Treon Harris suspended indefinitely - Accuser drops complaint

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Business Insider is saying that we tricked a recruit by some sort of hoax involving Lawing. Actually it doesn't say we did anything wrong. Just that someone duped the kid.

bayou gator

Lord I was born a shamblin' man...
Lifetime Member
Aug 30, 2014
oxrageous;n70655 said:
Maybe there was some kind of knock-down, drag-out fight behind the scenes over the QB situation.

That's what I'm thinking... Maybe Roper flipped out when Muschamp told him Driskel will remain the starter. If something like that happened, I'm hoping Foley sided with Roper, and told Muschamp to hit the road. I'd feel much more comfortable with Roper at the helm. I truly don't believe we could get any worse.

CapitalGator02

Founding Member
( . Y . )
Jun 17, 2014
Founding Member
oxrageous;n70636 said:
There's been a sudden influx of traffic to the board. Word is getting around that something is up.

Someone went Tanya Harding on Driskel to drum up GC web traffic?

On a serious note, I'm guessing an arrest or Muschamp resigns, or Muschamp was arrested and resigned.

GatorInKnox

Founding Member
The Sicilian
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Twitter is saying that Treon Harris was ineligible lol

Alagator

Founding Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Captain Sasquatch;n70656 said:
Ok everyone just slow your roll about the rumors of "violations." Rumors are rumors until they're confirmed.

And as previously mentioned, that is what is being tossed around on rivals boards. Of course they're gonna jump to that. But they are just speculating. Same as us.

SavannahGator

Founding Member
Behind Enemy Lines
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
So if someone posed as OUR coach, how does that affect US? It's regrettable, and not right, but WE didn't do it.

In any case, I just checked Yahoo Sports and The Worldwide Leader, and there's not a sniff of anything about us, other than a recap of Saturday's coming out party for Freon-Treon.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
If the catfishing is remotely true, of course they are going to cancel teh presser to make sure the whole athletic department has the same story.

williston_gator

Founding Member
Twitter junkie
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Why would UF cancel a presser if some kid got duped by a catfish?

ATXGator

Founding Member
Austin Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
TheDouglas78;n70669 said:
If the catfishing is remotely true, of course they are going to cancel teh presser to make sure the whole athletic department has the same story.

I agree.. they probably want to find out exactly what happened and make sure Lawling didn't talk to the kid. I'm hoping this is it.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
williston_gator;n70670 said:
Why would UF cancel a presser if some kid got duped by a catfish?

They have to be on the same page, with the same message. If this is new news then it has to be well versed by everyone.

ATXGator

Founding Member
Austin Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
A source close to the situation has confirmed that this does not involve the future of Will Muschamp. Stay tuned for details. David Jones (@DaveJonesUFbeat) https://twitter.com/DaveJonesUFbeat/status/519155113706151936"

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
There's no way this is about that kid getting catfished. Our coaches had nothing to do with it.

Alagator

Founding Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
GatorInKnox;n70665 said:
Twitter is saying that Treon Harris was ineligible lol

May be the only way Tenn could get a "W" against us.

GatorFin

Jul 24, 2014
They may have cancelled if the one and only twitter account for Brad Lawing was in fact communicating with the recruit. They had apparently talked before via that twitter handle.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.