NoGaGator

Lifetime Member
Aug 11, 2014
Pick on someone else to hammer instead of a kid who's a Gator and hasn't even yet had a chance. His mechanics and physical makeup were enough for the staff to offer him. His HS ran a run-first spread. He would've had to sit out a year in TX if he transferred. Granted he has no experience but he also has no bad habits with apparently flawless mechanics. He'll have excellent coaching to develop him if he hasthe aptitude and savvy to progress quickly.

As said, Paxton Lynch was a 2* right under UF's nose and they passed. Now after his JR year at a college outlier program, he's a late 1st or early 2nd round pick.

Imagine UF last year with Paxton at QB. They would've been awesome. Then again, nobody from the previous staffs would have developed him. Look at Driskel after he got out of here - acquitted himself well with a clean slate.

Nuss and Mac will provide great coaching for the kid (Franks as well). Just let it play out and give it a chance.

Last edited:

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
:scratchhead: So to avoid sitting out a year and then starting for 3. He stayed where he was at and sat out 4 years. Got it! Makes perfect sense.
Just saying what I've read and heard on Spivey's podcast

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
:scratchhead: So to avoid sitting out a year and then starting for 3. He stayed where he was at and sat out 4 years. Got it! Makes perfect sense.
Youre wasting your time. I swear some of these people would choke down a shyt sandwich and swear it was steak.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Pick on someone else to hammer instead of a kid who's a Gator and hasn't even yet had a chance. His mechanics and physical makeup were enough for the staff to offer him. His HS ran a run-first spread. He would've had to sit out a year in TX if he transferred. Granted he has no experience but he also has no bad habits with apparently flawless mechanics. He'll have excellent coaching to develop him if he hasthe aptitude and savvy to progress quickly.

As said, Paxton Lynch was a 2* right under UF's nose and they passed. Now after his JR year at a college outlier program, he's a late 1st or early 2nd round pick.

Imagine UF last year with Paxton at QB. They would've been awesome.
Paxton Lynch was like 5-20 with under a hundred yards the first time he played a real team.

That being said, PAXTON LYNCH WAS A STARTING QB IN HS AND AN HONORABLE MENTIIN ALL STATE PLAYER. You asswipes find some QB who NEVER ****ING PLAYED SINCE MIDDLE SCHOOL who went on to star or even play major college football and we can talk.

EyeDocGator

Politically Incorrect
Lifetime Member
Oct 26, 2015
You asswipes find some QB who NEVER ****ING PLAYED SINCE MIDDLE SCHOOL who went on to star or even play major college football and we can talk.

I think we can agrees that Trask has some raw talent but lacks adequate game experience. But Law, it's not fair to say Trask hasn't played since middle school. He was backup to a 4* quarterback, but even though he did not start he did take snaps. Here are links to some highlight video, and he doesn't look bad. He may be a longshot, but stranger things have happened. Personally I'm rooting for him to succeed.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BXZlGtqzKTY

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
My guess is this is all about nothing....Spring ball fodder. Anyone remember when Urban used to tell us every spring that Robey was playing so well that he was pushing Pouncey for the starting center position...

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Paxton Lynch was like 5-20 with under a hundred yards the first time he played a real team.

That being said, PAXTON LYNCH WAS A STARTING QB IN HS AND AN HONORABLE MENTIIN ALL STATE PLAYER. You asswipes find some QB who NEVER ****ING PLAYED SINCE MIDDLE SCHOOL who went on to star or even play major college football and we can talk.
Trask!

aka

Founding Member
I Deliver
Lifetime Member
Jun 22, 2014
Founding Member

Exactly! Why would he want to play and screw up a chance to get a scholarship from Florida?

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
I think we can agrees that Trask has some raw talent but lacks adequate game experience. But Law, it's not fair to say Trask hasn't played since middle school. He was backup to a 4* quarterback, but even though he did not start he did take snaps. Here are links to some highlight video, and he doesn't look bad. He may be a longshot, but stranger things have happened. Personally I'm rooting for him to succeed.

Not gonna lie, but his senior film looks really good. Big kid with a a strong arm, I'm willing to see how this plays out.

I'm definitely rooting for the kid. Can you imagine if he somehow pans out? I think Law would be shamed into hiding.

aka

Founding Member
I Deliver
Lifetime Member
Jun 22, 2014
Founding Member
He actually kinda reminds me of Peyton, down to the happy feet.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Damn, half of his highlights are in practice lol

Fishon

Founding Member
BANNED
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
The need some of you exhibit to run down a KID (and UF student-athlete) is beyond mind-numbing. It's beyond pathetic. It defies description

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
Remember, this kid was taken early in the process and wasn't a last minute filler. Obviously the coaches saw something in him, and although it's close, I'd have to put my trust in Mac over Law.

lrtx1

Dec 2, 2014
That has to be some fancy video editing work there. The kid has never played organized football a day in his life.

Ancient Reptile

Mar 4, 2015
Question, and maybe there was rules against it but why wouldn't he transfer to another school in district. Happens all the time. You'd think he would WANT to start somewhere if he has talent. Something isn't making sense in that whole situation.
As I said, this is a very good point. I thought about it when I questioned your 1% estimate. I firmly believe that every successful qb is an intense competitor and wants desperately to play. This is the one thing that I feel could swing the probability argument in your favor. I hope the posters saying it is difficult to transfer in Texas are correct.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator