Treon Harris Rant

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
This has NOTHING to do with Grier. Grier could have been injured in the first game and we still would be in this position. Nobody is happy about what Grier did but Harris is supposed to be an SEC QB and was supposed to be able to play the game and he cant. Thats not Griers fault. It may be his fault Harris is playing but not his fault he sucks and has no emotion to give his team...
It's also not Treon's fault Grier is the only Gator player I can ever recall that failed an NCAA drug test and has been a constant distraction ever since. Treon isn't a good QB at this level. He was offered a scholarship and appears to be doing his best in a tough situation. Let shoot him while we we cheer on Grier in his struggle against the man. :deadnanner:

gatormandan

Are we back yet?
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2014
NOBODY that I know of is happy about Grier. Doesnt change what I said. Absolutely no excuse for Harris.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Nope, cant shoot him but we can bench him...
In a normal situation, I would be all for it. Unfortunately, we came into this season with exactly 2 options at QB one of those isn't even in town on game days. Doesn't leave many options, does it?

gatormandan

Are we back yet?
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2014
In a normal situation, I would be all for it. Unfortunately, we came into this season with exactly 2 options at QB one of those isn't even in town on game days. Doesn't leave many options, does it?

Sorry, I just cant buy that Grady cant complete a crossing route. I pray Harris does something to make me and untold thousands of others eat crow. I want a huge serving of crow.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Sorry, I just cant buy that Grady cant complete a crossing route. I pray Harris does something to make me and untold thousands of others eat crow. I want a huge serving of crow.
Grady has now played for two different teams and three different staffs. There's a reason he's not seen any action...even as bad as our situation is.

gatormandan

Are we back yet?
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2014
Grady has now played for two different teams and three different staffs. There's a reason he's not seen any action...even as bad as our situation is.

If your losing, there is no reason not to try him. If we got down 2 scores with Mich, do we not try him? If no, please explain why not. Its HIGHLY unlikely we come back with Harris anyhow...

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
If your losing, there is no reason not to try him. If we got down 2 scores with Mich, do we not try him? If no, please explain why not. Its HIGHLY unlikely we come back with Harris anyhow...
Obviously, he's not good enough to see the field. At least that appears to be the consensus under all three coaching staffs he's played for. I know many of you are smarter and more abreast of the situation than Mac and Nuss, so maybe you should try find and find a way to contact them directly instead of trying to convince us idiots that defer to them.

gatormandan

Are we back yet?
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2014
Obviously, he's not good enough to see the field. At least that appears to be the consensus under all three coaching staffs he's played for. I know many of you are smarter and more abreast of the situation than Mac and Nuss, so maybe you should try find and find a way to contact them directly instead of trying to convince us idiots that defer to them.

Nope, dont think so. I do however believe Mac is just trying to get thru the season with Harris without causing any dissension in the locker room. Next year there is no way Harris sees the field as a QB again.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Nope, dont think so. I do however believe Mac is just trying to get thru the season with Harris without causing any dissension in the locker room. Next year there is no way Harris sees the field as a QB again.
I don't think we can say that just yet. Need to see what the roster looks like. I hope we have better options to start the season and it appears we should, but you never know what will happen between now and then. Case in point, this season.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
If he's that effing bad then why the hell is he at Florida?

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
If he's that effing bad then why the hell is he at Florida?
I assume because we had like 20+ extra schollies and they knew we had no depth at QB. Hopefully, that changes in the next couple of years with some solid recruiting classes that will provide depth at places other than DB and DL. We found out this year that our QB, OL, PK and LB positions were basically one deep. We were also very limited at the RB position. Imagine if they hadn't landed Calloway what the WR spot would've looked like. Tough to overcome for any coaching staff as injuries/suspensions occurred.
Do you really think if a better option was available at QB, OL or PK they would've continued to trot those same guys out? I don't.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator