Treon Harris suspended indefinitely - Accuser drops complaint

GatorFin

Jul 24, 2014
PastyStoole;n71697 said:
It's completely irresponsible and even malicious for people to say that 22 hours to report a rape is "fishy." That's likely an average. In fact, most rape victims don't report their attacks at all. The first call a woman typically makes in rape cases is not to the police, it's usually to a girlfriend and it's not right away. Here's why:

Rape victims typically know their attacker, which many are saying is the case here. The woman must ponder 1) Do they take an action that can lead to their friend or acquaintance spending years behind bars? 2) Is it worth suffering through the inevitable humiliation, shaming and disgrace associated with a trial? (In this case it would be much worse, as it is so high-profile). Women typically report that going through a prolonged legal process, the insensitivity of people in the community who accuse the victim of "fishy" behavior, the cross examination by sleazy defense attorneys etc.., is worse than the rape itself. 3) Given the fact that only 2% of all rapes actually end up with the attacker spending ANY time in jail, is it really worth going through the suffering that nearly all rape victims go through during the legal process? 4)Am I responsible for what just happened to me? How could this happen to me?

The woman must deal with these questions while she is dealing with the stress and aftermath of the act of rape itself. Additionally, she may be suffering from Rape Trauma Syndrome which can lead a woman to be hysterical, paralyzed by anxiety, disoriented, or having an acute sensitivity to being around other people (which is another factor in the time it takes to report a rape, if at all). Usually a woman must be talked into reporting a rape by one or more people.

Again, false reports of rape are extremely rare. Those who are trying to smear the girl by claiming the time frame of reporting is "fishy" need to consider the "fishiness" of the rumors they are intentionally spreading.

I understand this is directed at my statement. I should have capitalized the word "random" rather than the word "really." If she knew Treon I fully understand why she would take time to call if what occurred in that snippet turns out to be the case. If she did not know him than I am surprised she or her roommate did not contact the authorities as soon as possible to try to catch the attacker.

ATXGator

Founding Member
Austin Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
If the info in this article is true it does not look good for Treon...

According to the second source, who is not an eyewitness but is close to the team, Harris allegedly forced himself into the victim’s room and allegedly sexually assaulted her there. The source also said the victim has a roommate, but it is unknown if she was in the residence hall at the time of the alleged assault. Even if she was, per the source, it is not uncommon to be unable to hear what is happening in another room based on how the Springs Complex’s suites are built — a bathroom separates rooms.

http://www.alligator.org/news/campus/article_60275282-4dd4-11e4-a7a8-b370a8a21954.html

ReelGatorDoc

Sep 9, 2014
I'm thinking this whole process is going to take a while...like the rest of the season. Harris will either be guilty and expelled, innocent, but tainted and
transfer; or come back next year, trying to clear his name and reclaim his legacy.

So this is not going to be a quick process in my opinion. If it was, it would be viewed as inadequate or incomplete.

Now, FSu decided to play ball and then try and clear his name. I think we have to clear things up in advance

PastyStoole

Founding Member
Man, there's no boundary line to art. ~Bird Parker
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
alcoholica;n71722 said:
It's not the 22hrs that people are finding fishy, it's the 1am that people don't understand. It's not that people are calling her a slut (your original term), it's that they don't understand some of her actions.

And yes, people are spreading rumors. Technically, until he is proven guilty this entire accusation is a rumor.

Again, you stated that she's "a slut until she proves herself otherwise," which is the very definition of slut-shaming, (the term I actually used). Like I said, you've got some serious mental issues if you feel that way, little man. My advice to you is to get into your car and drive to a meeting pronto. There is one going on in any town in America at nearly any hour, and you are really in need of some group counseling.

And no, the accusation itself is not a "rumor" she made the accusation, and it's been documented. You've done nothing but spread completely unsubstantiated rumors about a woman you've already called a slut. You need to quit while you're behind.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
alcoholica;n71742 said:
IF is a might big word for only 2 letters.

Yep the guy wasn't a witness to anything - just saying what he heard was reported. I hope this is a slam dunk case if he did do it and he gets charged quickly.

Bernardo de la Paz

Founding Member
Florida Victorious Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Gator Fever;n71751 said:
Yep the guy wasn't a witness to anything - just saying what he heard was reported. I hope this is a slam dunk case if he did do it and he gets charged quickly.

If the guy is right and the allegations are that he forced his way in and assaulted her I would assume that they would be looking for physical evidence that force was used to determine whether to charge him. Seems like it would be much less of a he said she said issue than if he were alleged to have used alcohol our drugs to take advantage of her.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Bernardo de la Paz;n71756 said:
If the guy is right and the allegations are that he forced his way in and assaulted her I would assume that they would be looking for physical evidence that force was used to determine whether to charge him. Seems like it would be much less of a he said she said issue than if he were alleged to have used alcohol our drugs to take advantage of her.

It might be her saying he shoved her through the door possibly and there is no evidence of it. I know normally a complaint of something like that with a female even without a rape accusation the cops will immediately arrest the person based on her word and the physical damage seen to the door etc.

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
PastyStoole;n71741 said:
Again, you stated that she's "a slut until she proves herself otherwise," which is the very definition of slut-shaming, (the term I actually used). Like I said, you've got some serious mental issues if you feel that way, little man. My advice to you is to get into your car and drive to a meeting pronto. There is one going on in any town in America at nearly any hour, and you are really in need of some group counseling.

And no, the accusation itself is not a "rumor" she made the accusation, and it's been documented. You've done nothing but spread completely unsubstantiated rumors about a woman you've already called a slut. You need to quit while you're behind.

Nice spin, do you even know how to really talk, because I'm just seeing gibberish from you....haha, you're such a turd and everyone sees it.

MatthewM.

Founding Member
Chief Queef
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
God Pasty you are such a little slut I could spank you.

PastyStoole

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
alcoholica;n71764 said:
Nice spin, do you even know how to really talk, because I'm just seeing gibberish from you....haha, you're such a turd and everyone sees it.

Again, I'm just directly quoting you. You stated she's "a slut until she proves herself otherwise." Then you proceeded to smear her further with rumors and innuendo.

And perhaps I am a turd, but you sir are a farty-pants.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Get it back on topic boys and try to avoid turning it into a catfight. :catfight:

PastyStoole

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
MatthewM.;n71777 said:
God Pasty you are such a little slut I could spank you.

Gonna take this as a compliment...I think.

Gatorhunter

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I won't link it just because I don't like him but Bianchi may have written his first article ever that I agree with. He basically said that UF needs to be done with Treon regardless of the outcome of this case. In my opinion, It was spot on. In today's climate, UF needs to distance itself as far away as possible from Treon and this situation. Hate it for the kid if he is never charged but he's talented enough he will land somewhere else. The university cannot afford to be tarnished by the speculation that will surround this case for the foreseeable future. Fsu will always be the school that trotted a potential rapist out on the field every Saturday to lead their team. We don't want that label. You can look up the article if you're curious.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator