Treon Harris saved Muschamp's butt and

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I said Poor Man's. You know, like Trey Burton was the Poor Man's Tim Tebow.

In those cases they were very poor copies.

Okeechobee Joe

Lost Ball in High Grass
Lifetime Member
Oct 5, 2014
Bo Wallace is two quarterbacks: the Bad Bo and the Good Bo. The Bad Bo throws interceptions, has no pocket presence, gets sacked, and fumbles in the red zone. But the Good Bo threads the needle, throws a beautiful ball, and leads his team back to beat Alabama after being down 14 - 3 at half-time. Jeff Driskel is just the Bad Bo. I supported Driskel for as long as I could. I may be the last flea to jump off a dying dog, but I've jumped off.

jmskjrgator

Lifetime Member
Sep 9, 2014
We probably are rated number one in the country
in number of players injuried (almost none). We are
still rated 74th in total offense. Any stat relating to
offense, start looking from the bottom. You'll find
it quicker.

CaribGator

Founding Member
Snappy for Nappy
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
GatorInKnox;n70261 said:
I was honestly thinking the same thing today. But only if there are no reads. Just QB power plays.

Problem with that is it would become another Burton wildcat situation where everyone in the stadium knew who was going to run the ball and resulted in a loss of yardage or no gain.

GatorInKnox

Founding Member
The Sicilian
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
CaribGator;n70338 said:
Problem with that is it would become another Burton wildcat situation where everyone in the stadium knew who was going to run the ball and resulted in a loss of yardage or no gain.

I think in general the defense knows the offense is going to run the ball when they're in the wildcat. That's not specific to Trey Burton.

CaribGator

Founding Member
Snappy for Nappy
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
jmskjrgator;n70334 said:
We probably are rated number one in the country
in number of players injuried (almost none). We are
still rated 74th in total offense. Any stat relating to
offense, start looking from the bottom. You'll find
it quicker.

Throw out the EMU stats and we would probably average out where we've been in the WM era, in the 100's

Fishon

Founding Member
BANNED
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Gator Fever;n70283 said:
He always looks reluctant doing that to me. Watching Tebow and him doing those plays just makes you shake your head at the difference despite both being the same size basically.

Well sure, it's not really fair to compare any running QB to Tebow. The guy was on a different level. 2 years ago, Jeff was a much better runner and far less tentative than he is now. Whether the tentativeness is mental or coaching (or both) remains to be seen. It's obvious Jeff has the physical tools (has shown strong arm and great running in the past), but something's going on in his head. Either lack of confidence or too much thinking...hell I don't know.

I do know that he's had plenty of opportunity and now it's time to move on. It sucks for the kid, but life is full of disappointment

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Fishon;n70408 said:
Well sure, it's not really fair to compare any running QB to Tebow. The guy was on a different level. 2 years ago, Jeff was a much better runner and far less tentative than he is now. Whether the tentativeness is mental or coaching (or both) remains to be seen. It's obvious Jeff has the physical tools (has shown strong arm and great running in the past), but something's going on in his head. Either lack of confidence or too much thinking...hell I don't know.

I do know that he's had plenty of opportunity and now it's time to move on. It sucks for the kid, but life is full of disappointment

^^This

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Fishon;n70408 said:

I could name a bunch of others that are smaller than Driskel.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Gator Fever;n70416 said:
I could name a bunch of others that are smaller than Driskel.

What does size have to do with it. Tebow is smaller than Driskel. But Tebow was a next level runner especially in this Sophomore and Junior Seasons compared to Driskel. That's not really a knock against Driskel, but how special Tebow was as a runner.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator