Treon Harris suspended indefinitely - Accuser drops complaint

ATXGator

Founding Member
Austin Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
You don't cancel a press conference unless you are 1. Waiting to get more details and information to convey what is going on or 2. Trying to figure out the best public relations message around something bad.

The bottom line here is I hope everybody is safe and healthy first and foremost.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
All over Rivals now. Speculation on WM being done. Also something about potential big violations.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
There's been a sudden influx of traffic to the board. Word is getting around that something is up.

Bernardo de la Paz

Founding Member
Florida Victorious Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
soflagator;n70633 said:
All over Rivals now. Speculation on WM being done. Also something about potential big violations.

Big violations? If that's the case Muschamp is more inept than we could have imagined. The team certainly doesn't look like it is practicing or spending more time with the coaches than allowed and we're not exactly killing it at recruiting either.

Alagator

Founding Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
soflagator;n70620 said:
Outbreak among the team. Pittman apparently didn't catch it.

This just in. ALL UF receivers are safe. They are apparently immune to catching anything.

williston_gator

Founding Member
Twitter junkie
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I work with a guy that has a source (I know that sounds ridiculous) and neither of them even knew anything was up.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Bernardo de la Paz;n70640 said:
Big violations? If that's the case Muschamp is more inept than we could have imagined. The team certainly doesn't look like it is practicing or spending more time with the coaches than allowed and we're not exactly killing it at recruiting either.

My thoughts as well. If we are breaking rules to be where we're at, God help us.

williston_gator

Founding Member
Twitter junkie
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Hope it's just speculation running wild and not something horrible.

bayou gator

Lord I was born a shamblin' man...
Lifetime Member
Aug 30, 2014
ugh... the Gator faithful finally has the tiniest spark of hope, with Treon Harris as our possible new starter... and now we have to go through the grinder once again...

backstop13

Behind Enemy Lines
Lifetime Member
Sep 7, 2014
I don't even have the energy to talk smack to the inbred hillbillies I work with here in Knoxville after that horrid performance, and now I have a pit in my stomach waiting on this news. Surely, this news will suck as bad as the two teams that were on the field Saturday...

SavannahGator

Founding Member
Behind Enemy Lines
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Violations? REALLY? How many of you lived through 1983 (when they were hinted at), 1984 (when they were announced) and 1985 and 1986, when we suffered through it. Regardless of Muschamp's win-loss record, the one and only thing we could hang our hat on has been that he's been running the show on an up-and-up basis (way fewer arrests than under Urban, better GPAs, etc.). I'll even live with him being fired in mid-season rather than later, as long as it's not about violations.

Besides, Foley was on the sideline at the UT game near the end, and he was caught on camera being ecstatic after one of the plays (the strip fumble recovery?). I can't imagine he'd be firing Muschamp now.

bayou gator

Lord I was born a shamblin' man...
Lifetime Member
Aug 30, 2014
soflagator;n70644 said:
My thoughts as well. If we are breaking rules to be where we're at, God help us.

If so, maybe the NCAA will look at our current condition, and decide that we've been punished enough.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
SavannahGator;n70653 said:
Violations? REALLY? How many of you lived through 1983 (when they were hinted at), 1984 (when they were announced) and 1985 and 1986, when we suffered through it. Regardless of Muschamp's win-loss record, the one and only thing we could hang our hat on has been that he's been running the show on an up-and-up basis (way fewer arrests than under Urban, better GPAs, etc.). I'll even live with him being fired in mid-season rather than later, as long as it's not about violations.

Besides, Foley was on the sideline at the UT game near the end, and he was caught on camera being ecstatic after one of the plays (the strip fumble recovery?). I can't imagine he'd be firing Muschamp now.
Maybe there was some kind of knock-down, drag-out fight behind the scenes over the QB situation.

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Ok everyone just slow your roll about the rumors of "violations." Rumors are rumors until they're confirmed.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
SavannahGator;n70653 said:

Agreed Violations isn't something to joke, or even speculate about after what happened in the 80's.

ATXGator

Founding Member
Austin Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Could this be it?

http://www.sbnation.com/college-foo...177/houshun-gaines-florida-commitment-catfish

Rocky Mount (N.C.) Nash Central defensive end Houshun Gaines, a three-star prospect in the Class of 2015, announced his commitment Friday to the Florida Gators. The problem? The assistant coach he thought he had been talking to was reportedly a fake, according to Nash Central athletic director Michael Mosley.
Mosley told the Rocky Mount Telegram he believed Gaines was tricked by someone who posed as Florida defensive line coach Brad Lawing on Twitter.

"When I talked to a coach, they told me they hadn't spoke to Gaines in several weeks," Mosley said. "I think he was talking to someone he thought was a coach. I guess he said (on Friday) that he had talked to a coach the night before, but they said he hadn't talked to anybody on the coaching staff."
A quick Twitter search reveals Gaines and Lawing have definitely had contact, as shown by this tweet, originally from a Rivals writer and retweeted by Gaines.

It is entirely possible this was a malicious catfish, as Mosley suggests, but if so, the responsibility falls on him and Nash Central head coach Kevin Crudup to ensure that their players are actually speaking with verified members of a college coaching staff.
It's also possible this was a misunderstanding, as we do not know why anyone would want to do this. Gaines was caught in one of the grayest possible areas of recruiting -- he reportedly received a verbal, non-committable offer last spring. What is a non-committable offer? Worthless, essentially -- it's a promise that if there's enough space in the class (as in, if blue-chip defensive end targets Byron Cowart and CeCe Jefferson go elsewhere), then maybe a commitment will be accepted.
There appears to be just one Brad Lawing Twitter account currently, @CoachLawing. The account does follow Gaines' Twitter as well as a number of other high school prospects. A request to confirm that account as Lawing's has not yet been returned by the Florida athletic department.
Gaines still has other options, assuming Florida does not work out. The prospect claims offers from Virginia Tech, North Carolina, NC State, Boston College and Miami, among others.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.