Founding Member
This guy basically says everything we all feel... and it is fantastic

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Kinda disturbing, the hate shown for a college student playing a sport. Maybe get behind him and support him? Things are hard enough on him as it is, he doesn't need Driskel levels of sh*t being rained down on him.

ATXGator

Founding Member
Austin Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
I get your point, but it was still funny and expresses the frustration we all have with Treon's play

stephenPE

Lifetime Member
Jul 20, 2014
People that hate on a player are one of the lowest forms of life especially a player from "their" team. There is no accounting for stupidity and hate. It is usually a person with low self esteem and ties their own self worth to a team......sad really.,

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
Remember Dan Werner? That was way worse than Driskel or Treon.

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Ox's Former Favorite Poster
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Are we allowed to say that Harris is not a good QB? Is that still PC?

:ugh:

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Are we allowed to say that Harris is not a good QB? Is that still PC?

:ugh:
It has nothing to do with "being PC" (which, by the way, is quickly becoming the most overused phrase in f*cking history). It has to do with being a decent human being. Just chill the f*ck out about it. He's been playing the quarterback position horribly for a college football team you root for. Is that really a good reason to spew hot garbage all over the place all the time? Reassess your life if you think it is.

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
It has nothing to do with "being PC" (which, by the way, is quickly becoming the most overused phrase in f*cking history). It has to do with being a decent human being. Just chill the f*ck out about it. He's been playing the quarterback position horribly for a college football team you root for. Is that really a good reason to spew hot garbage all over the place all the time? Reassess your life if you think it is.
I'm going to assume that when you say "you" you mean the general you.

So yes or no, we can or cannot acknowledge a bad player?

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
I'm going to assume that when you say "you" you mean the general you.

So yes or no, we can or cannot acknowledge a bad player?
F*cking christ. I said he was playing horribly, so what do you think? Please change your av to a brick wall.

Feel free to acknowledge the fact that he isn't playing well. It's an observation. People creepily go way over the line with it. They did it with Brantley, they did it with Driskel, and now they're doing it with Treon. Would you say any of the sh*t that's been said here to his face? To his parents' face?

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
I've said it before and I'll say it again, our fan base is as bad or worse than any other in the country. This site is loaded with folks that LOVE to bash our players. I've always felt the coaches were fair game since they're highly paid professionals, but the players shouldn't be called names and insulted constantly. Just my opinion and it's obviously not shared with the majority of the people here.

TheBoroGator

Newbiebutoldie
Sep 23, 2015
Treon has been accused of rape and caught smoking dope on more than one occasion. Its one thing to bash a good kid but treon is garbage on and off the field.

Chomper

Lifetime Member
Aug 5, 2014
People that hate on a player are one of the lowest forms of life especially a player from "their" team. There is no accounting for stupidity and hate. It is usually a person with low self esteem and ties their own self worth to a team......sad really.,

Nothing I can add to this. To bash a player who has put his heart and soul into something, worked hard and given his all, is simply despicable.

ufgator2002

Bleeds Orange and Blue
Aug 11, 2014
Wow, is this the new politically correct football now... You aren't allowed to criticize a player whom is playing awful?

ATXGator

Founding Member
Austin Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
I think there is a big difference between venting frustrations on a message board or FB post and saying it to somebody's face. That is part of what the message boards are around for. Like Ox always said.. this is therapy. We are all frustrated with Treon's play. I don't know of anybody who wishes harm on the kid.

I appreciate his effort and I think he goes out there and gives it all, but he isn't getting the job done and it is frustrating to watch that level of poor play on the Gators. He also has not gotten any better over the past 6 weeks which is frustrating also.

I didn't really hear any hate... I hear frustration and that is different. I think that is what we all feel. Is there anybody who isn't frustrated with Treon's play? I hear him complaining about Treon's ability at QB and talking about his frustration. He plays QB like an auto mechanic. He tells Treon to go play another position. He talks about him not seeing open WRs. Then he calls him a spice girl...

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
F*cking christ. I said he was playing horribly, so what do you think? Please change your av to a brick wall.

Feel free to acknowledge the fact that he isn't playing well. It's an observation. People creepily go way over the line with it. They did it with Brantley, they did it with Driskel, and now they're doing it with Treon. Would you say any of the sh*t that's been said here to his face? To his parents' face?

Hey man, settle down. I'm just trying to understand what we can and cannot say in this new world of "say this, but don't say that" since we can't call it PC anymore either :lmao:

Why are you so concerned about what anonymous people on the Internet say? It's not the end of the world man, really, it's not.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
I think there is a big difference between venting frustrations on a message board or FB post and saying it to somebody's face. That is part of what the message boards are around for. Like Ox always said.. this is therapy. We are all frustrated with Treon's play. I don't know of anybody who wishes harm on the kid.

I appreciate his effort and I think he goes out there and gives it all, but he isn't getting the job done and it is frustrating to watch that level of poor play on the Gators. He also has not gotten any better over the past 6 weeks which is frustrating also.

I didn't really hear any hate... I hear frustration and that is different. I think that is what we all feel. Is there anybody who isn't frustrated with Treon's play? I hear him complaining about Treon's ability at QB and talking about his frustration. He plays QB like an auto mechanic. He tells Treon to go play another position. He talks about him not seeing open WRs. Then he calls him a spice girl...
I guess you haven't been paying attention. I've seen several wish injury on him, say they flat out hate him, call him names, use racial slurs, etc.. What does that have to do with with being critical of his play in the field?

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I guess you haven't been paying attention. I've seen several wish injury on him, say they flat out hate him, call him names, use racial slurs, etc.. What does that have to do with with being critical of his play in the field?
I would say those things should be unacceptable. Though again, how many of those people were serious? To seriously wish those things, I agree, unacceptable.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator