good enough and it has been no better under McElwain.

I bought the Treon excuse for the second half of his first year. I do not buy any excuse for this year. Either Del Twitter should have been better or McElwain should not have even taken him. He should have gone with Appleby who has some tools and coached him up. Pell would have. Meyer would have. Spurrier certainly would have. None of them would have made him great, but he has the tools to be better than UF was.

Where you and I differ is I do not fall in your recruiting is everything view. It is foolish. Any UF fan who has followed UF for any length of time should know better.
Treon was awful, not an excuse. AA is better but just not a quality college QB as his track record proves. Appreciate his contributing at UF this year, though. LDR was inexperienced at beginning of the year and had 2 significant injuries (can't deny that). Wouldn't be surprised if LDR wins the QB competition in 2017 but also wouldn't be surprised if Franks, Trask or Allen does. Competition is good.

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Ox's Former Favorite Poster
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Treon was awful, not an excuse. AA is better but just not a quality college QB as his track record proves. Appreciate his contributing at UF this year, though. LDR was inexperienced at beginning of the year and had 2 significant injuries (can't deny that). Wouldn't be surprised if LDR wins the QB competition in 2017 but also wouldn't be surprised if Franks, Trask or Allen does. Competition is good.

get-out.gif

gatormandan

Are we back yet?
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2014
How would you feel if you found out he wanted to come back but was told he wasn't wanted?

The kid blew his chance. Not Mac, not me, not anyone else. Its blatantly obvious that he and his dad were wanting promises. No HC should allow a kid to determine the future of the program. His daddy likely said give us a guarantee or he transfers....bye bye.

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
Crete, you are a broken record at this point. Nobody actually knows what really happened, no matter what your "booster friend" says. What we do know is that Grier screwed up big time, which is on him and nobody else.

Can we just move on from this?

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
I'm jealous of USC's quarterback. Redshirt freshman throws for over 500 yards and looks cool as a cucumber doing it. Imagine how different things would be on all fronts if the Gators could just find a good QB.
Yeah last night was the first time I had a chance to see him play, and I was super impressed. I guess he took over after the 1-2 start, lost his first start, and hasn't lost since. A great QB makes all the difference.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.