Treon Harris Rant

L-boy

BANNED
Oct 16, 2014
Folks, this isn't high school football, it's the NCAA and specifically the SEC, where coaches are compensated in the millions and where athletes use their scholarships to hone their skills in what's essentially become the NFL's minor leagues.

I'm not one for using tasteless or vile monikers as a means to describe a player, but I think it's just as important to distinguish what college football has come to represent. This isn't your grandfather's leather-helmeted NCAA but rather a money-making machine involving public-figure athletes who in many instances see no wrong in using the social media (or mainstream media for that matter) to articulate their opinions. As such, the athletes have positioned themselves as not being above the criticism or even occasional harsh criticism of the fans.

I've never liked it when criticism of player gets too personal, but criticizing their play is fair game. It isn't rational being too critical of these kids, but when you get to it billions of dollars getting poured into college football and middle aged men living vicariously through these kids that isn't rational either. But that irrationality, passion and enthusiasm is what drives the amount of money that goes into it. If that weren't there, then neither would the benefits be there either.

lagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 9, 2014
Bump...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Why bother? Everything that can be said has been said. He's just not a good QB, never will be. He has one more game and hopefully can go out a winner. Then he should get some serious advice from his coaches telling him he either changes position or transfers.

NoGaGator

Lifetime Member
Aug 11, 2014
I could've sworn I just saw on the ESPN scrawl that he's transferring to be with the new USCe coach.

GatorTAG

Paid Member
Lifetime Member
Oct 21, 2014
I could've sworn I just saw on the ESPN scrawl that he's transferring to be with the new USCe coach.
He would do well there. I heard that coach likes to use the punter to establish field position.

Alagator

Founding Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Captain Sasquatch said: Or maybe just follow rule #1 in life. Don't be an assh*le.

That is it...

My golden rule for message boards: If you do not care for someones post, don't read or don't respond. Never ever post negative comments about a fellow Gator fan. Which is why, at our former home, my IGNORE list was damn full. So, when Mr. OX (aka Mr. jawja red vette) built us a new home, I promised myself to be more "open/tolerant" and to never use the IGONRE list.

... promise broken... Sasquat & MJM will be the first on my Gatorchatter IGNORE list (others will fallow, I'm sure)... Ox has built a great/fun place for Gator Nation to hang out but franky, some of you suck the joy out this place.

FYI maybe my frustration level has diminished my BS level... blame that on treon as well!

200_s.gif

It's been a awhile since I've revisited this thread so my memory may be fuzzy. But why are putting 'Squatch on the ignore list? From my recollection he was just defending our players and recruits pointing out that it's low class to "trash" them.?.?.?. There may have been some heated exchange between he and some grown men or women posters so maybe he resorted to name calling at them...idk... But I just thought his proposition of not routinely bashing teenagers was reasonable...

Alagator

Founding Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
So if I accuse you of rape tomorrow, that makes you a rapist? Pathetic reasoning. So you apparently think the oh so athlete protective GPD and UPD covered it up? You haven't lived around here very long if you think that.

Using your reasoning, Jameis has been unfairly treated. As I recall you've shown a lot of disgust for him.

Now I hate me some roofie rapeis winston but I'm just pointing out the double standard.

GatorStud

Founding Member
Score Points, Be Happy
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Watching Florida play Quarterback... for about 7 years now...

1010_guys-watching-scary-movie_sm.jpg

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
The resemblance is uncanny...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

williston_gator

Founding Member
Twitter junkie
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
@NickdelaTorreGC: Interesting note from @PFF regarding Treon Harris throwing the ball away. #Gators

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Well, that's no big surprise. Very interesting how few Grier threw away though. I would think that tells a pretty telling tale.

Tunaboat

4th & 34
Lifetime Member
Nov 22, 2015
The real problem has not been Treon, he's just a bad QB, one of many players in any sport who should be on the bench. The problem is he was on the field blowing the games, running scared, can't throw a 8-yard pass, no decision making skills, ditching the ball into the 10th row, taking sacks. It's the job of the coaches to try to generate a spark and possibly save a game, McElwain has never replaced him on the field and that is the fault of the coaching staff. Harris simply is not capable of being a good QB that isn't who he is. Would probably be better at an athlete position. Grier was kicked off a long time ago, and the coaches do not have anybody to play the position behind Harris? Harris can't play it either and it's the coaches' job to know that and develop other QBs that are on the bench. Saying we don't have anyone else is also saying we have no QB at all for the Florida Gators. With Harris we have zero offense, or close to it, a guaranteed loss against good competition. Does anyone think we will beat Michigan in the bowl game with Harris at QB? McElwain doesn't know this?

EyeDocGator

Politically Incorrect
Lifetime Member
Oct 26, 2015
The real problem has not been Treon, ... McElwain has never replaced him on the field and that is the fault of the coaching staff.

Mac became coach too late last year to recruit a better quarterback than Grady. He couldn't talk Driskel out ot transferring because Driskel couldn't face the thought of competition. Harris looked like he had potential last year as a true freshman. It isn't Mac's fault Grier screwed up. So now Mac finds that Treon can't play quarterback and Grady is even worse. Who would you have Mac use to replace Treon? There is no one. It's not Mac's fault. He is doing everything possible recruiting wise to make sure this can't happen again. If you feel the need to dump on someone use Muschamp; nobody will be upset. Mac is doing a great job so far. He gets a three year pass; this is only the end of year one.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
If Harris is a better Gator QB than our other QBs, then why did we waste scholarships
on them? For temp-QB borrow Egbunu from the basketball team... they're not using him. :confused:

Tunaboat

4th & 34
Lifetime Member
Nov 22, 2015
Mac became coach too late last year to recruit a better quarterback than Grady. He couldn't talk Driskel out ot transferring because Driskel couldn't face the thought of competition. Harris looked like he had potential last year as a true freshman. It isn't Mac's fault Grier screwed up. So now Mac finds that Treon can't play quarterback and Grady is even worse. Who would you have Mac use to replace Treon? There is no one. It's not Mac's fault. He is doing everything possible recruiting wise to make sure this can't happen again. If you feel the need to dump on someone use Muschamp; nobody will be upset. Mac is doing a great job so far. He gets a three year pass; this is only the end of year one.

Grady is even worse? Based on what? Why are you so sure Grady could not produce any offense at all? We have not seen Grady on the field. Are you satisfied with the current zero-offense situation we have? You never know how players will respond until you put them under the lights. We know what Harris will do - and that is close to nothing. And there are no others? We do have others taking up roster spots with the QB tag. You can say Mac gets a pass, and he does, but if Harris had been benched for poor play as he should have been this thread would not be necessary.

And stick with the present please. Muschamp is a fading bad memory. If you're getting upset grow thicker skin.

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
He gets a three year pass; this is only the end of year one.
No one and I mean no one gets a 3 year pass in all of CFB these days, let alone a major program like UF. Foley's 4 year mistake has opened the eyes of AD's across the country to the damage of holding on too long.....
While it's not Macs fault due to the personnel that was in place this year, it is my opinion and a few others that he was slow and in fact never did anything to possibly help the offense generate yardage and help the defense by altering the offense. From the Vandy game on we saw the same exact defense in every game despite the color jersey we lined up against, in other words the scouting report on how to stop our offense was out. No it would not be possible to completely change our offense to something stupid like a Wishbone or such, but we saw Bama install and use a good amount of read option football to neutralize and take advantage our aggressive defense. In other words they attacked. We on the other hand had a guy who was better at running some read option offense and time after time ask him to do what he has proven he can't....be a pocket passer.
That said Mac should be fine for our program and I think we will be a 10 win program for the most part. What he needs though is to learn from the end of this year to become a 13,14 and 15 game a year winner.....Sometimes you have to make small changes to have the kind of seasons that leave banners hanging and trophy cases full...

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator